Thread: August Trip

• The Mickey Follower

August Trip

Has anyone ever gone the first part of August. We're going back for our anniversary (last week of honeymoon was at WDW!!!) and wanted to know how are the crowds?

The way our honeymoon worked out, we didn't step on the resort until the last week of August.

• Uber Disney freak! O

Well my honeymoon in summer 2000 spanned the last week of July and first week of August - hot, sticky, sweatty, large crowds. I won't be celebrating my anniversary at WDW ON the anniversary anytime soon. DH & instead put it off to September.
    Last edited by Labuda; 05-23-2005 at 11:33 AM. Reason: cvorrecting typos
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    I have been in August before and it is quite hot and humid and crowded. Not my favorite time to go (because if the crowds) I usually prefer Sept (kids back in school, less people)
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• The Mickey Follower

Guess we'll be spending some serious time by the pools. As long as I get to see mickey, I'll be happy.

I've gone around my birthday several times and, other than the heat, didn't find the crowds to be too bad. I think a lot of families hit the resort pools during the heat of the day. If you can brave the heat, you shouldn't have a problem.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

We go every August. It is very hot but if you hit the parks early, stay well hydrated and have an afternoon swim/rest break at the hotel you'll do fine.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    My birthday is the first week of August and I went to Epcot last year to celebrate #30. The weather can be so unpredictable. The forcast can change hourly. The day I went, it was a much of sun/clouds for awhile, then it ended up raining a couple times for no more than 30-45 minutes each time. Summer in central Florida... it's usually sun in the morning with a possible brief afternoon shower, then it clears up the rest of the day. But the rain makes it sooooooooo humid afterwards you can hardly breathe.

But I'm toying with the idea of going back for my birthday again this year so...