Honeymooning at the Polynesian

My honeymoon iss the last week of this month and we are staying at the Poly. All our table service meals are reserved and that includes Cinderella's Royal Table and Victoria& Alberts. Which park we are doing is sorta planned but I am open to any suggestions anyone has. This is only my second trip and the first one was barely 12 hrs due to how it was set up.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mnemorath; 01-03-2007 at 08:55 PM.

SEMPER ABSURDA

• golly gawrrsh

Re: Honeymooning at the Polynesian

i would suggest the "Spirit of Aloha" right there in the hotel.

we had a great time and would prob go again our next trip

Captian Jack's at Downtown was nice too - nice view of the lake and shops while you eat.

how long are you staying?

• I was deleted.

Especially since you are staying at the Poly (my favorite resort) be sure to spend some time enjoying that resort. Ohana's is my favorite place to dine on property and especially for dinner. Be sure to relax on the beach, lay in a hammock or on the beach, check out the Electrical Water Pagant, and watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from your room/the beach. Here's a fun thing I made my boyfriend, yoyoflmaingo when we stayed there in August - go explore the resort in the wee hours of the night. I know my way around that resort quite well, but it was his first time staying there and spending some time there. So I took him on a tour, at 3:00 in the morning. It was fun and our time on Sunset Point at 3:30am is one thing he often mentions about that trip and the resort.

Have fun!!!

• Banned User

Dole Whips all night long, yeah baby, yeah.

Yeah I would have to say ‘Ohana and California Grill (even though service at CG was bad last time it is still a great view). Artist Point is a nice choice and a fun boat ride over to the WL. I would suggest also trying either Jiko or Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and going over for feeding time that you can watch just off the lobby. Great resort to walk around and check out also.
    DL 1975-2014
    WDW 1984-2014

He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Especially since you are staying at the Poly (my favorite resort) be sure to spend some time enjoying that resort. Ohana's is my favorite place to dine on property and especially for dinner. Be sure to relax on the beach, lay in a hammock or on the beach, check out the Electrical Water Pagant, and watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from your room/the beach. Here's a fun thing I made my boyfriend, yoyoflmaingo when we stayed there in August - go explore the resort in the wee hours of the night. I know my way around that resort quite well, but it was his first time staying there and spending some time there. So I took him on a tour, at 3:00 in the morning. It was fun and our time on Sunset Point at 3:30am is one thing he often mentions about that trip and the resort.

Have fun!!!
    I agree with everything bigpigletfan has said... Since you are at the Poly, you absolutely must eat at Ohana's. It is the best dining experience on the property. Also, if you get a reservation that is close to or around the fireworks at the MK, you get a nice view, and what they do is lower the lights and sync up the music from the fireworks show so that everything is in sync while you eat. Its a nice touch.

Poly also has the fastest of the mini speedboats (at least that is what I think) and there is nothing better than jumping the wake of the big ferry ships or speeding off to the lake behind the contemporary.

Poly also has the great luau, which is another amazing dining option available to you...

We are staying 7 nights. I have reservations at the California Grill for the fireworks. I could change it to Ohana if that is a good idea. Hopefully I have time to do so.

Were going to do WL or dinner first night, but we get in at 1630 and given time to resort on DME, did not really want to take another boat ride. Instead we will take the monorail to EPCOT and eat at the Nine Dragons. My wife is leaving the planning up to me as she does not care where we atay or eat as long as she has somewhere to rest at night. I chose the poly as it seemed to have the best atmosphere for a honeymoon.

SEMPER ABSURDA

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemorath View Post
    We are staying 7 nights. I have reservations at the California Grill for the fireworks. I could change it to Ohana if that is a good idea. Hopefully I have time to do so.

Were going to do WL or dinner first night, but we get in at 1630 and given time to resort on DME, did not really want to take another boat ride. Instead we will take the monorail to EPCOT and eat at the Nine Dragons. My wife is leaving the planning up to me as she does not care where we atay or eat as long as she has somewhere to rest at night. I chose the poly as it seemed to have the best atmosphere for a honeymoon.
    California Grill is nice, but I just love everything about Ohana's... Its all you can eat. The food is amazing, and you get a nice view of the fireworks. The employees are really nice and they keep things festive and fun....

• Banned User

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Mice Chat didn't have all that magical an experience at Ohana when we had the WDW trip...

Food took a long time, understaffed, and some were just rude. Food wasn't all that amazing either, very burned.

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Mice Chat didn't have all that magical an experience at Ohana when we had the WDW trip...

Food took a long time, understaffed, and some were just rude. Food wasn't all that amazing either, very burned.
    sorry to hear that... but the 12 or 13x I have eaten at Ohana's the food has been amazing, the staff friendly, and overall just a fun time.