Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

WDW Cast Member Benefits?

Apologies if this thread has been covered already. I tried a search and found nothing... maybe I did it wrong.

Anyhoo, I was wondering what type of perks the WDW CMs have besides getting into the parks for free and discounts on merchandise.

I remember when I was a Disneyland Cast Member 6 years ago, not only did we get into Disneyland for free, but we were also able to get into all the Disney World theme parks for free. I was also able to get 50% on my hotel stay! The hotel discount only applied to Florida... we didn't get that type of deal on our own CA resorts.

Do WDW CM's get the usual allowances on bringing people into the park, stay at the resorts, etc too? Since there's so many cast members there in Florida, I wonder how that all works out.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Re: WDW Cast Member Benefits?

Good Question, I would like to know as well.

• Minion

When my niece was a CM, she got into the Parks for free, got 16 extra one day park passes per year to give to family and friends, got a discount on merchandise (not sure how much) and got 50% off of resort stays. She hasn't worked there for probably 4 or 5 years, so this info is old and may have changed since then.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    When my niece was a CM, she got into the Parks for free, got 16 extra one day park passes per year to give to family and friends, got a discount on merchandise (not sure how much) and got 50% off of resort stays. She hasn't worked there for probably 4 or 5 years, so this info is old and may have changed since then.

Thanks for that info! That's about the same time period I was a DL CM and it sounds about the same. On discounts it was 20% off when you start, builds to 35% with seniority. I forget if it goes higher than that... I doubt it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Here's about the minimum that WDW CM's currently get in regards to the parks and resorts:

-Free admission into all 4 WDW parks, no blackout dates (but CM's are the first to be turned away as the parks start nearing capacity)

-50% Waterpark admission, free waterpark admission in off-season.

-Discounted admission to hard-ticket events (Christmas Party, Halloween Party, etc).

-Up to 50% off on hotel rooms at WDW. There are also discounts for DL hotels, but I do not know how much.

-20% discount on most merchandise. There's only a 10% discount on all media, for example.

-A Maingate pass. This gets the CM and 3 friends 1-day park hoppers at WDW, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland six times a year. Block out dates do apply and are different for each resort.

Those are the biggies and all I can remember off the top of my head. Hope this helps!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 12-29-2006 at 03:35 PM. Reason: BPF thought she was logged in...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by AEGuy42 View Post
    -20% discount on most merchandise. There's only a 10% discount on all media, for example.
    The media discount of 10% is for new items. But certain items you can still get the normal "Type A" or "Type B" discount on. Also, WDW CMs have a holiday discount of 40% with even better hotel rates (for select dates)

There's also free admission to Pleasure Island Sunday-Thursday (not sure i that will change with the age restriction age Jan 1)

And many places (shops, hotels, restaurants, etc.) in the Orlando area AND the state of Florida give "Disney discounts" for Disney employees.

And yes, that's all I can think of off the top of my head also.

• Shubisha

And the most funnest perk of them all. ;D

"Hi <insert friend's name here>!"
    "Hey, playing in the park today? Here take some fast passes for this ride"

• Banned User

Actually, I'd think the best perk would being able to go backstage and get cheaper food and drink. Ha!

• Banned User

why do i want subway for some reason....

i should take a seasonal job... just for the better perks... and food

Here's about the minimum that WDW CM's currently get in regards to the parks and resorts:

-Free admission into all 4 WDW parks, no blackout dates (but CM's are the first to be turned away as the parks start nearing capacity)

-50% Waterpark admission, free waterpark admission in off-season.

-Discounted admission to hard-ticket events (Christmas Party, Halloween Party, etc).

-Up to 50% off on hotel rooms at WDW. There are also discounts for DL hotels, but I do not know how much.

-A Maingate pass. This gets the CM and 3 friends 1-day park hoppers at WDW, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland six times a year. Block out dates do apply and are different for each resort.

Those are the biggies and all I can remember off the top of my head. Hope this helps!

To elaborate a little more. full time maingate uses are 12 times per year up to 15 years, at 15 years it switchs to everyday of the year excluding blackout dates.

At 3 years full time service the merchandise discount jumps to 35%. However, the 10% off media still applies.

Free admission to Pleasure Island Clubs Sunday through Thursday nights. This used to just be Thursday nights, but was expanded a year or two ago.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Actually they vary by park not resort. MK's blackouts are different from EPCOTs kind of thing.

ti2gr, it depends on what your status and seniority as to how many admissions you get on your maingate. The MINIMUM right now is 6 (that's what CP's get), which is why I said this is about the minimum CM's get.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    Free admission to Pleasure Island Clubs Sunday through Thursday nights. This used to just be Thursday nights, but was expanded a year or two ago.
    That's what I said!

I also forgot to mention Disney Discounts on DVC memberships & points and Disney Cruises. (someday...)

What about those people who work at the Disney Stores? What kind of perks do they get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast