Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I was deleted.

Re: WDW Cast Member Benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by wdwsog View Post
    What about those people who work at the Disney Stores? What kind of perks do they get?
    Effective Fall 2004 the Disney Stores are no longer owned by Disney. They are owned by The Children's Place. While Disney Employees still get discounts at the stores (Disney pays for it,) TDS Employees do not get discounts on Disney Parks and Resorts, etc. Before the sale they did, with certain restrictions. Now TDS employees get 3 park hopper tickets/year (that have to be picked up and used by the end of the calendar year, so not the same comp. tickets Disney CMs get) and Managers get Purple Passes, similar to the Silver Passes they used to have.

I miss the Days when DLR CMs got into PI and the waterparks for Discount but about 3 years ago they made it WDW site CMs only. Good thing the department I work in now is based out of North Hollywood Anahiem and WDW so I can get a WDW ID on my next trip out there

Benefits?

Other than an endless supply of pixie dust?

• Disneyland Historian

Can cast members buy reduced price admission tickets? The reason I ask is I'm a Disneyland cast member who does not get a Main Entrance Pass and will need to buy tickets when I visit WDW in a month. I can get the room discount but not free admission.

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    Actually, I'd think the best perk would being able to go backstage and get cheaper food and drink. Ha!
    Well technically, if you are not working you are not supposed to be backstage.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48 View Post
    Can cast members buy reduced price admission tickets? The reason I ask is I'm a Disneyland cast member who does not get a Main Entrance Pass and will need to buy tickets when I visit WDW in a month. I can get the room discount but not free admission.
    I'm not sure about DLR, but at WDW, CMs have the opportunity to buy "slightly" discounted tickets for Disney parks, as well as Sea World/Busch Gardens/Arabian nights, and other Orlando attractions (this info is from 2004; it might be incorrect). However, you have to purchase these tickets at the CM store, not at the ticket booth or guest relations. I would check on this before you leave.

Other perks depend on how you participate. For instance, my roommate sang in the Candlelight Procession, and she received two free passes for her time. From time to time, I would receive free pins (United Way, Hurricane Relief).

CMs who work in recreation get a discount on those activities (golfing, horseback riding, etc.).

And as a CP in 2004, I really liked the Christmas package they put together. I'm sure it varies from year to year, but that particular year we received: a glass photo frame, a pin, a coupon booklet for various merchandise/restaurant/hotel discounts, and a free PhotoPass package. It's not a bonus, and the coupons had all kinds of rules applied, but I certainly appreciated it.

I'm sure this is just a smattering.

Quick question: when did CPs start getting Maingate passes?
    Last edited by Bibliophile; 02-28-2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: eta: more info!
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile View Post
    Quick question: when did CPs start getting Maingate passes?
    Spring of 2006. CPs now get Seasonal Blue Passes (6 visits) but no longer recieve Comp Tickets.
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    Well technically, if you are not working you are not supposed to be backstage.
    This is not a rule that actually exists in any Disney Handbook. In fact, current CMs that go through Traditions are told to explore backstage areas, that way they can get used to the areas (such as the tunnels) and know where to go for their shifts. (Or if they pick up an extra shift.) The key is to not bother anyone or prevent anyone from doing his or her job.

Now if you attempt to sneak into the Institute, we'll have to scan your brain a couple of times before you leave. But that's never bothered anyone, and the side effects are minor.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I assume if an applicant has an interest in seeing the back-side of that park, they should request to work in that park? And if they don't get assigned there, they should stay the heck out? Or is clearance a resort-wide sort of thing?

Or am I asking a forbidden question? It's more a question for some day in the future when I've made good money and can afford to live comfortably as a CM than starting trouble anything else. If I wind up at Epcot, do I never get to see the MK tunnels?

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

No, just because a park is not your home park doesn't mean you can't be backstage in another park. It's best to have a reason to be there though. For example, if I go to the Magic Kingdom to check out a backstage area (When I work at Imagination! at Epcot) I should be accomplishing something, perhaps finding out where I need to go for a Parade shift. (Doing it in advance to save time later.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12