Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most Romantic Resort?

Ok people, what is, in your opinion, the most romantic resort at WDW? This includes value, mod, or deluxe resorts.
    To Believe is to Conquer the Fears and Doubts of the Typical Intellect...

June 2002 - WDW (Offsite)
    June 2004 - WDW (Offsite)
    Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*

• New Old Member

Re: Most Romantic Resort?

Its what ever one you make it!

• Sailing Away

When I think of romance, I think of elegant, all out girly decor. For me, it's the GF. There is something about the Victorian theme that conjures up images of true gentlemen, long engagements, and strolls under a ruffled umbrella. Sigh.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Minion

Interesting question. I guess I never thought of any of the Disney resorts to be "romantic". Maybe Grand Floridian? Haven't stayed there, but it looks like a very elegant resort. Isn't the Wedding Pavillion also near the GF?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by herb2linda View Post
    Its what ever one you make it!
    That is kind of how I feel too... but sadly minus the value resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by sealsm View Post
    When I think of romance, I think of elegant, all out girly decor. For me, it's the GF. There is something about the Victorian theme that conjures up images of true gentlemen, long engagements, and strolls under a ruffled umbrella. Sigh.
    Hmm, for me it's the nice and tropical Polynesian complete with the hulas, sand, hammocks, and wonderful view from the beach. Some of the others are quite enjoyable and romantic as well, such as The Boardwalk, The Yacht & Beach, French Quarter, and like herb2linda said, just about anyone you make it will be!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I second the French Quarter or the Polynesian.

The ambiance is perfect for romantic encounters.

I like AKL. nightime is the best. Pool is opened late...lighting is good but not too bright. The bar in the main lobby is a great place to relax and talk. Also, walking the grounds at night is also romantic...IMHO.

After getting engaged, honeymooning and going for anniversaries to the Polynesian I have to say there is nothing more romantic to me than walking the beach as we watch the fireworks across the water or sitting in a hammock under the flickering lights of a torch lit path.

We do split our stays with other Deluxe resorts and while all are very nice nothing has been like the Polynesian when it comes to atmosphere.
    DL 1975-2005 30 years of visiting
    WDW 1984-2005 Over 20 years of visiting

He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/

• Banned User

I agree, the Polynesian is amazing. The hammocks, the beaches, and the music in the distance is amazing. And when the volcano actually works, it's pretty neat to see too.

• Banned User

At WDW? None. Try Vegas' Bellagio, Nassau's Atlantis, or TDS' Miracosta.

No doubt the Poly. In fact, I'm surprised Disney doesn't do more aggressive marketing with that slant.

Since my honeymoon and 5 year anniversary trip were both spent at the Contemporary.. that one gets my vote! The CM's both times knocked themselves out to make sure our trip was top notch and hassle free, leaving me free to pay the attention to my new bride that she deserved.

-DD
    Bob the Bellboy IS the Secret Master of Walt Disney World.

• I may be nutz...but...

Contemporary, Concierge level, MK side main tower....you get all the wonderful amenities AND the magical fireworks show at night right on your balcony with the shows soundtrack on one of the Disney resort's T.V. channels in your room. Nothing can beat the view of the Poly and GF across the lake at dusk with the sunset in the background and the early morning view of the Poly and GF through the mist on the lake with the sound of the transport ferry horns waking you to a new Disney day of magic with the one you love! You also have an excellent view of the MK castle changing colors at night and all the twinkling lights from the park while you sip wine and snack on sweets from the concierge lounge on your balcony and watch it all. For my money, that is the ONLY way to go....
    That being said.....anyplace can be romantic if you are with the one you adore and find that special little place at any resort where you can be alone and find your harmony....love rules!
    sues

• California Dreamin

Question Re: Most Romantic Resort?

Well, its a hard choice, but I think it would deffinately be either the Animal Kingdom Lodge, or the Wilderness Lodge. The only explanation I can give for this is its just how I feel about both of thesen resorts whenever I visit them. (that is, I just get in a somewhat romantic mood in these place). Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure to visit WDW with anyone other than my imeadiate family members, but now that I think about it, WDW could be a really romantic place if you wanted it to be.
    futurecm21
    I am the sailing instructarr. And on movie nights, I run the projectarr. Only PG. Nothing arr.
    - The Sea Captain

• Wish I was in WDW..

I honestly think that it depends on the couple. If you like animals then AKL is for you. If you think the beach is romantic then the Poly is for you. In my opinion though the poly and contemporary are the most romantic places to stay at WDW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast