Any POFQ suggestions or advice?

Ok, in 53 days I'll be on my honeymoon at POFQ. I chose the resort because of the fairly large amount of positive reviews coming from everyone. Any last minute suggestions, tips, or advice anyone can give me on how to make the experience one to remember?
    To Believe is to Conquer the Fears and Doubts of the Typical Intellect...

June 2002 - WDW (Offsite)
    June 2004 - WDW (Offsite)
    Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*

Re: Any POFQ suggestions or advice?

First of all, "Congratulations" on you upcoming wedding!

POFQ will be a wonderful place to spend your honeymoon. If you did not reserve a "Water View" then don't worry about it. It's not worth the extra money to pay for it, however, it is a nicer view than the parking lot, although all views are from the public walkway outside your room. When you check-in, don't ask for an upgrade to "water view," but do tell them that you are on your honeymoon. Chances are very good that the wonderful CM's there will simply upgrade you for free to "plus" your honeymoon. We celebrated our 20th Anniversay at POFQ and by simply mentioning that at check-in, "viola!" we got a water view at no additional charge. Disney people love making special times even more special.

If you're not already aware of it, reserve an evening carriage ride along the Sassagoula River. Very romantic. If not, a sunset stroll along the river with the one you love can be very romantic, too..

The restaurant over at POR, "Boatrights," is a nice alternative to a meal at the food court. It's about a 5-7 minute stroll on the riverwalk from POFQ to the marina area at POR. Not in the mood to walk? No problem, as the boats come every 10-15 minutes to and from, or catch the next resort bus, as all POFQ buses go to POR before any trips to the parks.

The boats to and from Downtown Disney are one of the best reasons to stay at the Riverside resorts. The gentle, laid back ride to dinner, shopping or nighttime entertainment, are great ways to enjoy the surrounding area while getting to and from your DTD destination.

Do take the time to take a leisurely walk around the resort. The attention to detail is amazing and the resort is quite beautiful.

Looking for a building recommendation? Well, because the resort is so compact, it's difficult to be in a bad location. Location depends on your specific needs. My recommendation for the honeymooning couple is Bldg. 6, the same bldg we stayed in. It's not next to the pool or main building, so you get a little more "peace and quiet," something that I would assume would be high on a newly married couples "wish list." However, you are not far from the resorts amenities, either. Very short walk to the pool/jacuzzi, food court, bar, and, most importantly, the bus depot.

Have a wonderful time on your "Disneymoon" and think of us when you enjoy the beignets!

Best of luck to you!

GG

THANKS GG!! That's great info and advice. I'll report how everything went when we get back.
    To Believe is to Conquer the Fears and Doubts of the Typical Intellect...

June 2002 - WDW (Offsite)
    June 2004 - WDW (Offsite)
    Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc View Post
    tell them that you are on your honeymoon. Chances are very good that the wonderful CM's there will simply upgrade you for free to "plus" your honeymoon.

Have a wonderful time on your "Disneymoon" and think of us when you enjoy the beignets!

Tell them everywhere, you never know what you are going to get. Tell them when you make dining reservations too, tell the wait staff, tell the CMs, tell them all.

Bleah. Those were NOT beignets. They were something else, not beignets.

• World Traveler

Congratulations! I know you'll have a great time. February is a wonderful month to visit WDW.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Everyone had some great input, the only thing I can add is to ask for a corner room, you get an extra window.

Talking Re: Any POFQ suggestions or advice?

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Everyone had some great input, the only thing I can add is to ask for a corner room, you get an extra window.

.....and a king-sized bed!!!

• Feeling LOVED

Ummm......its your Honeymoon.....I hardly think this is the forum for tips and advice..........Enjoy and congrats!!
    HEARTS CLUB !!