• Circle of Ancients

Which is better? Boardwalk or Beach Club or Old Key West?

i am going to WDW next summer and using our Marriot timeshare to get a villas at either Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas or Old KEy West

I don't know to much about them but i put them in this order for request:
    1.Boardwalk
    2.beach club
    3. old key west

does anyone have a preferance? just for info the travel group is 2 mid 40's adults, a 60+ senior, a 18 year old, a 14 year old, and a 10 year old. i am looking to suit them all

thank u
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Yes?

Re: Which is better? Boardwalk or Beach Club or Old Key West?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelindude View Post
    i am going to WDW next summer and using our Marriot timeshare to get a villas at either Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas or Old KEy West

1.Boardwalk
    2.beach club
    3. old key west

does anyone have a preferance? just for info the travel group is 2 mid 40's adults, a 60+ senior, a 18 year old, a 14 year old, and a 10 year old. i am looking to suit them all

thank u
    We have stayed at Beach Club Villas and Old Key West so I can't help you with Boardwalk. Although Boardwalk is on the same lagoon as Beach Club so you would have access to all the same places, restaurants etc. But if I had my choice between the other 2 I would choose Beach Club. My husband and I, in our mid 30's, loved the atmosphere and the layout. The biggest plus for us was the close walk to Epcot, the same if not even shorter, I think, than the walk to MK from Contemporary. Your teens will love the pool with the large waterslide and I feel a senior will also love the easy atmosphere of this resort. I didn't like Old Key West that much. It seemed too big, with a golf course in the middle of it, so you had to go all the way around to get to the main buildings. Plus, I really prefer indoor hallways and Old Key West has all outside doors and very few elevators, a pain, if you are not on the bottom floor. Also parking was spare for us where we were in the resort. But Olivia's is a very good place for lunch. We loved their onion rings and crab cakes.

• Banned User

That is the best order for request.

I didn't even know they did that. How does Marriott do that?

• Banned User

I love the boardwalk but I would be concerned with all the noise because of the boardwalk area. my favorite resort is beach club but I have never stayed in the villas. I would think that DVC accomodations are pretty much standard except for the atmosphere each resort offers

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelindude View Post

1.Boardwalk
    2.beach club
    3. old key west

thank u
    It all depends what you want out of your vacation. If you want walking distance to Epcot, short boat to Studios, then Beach Club or Baordwalk are the best.

I have only stayed at OKW, we bought there in 1994. We toured Boardwalk when they were new and the rooms seemed just too small for my liking.

Old Key West has the largest rooms of the bunch, and with a group of 6 people it might be nice to have a little room to spread out.

Yep, OKW is spread out, if you get in a building in the back it is easier to grab a bus to go to the General Store, which can sometimes take longer than at the other resorts, but with the bus schedule and the fact that all buses stop at Hospitality House (General Store, Front Desk, Restaurant) as a last stop before leaving, just grab any bus (also, I used to ask each time if the bus made a stop at Hospitality House, just to make sure.) I like the laid back feeling I get at OKW. After a day at the parks, when I go back to OKW I feel like I am in a different timezone, things just much more relaxed there.

So for conveince, Boardwalk or Beach Club, for space in the room, OKW.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Official MC Thread Killer

I wouldn't say Boardwalk over either of those two. Beach Club has an awesome pool, but for the true vacation, I would pick Old Key West. It's just too awesome. Quiet and relaxed for the older folk, young and somewhat trendy with a fun pool and slide for the younger ones, and tons of activities and such for all ages. Plus, it feels like you're on your own little key western village vacation, yet in the heart of Disney World. We love it!
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Banned User

I love the beach club becase of the pools for the little ones and older people would injoy the lassy river and the other cool things to do.

• Circle of Ancients

ok well thank you all for your opinions

and i have no idea how Marriot does it but its in the big book of hotels
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.