• Yes indeed!

64 76.19%
  • Of course not.

3 3.57%
  • Undecided.

2 2.38%
  • Only to Studios.

2 2.38%
  • Only if one does not have to pay a fare.

13 15.48%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: WDW Monorail System Expansion

I have to say.. How can anyone say the bus system is working? Almost everytime I am on a bus, I wind up standing ... Either that or I could watch pregnant mothers or older women get jerked around, while they are standing in my place ... It's a matter of honor and I prefer to be a gentleman, and am forced to do so out of necessity. Even though I am not 20 anymore and my feet are VERY tired too!

And how could anyone say that someone, who is paying $400 a night to stay at a Premium resort while consistantly standing on a bus, that the bus system is working....? Not that there aren't a 1000+ other things at WDW that need to be fixed. WDW a shadow of it's former self in the name of profit and they are duping people who do not understand the original standard of Disney excellence (ala Walt's vision and what Disneyland was all about).

I think they are playing up to the general public who might expect less and oh well, screw us long timers.... Their money is as green as ours. Glad I didn't get suck into the Vacation Club Scam.... I have lived a WDW life of denial of it's faults... and am sick of it after my last 2 visits this year. An absolute joke. My next vacation will be elsewhere...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

^ But where else besides Walt Disney World do you have the opportunity to ride in a Disney Transport bus?

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    ^ But where else besides Walt Disney World do you have the opportunity to ride in a Disney Transport bus?

Where else would one be able to ride in a Walt Disney World MVI?

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Minion FOREVER!

Absolutely yes.

However, one caveat... at AK, the station should be "ground level" or low enough or
    far enough away to limit the sight line issues. (similar to front of MK).

As for the costs, it could be billed as a new "attraction" (which IMHO it would be).

Finally, it would really be a nice easier, comfortable ride than the current stop&go on
    the busses.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Where else would one be able to ride in a Walt Disney World MVI?
    Nowhere. Walt Disney World uses Mark VIs

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Nowhere. Walt Disney World uses Mark VIs

Maybe I should have made my statement clearer by saying M VI instead of MVI.
    As the M stands for Mark.

• KING OF CABMF'S

A few months ago i met a monorail driver and he confirmed that disney is talking about expanding the monorail from epcot to MGM. EPCOT may become the new monorail hub then, if it leads to both MK and MGM. It would be good to expand the monorail to MGM, but first add more rides in MGM for more publicity :-)
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

/\ You can't always rely on what monorail drivers (or any cast member for that matter) says, especially when it has to do with resort expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by CowofDisney View Post
    /\ You can't always rely on what monorail drivers (or any cast member for that matter) says, especially when it has to do with resort expansion.
    I agree with that.
    You are corect about EPCOT being the new hub if a new T&TC is not built. I have seen many plans for the expansion and they all include EPCOT as the new Transportation Center.

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

My grand plan if I had the money:

Theme Park Express loop: Connect the TTC-MK shuttle to the Epcot Spur while redesigning it to go to MGM and then AK making it the new "theme park express loop." With the exception of the MK and AK, the theme parks loop would have two stops making it easy to go both ways down the line.

MK Resort Loop-Redesign it to make a stop at the WL

Epcot/MGM Resorts: Along with the new spur to MGM I would build a twin loop (ala the orginal,) running in the opposite direction, that would also stop at the Y&B, Boardwalk, and Swan/Dolphin.

Downtown Disney loop: Connecting to Epcot, would stop at DD, OKW, CB, POR, SSR, and TL. Because this is pie in the sky, I would make a duel loop (like the MK now) so that no one had to travel the whole loop to go to Epcot.

Animal Kingdom Resort loop: Coming off of MGM, but only one line since at AK and MGM at both ends you could transfer to the "Theme Park Express" Route this route would connect BB, All Star, CS, AK, POP and the WWS.

That way the worst amount of transfer would be: Bus to resort monorail (if at a spread out resort like OKW,) local loop (MK, Epcot/MGM, DD, AK) to a park followed by a shot on the Theme Park Express.

Here is a proposal for a stop at the Swan and Dolphin that will also service the Beach and Yact Club.
    The midsection rooms of the Dolphin would be removed and replaced with a station, the beam would then pass above the Swan and continue its loop.
    I have heard that this had been in the plans for the Dolphin and Swan but I have never dden any blueprints of it.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by CowofDisney View Post
    cant i ever just post my story withour having to argue with ppl? well here it goes:
    so Con and i are stuck on the monorail and lets just call this guy mister 15 years of monorailing man, well he tell us that the execs. of disney had a meeting about it... dont talk to me about this... i didn't start the thread
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234