Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WDW Rumor: SSE

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

WDW Rumor: SSE

While I was on my trip to WDW I poicked up a good rumor through a CM. SSE will NOTR have its ride taken out. After they went digging through the schematics and also a look through of the ride, they realized that if they take the ride out of SSE it will mess up the structual integrity of the ball. I did, however, find out that they WILL be doing a major refurb of the ride in the coming years!

Have fun!

BDK
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Loves a tea party!

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I love SSE! It is one of the longer and more relaxing rides without being cheesy (like iasw). The whole family can ride together and enjoy. I'd look forward to the refurb, but glad they are not planning on a complete change!

You can bet if Disney could find a way to take out all those expensive AA's and retrofit the geosphere with a 2-minute thrill ride, they would have already done so.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I think SSE is a great example of global warming. It's HOT in there!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

It's hot in most WDW attractions since they started turning off the AC at night and turning it up during the day (about 4-5 years ago). Since WDW largely caters to a touristy (i.e. unsophisticated) audience, the feeling of management was 'They're tourists, they expect it to be hot in Florida." That is actually a direct quote from someone formerly in management at WDW, who left due to decisions like that.

Funny, but I don't think they do that at Universal Orlando.

WTF is SSE?

• Having a Grand Day!

Space Ship Earth, The Big Golf Ball at the Epcot park.

• Self Congratulative

I personally would like some "retro era" nostalgia left in the resort. It seems they're getting rid of all the "tron-like" stuff everywhere and only leaving very old classic stuff or adding Pixar crap.

Stay tuned for SPACESHIP BUZZ and friends! ONLY AT EPCOT: The Evil Pixar Crap of Tomorrow!

I do think that SSE needs a new makeover at least at the end. They AT&T stuff is outdated and crappy. They also need to refurb the track. When I rode it last week the track was making so much noise that I couldn't hear the narrator of the ride! I also think that they need to find something to put into the open space at the exit. It just looks so bland down there!

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    I agree that the track really needs some work, as does the whole ride. The last couple of years that I have ebbn going, it never fails that it breaksdown momentarily when I m on it. It also needs a facelift as some of the stuff is dated.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Yeah, the track in SSE is just pitiful right now. And, while the post-show area looks bad right now, just be glad you didn't see it right after AT&T pulled out but BEFORE the walls went up - just a ig, open, depressing area at that point. At least the walls now make it look smaller. *sigh* Why oh why cant' Disney get Cingular or some other communications company to take over sponsopship and update the end? *sigh*
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Banned User

It needs a major overhaul (those warning videos at the beginning of the ride now totally destroy it for me..LAME) It should still remain a fun slow moving ride with lots of AA's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    It needs a major overhaul (those warning videos at the beginning of the ride now totally destroy it for me..LAME) It should still remain a fun slow moving ride with lots of AA's though.
    I agree with ya on the video. The 3D effects on it are awful compared to what you can do with a computer nowadays. I think they need to redo that video. It prob wouldn't take them too awlful long to make a new vid. Whaddya think, Disney?

• They wanna know, HO!

SSE needs a massive AA, ride vehicle, audio system, and ending rehab. MAJOR. It's been over 11 years!
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Self Congratulative

Rumor has it that the new Spaceship Earth theme is revolving around the Michael Jackson Trial.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast