• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Hotels in Orlando, Never been to WDW

I am one of the California People who know so much about trips to DL, but have never been to WDW.

Just when Is the slow time of the year for WDW, and is worth the money you can save to stay in a off property. It looks like you can get a hotel in Orlando at a real good price, but how to get around is another question? Looking at Expedia the price is about 1/2 of on property. This trip is in the first stage of planing with no dates even picked as of yet. I am thinking of sometime this Oct. or early Nov. It would by just my wife and I with no kids.

any help would be good

Thanks
    TahoeBob
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Hotels in Orlando, Never been to WDW

The hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd by Downtown Disney are nice and you can find some good deals at them through hotels.com. I've stayed at the Hilton and Grosvenor and liked both. Grosvenor is getting a major refurb right now I believe. I'll be staying at the Hotel Royal Plaza in a couple weeks.

There's also some nice hotels around the Crossroads area and by the outlet mall (Dixie Stampede is out front).

• Jambo!

Some of the best times of the year to go are Mid January to March and after Labor day through the week before Thanksgiving. One of the disadvantages of staying off property is if you rent a car, you have to pay $10 a day for parking for the parks (Downtown Disney is free) not to mention you can't take advantage of Extra Magic Hours which gets you either early entry or staying after closing at select parks on certain days.

I have stayed off property many a time, but thanks to my Annual Pass, I get free parking. Hotel rates are usually cheaper during the off season (see dates listed above), but there are a few hotels that are technically "on property" but aren't Disney owned hotels such as the Hilton, which give you the same amenities as a "Disney" hotel such as the use of buses.
    Last edited by goofgeek; 01-09-2007 at 03:44 PM.

The Hilton has a bus to the parks. I stayed there three years. The service was great, plus you are in walking distance to Downtown Disney.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

but there are a few hotels that are technically "on property" but aren't Disney owned hotels such as the Hilton, which give you the same amenities as a "Disney" hotel such as the use of buses.
    FYI... these are the hotels on Hotel Plaza Dr I mentioned in my other post. They're called "Disney Good Neighbor" hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    One of the disadvantages of staying off property is if you rent a car, you have to pay $10 a day for parking for the parks (Downtown Disney is free) not to mention you can't take advantage of Extra Magic Hours which gets you either early entry or staying after closing at select parks on certain days.
    Don't those bonuses come included with a Park Hopper though? I haven't been to Florida yet but the Disneyland park hoppers get you free parking as well as some extra magic hours as well.

• Jambo!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    Don't those bonuses come included with a Park Hopper though? I haven't been to Florida yet but the Disneyland park hoppers get you free parking as well as some extra magic hours as well.
    Thanks to "clever" marketing of Walt Disney World management, you only get those benefits from staying on property. A Park Hopper ticket only gets you just that, Park Hopping at the 4 theme park, unless you get a Park Hopper Plus then it includes Pleasure Island, Disney Quest, Wide World of Sports, and the Water Parks. Either way, you pay for parking and dont receive extra magic hours.