Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Yes?

evilqueenrocks Christmas trip report and pics

My family went to the WDW resort the week before Christmas Dec 19-Dec 23. We arrived at the Grand Floridian resort a little after 3:00pm. When we checked in we asked about an upgrade and the girl at the counter said she would see what she had. After looking she suggested that we would be better off staying in the room we had booked since the only difference in what she had was the view. We had booked a tower room which is not in the main building nor had a view other than the pool, but had a seperate seating area with another TV. So, my husband decided we needed the extra space since our 2 year old can still sleep in a crib(where she is much safer than a bed since she's small and has never tried to climb out) It was a good decision. Here are a few photos of the room.

I just thought the topiary wallpaper was so cute...so did my 2 year old, she kept standing in the bathroom naming off the characters on the wall.

We actually left the resort the first night and went to eat at my mom's favorite restaurant on I-Drive. She was at WDW for the same days we were but she stayed at Pop Century. When we came back there was a bell ringing group performing in the lobby.

Here is the GF tree

And of course, the gingerbread house.

Then we went over to the Contemporary because my daughter loves their gameroom. Here is their display, which I believe is new this year but I could be wrong. A CM said they didn't believe that Contemp had had an edible display before. There were 7 hidden Mickeys in this display.

Here is the big tree out in front.

We went back to the room and turn-down service had been performed. My 5 year old daughter loved the mints!

The next day we went to Epcot for a few hours during the day. Rode the new Nemo ride. It's cute, my daughters liked it, but I'd rate it a strong B ticket ride. The queue line is nice but still needs more to keep your attention given its length. Here are some photos of Epcot.

We then returned to the hotel where my husband and I had dinner reservations at Narcoosees. Grandma came over to watch the girls for us. We had a table by the window.

For being guests of the GF they brought out a little single appetizer to each of us of marinated shrimp and conch. I had never had conch so I gave it a try. Not bad and the marinade was tasty. Then I had the crab cakes as an apppetizer. Some of the best I've ever had! Hardly and filler and mostly crab meat with a nice mustard sauce that was just enough to give it some zing. My hubby had the salad. We each had the filet for dinner and my husband added the lobster tail to his. That was the most tender meat I think I've ever had. For dessert I had the Raspberry-mint mousse in a chocolate nest with sour cream ice cream. I was pleasantly surprised by the ice cream! The tang from the sour cream and the sweetness of the ice cream went really well together. My husband had the key lime creme brulee.

My dessert

The next day we decided to go to other resorts and the Marketplace since we had tickets for the MVMCP. We went over to Poly and were dissapointed to find out that they didn't do their edible display this year. Here is their tree though.

We went to the Marketplace and bought a few ornaments then went back to the hotel to get ready for the party.

It was very warm and crowded! we went straight over to tomorrowland and rode a few rides and then back to Toontown fair where my daughters met Cinderella and Prince Charming.

Aurora and Prince Phillip

Mickey's house was decorated.

Then my little one found the dance party and fell in love with the mice!

Then we sat behind teacups and waited for the fireworks. Rode a few more rides and then camped out in Liberty Square for the parade.

I hope I'm not posting too many photos. Let me know and I won't do as many but I have plenty of pics from the parade and some more pics from Epcot. More to come soon!
    Last edited by EvilQueenRocks; 12-27-2006 at 06:23 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: evilqueenrocks Christmas trip report and pics

Too many photos? No such thing! I want to see more!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

So do I. Looks like a good time was had by all.

• Yes?

You asked for it! Here are some photos from the parade and fireworks.

This next float I was actually impressed with the fact that these guys playing the Dixieland jazz were REALLY playing these instruments.

This Santa was very good at interacting with the crowd. He singled out a pair of newleyweds and made them kiss. It was cute!

We liked these fireworks and parade better than the Halloween Party ones but the party as a whole we prefer Halloween. It just seems more interactive.

The obligatory cookie and hot cocoa. It really was too warm that night to be drinking that stuff but I just had to do it. The cookie was pretty good.

The next day we stayed around the hotel and relaxed then went over to Epcot around 3:00pm to see some of their things at night. The America pavillion had a large gingerbread house inside their counter service restaurant.

And then it rained and the evening started going downhill fast! We left America, got a special holiday pomegranite Royale in France and got to the UK before it started pouring again. Then it never really stopped. We took a few more photos as we made our way to the building where Character connection is and tried to wait out the rain. Wasn't going to happen. We gave up and decided to make a run for the monorail and get back to the hotel. We were soaked to the bone!

The Epcot tree

The lighted archway

The next day we were going home. We only live a 3 hour drive away so we always go to at least one park before we head home. So, we asked our daughter where she wanted to go and she said MK for only the People Mover and Buzz and then Epcot. While we were in MK we were able to catch the Mickey's Night before Christmas show. Those photos are coming up soon!

Wonderful pics! I wonder how large the oven is to make that gingerbread house.. imagine making that!
    >Siggie Made By Moi<

• Yes?

This is the tree in front of the American pavillion.

Oh! And I forgot these from the Christmas party.
    The trio in Fronteirland had their instruments all lit up.

And here are the CMs waving goodnight from the train platform as we left the Christmas party.

Here are a few shots from the Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas show.

Then it was on to Epcot where we went to see Wonders of Life. It was actually a little depressing...
    this bothered me the most. I remember riding these stationary bikes on a virtual ride through the MK. They could of at least used them since they are just sitting there all covered up.

My daughter loved all the Sensory Funhouse activities...

What's so sad is that she will want to go here again when we return to Epcot and I am going to have to break her little heart and tell her it's closed

I remember when Body Wars had a 2 hour wait and was the only thrill ride in Epcot...*sigh*

On to the countries...We caught a couple of the country Holiday cultural experiences

The Three Kings in Mexico

The Monkey King in China

After making our way around World Showcase and not finding anything for my mother for Christmas, we headed back to the hotel to pick up our truck and luggage. I took a few pics on the way out.

The entrance to GF

And this one was just really cute, they removed the golf balls that are normally here and put ornaments on top of the tees.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Very nice report and pics! My daughters thought that it was cool that the princes were with the princesses, for pictures.

• Directly directed

Great pictures and trip report! Thanks for sharing them!

• For You!

Looked like so much fun! I love the gingerbread house - that was amazing!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Senior Minion

The gingerbread houses look very cute. Hope I could be there to find the 7 hidden Mickeys. The trip seemed very fun. I hope to go to a DLR soon..thanks for sharing it, Evil!

• Knight that says Nee!!

Excellent trip report! I showed my kids the pictures and they got many "ooos" and "ahhhs"!

• Yes?

Thanks everyone! We had a really good time!

Quote Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
    Very nice report and pics! My daughters thought that it was cool that the princes were with the princesses, for pictures.
    As far as I know, and that I've witnessed myself, they only do these pairings during the special parties. This was taken during MVMCP. And the other time I saw this was MNSSHP.

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Looked like so much fun! I love the gingerbread house - that was amazing!
    It also smelled amazing! You could smell it as soon as you walked in the lobby. But, we bought one of the shingles with the chocolate on the back. It honestly wasn't very good. It was like chewing on a sponge dipped in chocolate. I expected it to be crisper.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Excellent trip report! I showed my kids the pictures and they got many "ooos" and "ahhhs"!
    Yea! And I actually have more photos but was being conservative! I have to save something for Where in the WDW game thread.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    with sour cream ice cream.
    I must say, that sounds so good. I may have to go and try and make some now.

Thanks for the trip report. I would love to go during the holidays but it never works out. Here is hoping though

Thanks

-dave

• Banned User

summer did say someone else was around the world on the 19th...

summer, cmash95, eeyorsnumber1fan, some old guy and myself were at epcot that day.... wish summer, mom and I could have met you later or earlier... while eeyore ride something

• I'll pencil this in later

hey u left on my birthfay, the 19, hehe looked like Alot of fun. thanks for sharing I would love to go to WDW again, i miss the Lion King shows, and parade floats, not too much Lion King in DLR, i haven't been there since i was about 6, i think. anyways I love the photo's, Thanks again for posting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast