Disneyworld Planning Help?

Hey everyone. I'm trying to plan a trip for me and my friends after we graduate to Disneyworld. Does anyone have any good travel agencies you would recommend? Also, since we're only a bunch of high school graduates, the value resorts are pretty good right? Any tips?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP MICECHATTERS =D
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• New Old Member

Re: Disneyworld Planning Help?

• World Traveler

The value resorts are fine, but if you can upgrade to one of the moderate hotels, they are nicer. Just remember there are four parks, two water parks and lots of other activities, so leave plenty of time for that.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007 View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm trying to plan a trip for me and my friends after we graduate to Disneyworld. Does anyone have any good travel agencies you would recommend? Also, since we're only a bunch of high school graduates, the value resorts are pretty good right? Any tips?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP MICECHATTERS =D

Depending on how you want to eat and the size and gender/comfort level of your group, a cabin at the campgrounds may be in order.

They sleep 6 (2 single bunks and two queen beds) and have full kitchens plus a deck with a grill.

Even though they cost more per night, you can split the cost 6 ways.

If you have a rental car (or make a well planned stop on they way in) it can save you a bunch of meal money - not to mention time in the AM if you eat breakfast. But then you miss eating in some of the great disney restaruants.

Its an option, but you have to look at price, groups size, desire to "eat out", and willingness to co-habitate (there are seperate rooms, but sharing of beds in those rooms)

The campgrounds are also a bit spread out, but then you are young and healthy - whats a bit of a walk ?

-dave

• Minion

This site has a lot of well organized, accurate info on every aspect of WDW:
    http://allearsnet.com/

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007 View Post
    Does anyone have any good travel agencies you would recommend?
    Most of us use MiceChatter Mr. Lightyear999, of Craig's Travel. He planned the MiceChat WDW Invasion in October. I'm sure he would be happy to help you plan your trip. Just send him a PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• New Old Member

Phonedave, good thinking. As big as his group appears, they would need two rooms anyway I believe. I have stayed in one of the cabins in the past and loved it. Money disappears very quickly when dining out, lots of money to be saved in one of these cabins. Not to mention the fun of BBQing out in the woods.

One question I have is:

Can 18-year-olds rent a room at WDW and/or rent a vehicle? Seems to me that there is a minimum age limit to getting a hotel room at WDW.

???

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc View Post
    One question I have is:

Can 18-year-olds rent a room at WDW and/or rent a vehicle? Seems to me that there is a minimum age limit to getting a hotel room at WDW.

???
    An 18 year old is considered an adult and can rent a room at WDW.

Car rental policies differ by rental company and state.

-Joe

• New Old Member

To follow is from the All Stars Resort:

*** There is no charge for children under 17 years old when in the same room as the adults. Standard and preferred rooms have a maximum four-person occupancy per room. For each adult beyond the first two, there is a $10 per night charge per person. Maximum of 4 persons per room. ***
    Last edited by herb2linda; 12-27-2006 at 01:26 PM. Reason: additional info

I booked my first solo WDW trip the day I turned 18, so booking a room isn't a problem, you're allowed

When planning for that trip and others however, I found that almost, if not all car rental agencies require you to be 21. There may be some local companies which will individuals under 21 rent, but there are probably some hefty additional fees.

Quote Originally Posted by ieffectfor_disney View Post
    I booked my first solo WDW trip the day I turned 18, so booking a room isn't a problem, you're allowed

When planning for that trip and others however, I found that almost, if not all car rental agencies require you to be 21. There may be some local companies which will individuals under 21 rent, but there are probably some hefty additional fees.

Last time I tried to rent a car and was under 21 (wow! lets just say 1990) I found the same thing. It's allmost impossible.

To the OP, if you are asking because you want stop on the way in, many of the limo companies include a 30 minute stop to purchase food or liquor (but then if you could do that, you could rent a car) or anything else thats on the way to WDW. Of course you are going to end up paying for the limo service when DME would have been free. But again this this all stuff you have to factor into your plan.

-dave

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Actually, most car rental places require you to be 25. I've had to rent a car a couple times when my old car was in the shop and remember that if you were under 25 you had to pay a higher fee. And you have to pay for the rental via credit card. Some rental companies will let you pay cash but they jack up the price big time.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Actually, most car rental places require you to be 25. I've had to rent a car a couple times when my old car was in the shop and remember that if you were under 25 you had to pay a higher fee. And you have to pay for the rental via credit card. Some rental companies will let you pay cash but they jack up the price big time.

Yes, but it is possible. Friends of mine did rent one to drive to Spring Break one year in college. Some of them were on the five year plan but none were 25. It just ends up costing an arm and a leg.

-dave