Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

New Fast pass at Animal Kingdom?!?!?

This was a news item I just saw on screamscape... Does anyone know more about it...

A Screamscape reader at the park over the busy holiday period noticed a unique new plastic Fastpass ticket in use by a few people. It said Disney's Animal Kingdom Dream Fastpass on the front and looked to be about the size of a credit card, but with three breakable tabs on each side that could be used as individual ride passes. Iím not sure if these are something for sale or if these are one of the special random prizes being given away as part of the Year of a Million Dreams.

• Banned User

Re: New Fast pass at Animal Kingdom?!?!?

Those are dream fastpasses. They are prizes (dreams) for the year of a million dreams promotion.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Most of the Disney Parks are using passes like that for the Year of a Million Dreams promotion.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Blog Entries

it's pretty much what it said it is. It's a dream fastpass which is one of the prizes being given away for the year of a million churros. It has tabs for each attraction which has fastpass and allows you to use them once for each ride once a day without having to worry about fastpass return times.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    it's pretty much what it said it is. It's a dream fastpass which is one of the prizes being given away for the year of a million churros. It has tabs for each attraction which has fastpass and allows you to use them once for each ride once a day without having to worry about fastpass return times.
    so it lets you just walk right up and get on the ride, without having to come back... thats cool... They have something similar at Universal with the express pass... You pay $50, and you get a card that works at every ride in the park once (although at some attractions they just look at the card and dont scan it, so you could in theory use it more than once) and you just walk right to the front of the ride. I did that with Spiderman at IOA. the line was like 60mins long and with this pass, I walked right on, took me all of 20secs. I wish DIsney did something like that...

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    so it lets you just walk right up and get on the ride, without having to come back... thats cool... They have something similar at Universal with the express pass... You pay $50, and you get a card that works at every ride in the park once (although at some attractions they just look at the card and dont scan it, so you could in theory use it more than once) and you just walk right to the front of the ride. I did that with Spiderman at IOA. the line was like 60mins long and with this pass, I walked right on, took me all of 20secs. I wish DIsney did something like that...

Arg, no - that just grates on me. I do not like the idea of pay to cut in front of people.

SIx Flags Great Adventure (I see you live near there too) does that and I don't like it there either.

-dave

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Arg, no - that just grates on me. I do not like the idea of pay to cut in front of people.

SIx Flags Great Adventure (I see you live near there too) does that and I don't like it there either.

-dave

see then we disagree... I love it... If I can pay a lil extra and skip a 60min line, then hey more power to me... I mean its available to everyone, so if they want it, they can get it...

Great Adventure is flawed though, because they have so MANY people who get that thing that there is sometimes a longer line for the flashpass than there is for the regular line... but at great adventure when a ride can get as long as 3hrs (Kingda Ka, or even El Toro) waiting 15-30mins with my flash pass is a godsend.

Going back to Universal, when my friend and I bought that express pass ticket, we did both parks, every ride, some more than once in about 4hrs, and that includes lunch, and then the subsequent downtime to digest.

Blog Entries

I don't like the Universal system at all even though I enjoy their park since it creates two classes of patrons and makes the regular patrons feel second class. I've even heard a Universal employee once tell someone that if you just weren't so cheap you could have that same priveledge too. As much as I defend Universal, I couldn't defend that statement. We already paid almost 70 dollars to get in the park, 50 bucks more is just ridiculous.

I'm not a big fan of the normal fastpass system at Disney, Express pass is even worse. I don't mind it on a small scale like this is done however as a prize since it doesn't hit too many people and is very controlled so as not to really effect line times I assume.

Express Pass at Universal makes the lines at least twice as long as they would normally be to people who can't afford the extra money. It's nice if you can afford it, but otherwise is a pain. Universal is strapped for cash though so I understand why they do it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Most of the Disney Parks are using passes like that for the Year of a Million Dreams promotion.
    That would be at DLR and WDW only. This "Million Dreams" nonsense (and dream FPs) are not being done/offered at TDR, DLPR or HKDLR parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi
    I love it... If I can pay a lil extra and skip a 60min line, then hey more power to me... I mean its available to everyone, so if they want it, they can get it...
    Congratulations! You got the right idea, and personally, I would feel much better knowing that those who are cutting in front of me, are actually paying for the benefit. So KUDOS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kcnole
    I don't like the Universal system at all even though I enjoy their park since it creates two classes of patrons and makes the regular patrons feel second class.
    How is that different from Disney's FP? How do you think I feel when I get to Soarin and find out the FPs have been given out for the day??? Makes me feel 2nd class too!! Which then... makes me feel like 3rd class when a FP ride breaks down and those who had FPs for an earlier time are then allowed to us them pass their window time. (Something that happens as well regardless, which is extremely unfair to those in a stand by line, mind you) Same way all pro-FP advocates feel Disney's FP is fair because it's opened to everyone, Universal's system is also fair because you have the choice to pay for it or not. Same difference IMHO. Personally, I would like Disney to adopt the Universal "pay for option" in regards to FP, or else... get rid of FP completely! Let the lines move at natural pace...

Express Pass at Universal makes the lines at least twice as long as they would normally be to people who can't afford the extra money.
    I don't think that's quite correct. The number of Express passes for sale is limited, and honestly? Since UNiversal started charging for the service, I have noticed the stand by lines moving faster because more guests choose not to pay for the benefit. I think it's a win-win situation for guests AND Universal alike. DisneyCo doesn't get it.

• Pixiedust?

I like the FP option on Big Thunder Mountain though, but just because they run two different tracks & run one just for FP. But at least it keeps the regular line moving as if it were just using one track, which most rollercoasters do.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

• Pixiedust?

Here is an example of one of the Animal Kindgom Dream Fastpass

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Blog Entries

How is that different from Disney's FP? How do you think I feel when I get to Soarin and find out the FPs have been given out for the day??? Makes me feel 2nd class too!! Which then... makes me feel like 3rd class when a FP ride breaks down and those who had FPs for an earlier time are then allowed to us them pass their window time. (Something that happens as well regardless, which is extremely unfair to those in a stand by line, mind you) Same way all pro-FP advocates feel Disney's FP is fair because it's opened to everyone, Universal's system is also fair because you have the choice to pay for it or not. Same difference IMHO. Personally, I would like Disney to adopt the Universal "pay for option" in regards to FP, or else... get rid of FP completely! Let the lines move at natural pace...
    I didn't say it wasn't other than you don't have to pay for them. I don't like fastpass at all. I liked things the way they used to be when everyone just waited in line. Sure you may get through one line a bit quicker but then the rest of the lines you aren't using fastpass on are longer because of the people using it. It's one of those things that makes you think you're getting a good deal, but in reality you aren't.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    see then we disagree... I love it... If I can pay a lil extra and skip a 60min line, then hey more power to me... I mean its available to everyone, so if they want it, they can get it...

Great Adventure is flawed though, because they have so MANY people who get that thing that there is sometimes a longer line for the flashpass than there is for the regular line... but at great adventure when a ride can get as long as 3hrs (Kingda Ka, or even El Toro) waiting 15-30mins with my flash pass is a godsend.

Going back to Universal, when my friend and I bought that express pass ticket, we did both parks, every ride, some more than once in about 4hrs, and that includes lunch, and then the subsequent downtime to digest.
    Exactly, its a scam.

What has happend is they have degraded the existing price level of service and increased the price to maintain the same level of service.

You are now paying extra (and if you have a family a LOT extra) to get a flashpass which may or may not get you on a ride faster.

I have no delusions about the Disney FastPass system. Its not created out the of the goodness of the people of Disney. Its there to get people off the lines and out into the park where they can buy churros, and other assorted items.

Same goes for GA. GA probaly does even better because they have that huge midway-money-sucking-win-a-giant-stuffed-animal-you-have-to-lug-around-with-you area.

The question is, where does it stop. They might as well institute a super cut to the front anytime you want pass. Make it $200, people will pay. Then when you are on line with your flashpass, they can cut in front of you.

-dave

• In Technicolor!

To add to the Universal express-pass saga: Guests at the three on-site Loews hotels receive length-of-stay express-line privilege. That's both days of a single night stay.

So you pick up your room key upon arrival, use the room key that entire first day at the parks, use it throughout your stay, and when you check-out, you can keep using the room key for the express-line privilege for the entire day after you checked-out.

Yep, we did it.
    These are the games that never end.

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

You left out the best part of Universal's Fast Pass system, if you stay onsite you get free access to those quick lines too, and unlike the upgrade ticket, you get unlimited access the entire day. Cant tell you how many times I rode MIB, the Mummy, Hulk, Spidy and DD when I stayed at the Hard Rock 3 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast