Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Official Mice Chat person

Disney World for only 2 days!

Hey,

I live in the West and have never been to Disney on the East Coast. My family has the opportunity to go to WDW for only 2 days. I have no idea how long it takes to see everything, but from what I've seen it takes more than 2 days. For a very first timer, what do you Disney World experts suggest we do for only 2 days? What's the Biggest greatest things we should definitely do? What parks should we see, and which ones can we miss? Thanks for all the help.

• The one, the only...

Re: Disney World for only 2 days!

Since you are from the West coast, I would cross out the Magic Kingdom because it is too much like Disneyland. I would first go to Epcot. I believe it takes two whole days to see everything in that one park, but if you plan, you probably could see the major attractions like Mission: Space and Test Track, the Land, and Living Seas. Then spend one evening exploring World showcase. There is so much there, you will not see everything, but maybe you can see some countries you are most interest in. Then that night end your first day with Illuminations.

The second day, go to Animal Kingdom first, early in the morning. See Everest and Kilimanjaro Safari. Then after lunch, head to Disney-MGM studios for the afternoon and evening. End the day with Fantasmic.

Then you may not have seen everything, but you will probably see the highlights of three parks.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Main Street with a friend

That sounds like a great plan Jiminy. I agree about skipping the MK this trip to see the more unique parks.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Mouse Extra Dave

OK, it doesn't say when you are going, but if it is a weekend MK may be open late. Let's say it is. I think you should go to MK, as it is a staple. Here's my plan...

Day 1

Get to MGM (change this to my AK plan if MGM has EMH that night) by Rope drop (9am) and head straight to ToT and RnR. After that, walk over to Star Torus and Muppets. Finish with GMR, and hop the boat to Epcot.

This should get you there by about 1pm. You'll be in the back by the UK, so walk over to Soarin and get an FP. Then hit Nemo, and Imagination (if you have time, skip if you don't) before Soarin, (perhaps lunch in the Land as well). After Soarin go get a FP for TT. Then hit SE and M:S. If that is not enough time to fill before your FP is ready, go to Mexico, Norway, and China then back track. If all goes well, and the place is not really jammed, you should be at the World SHowcase around 5-6pm. Enjoy!

Day 2
    AK at rope drop and straight to E:E for a FP and then ride KS. BAck to E:E, then hit Dinosaur. Now you have a choice, FotLK or the new Nemo show. It all depends on the time. Keep in mind, Nemo is about 45minutes, so that could slow you down. Then off to MK by 1pm

This should give you a few hours at MK. Make good use of the FP system and keep an eye on what you can come back to while waiting for the FP to kick in. Take notice of wait times as you pass rides, and use them to your advantage.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• World Traveler

Definitely do Epcot and Disney/MGM or the Animal Kingdom.

I would say do Epcot one day, and then half day at both MGM and Animal Kingdom.
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of the imagination....inside the Twilight Zone."

/\ Agreed, go to AK in the morning and make it to MGM in afternoon to see Fantasmic! and also make sure to see Illuminations the night you are in Epcot

• KING OF CABMF'S

btw, i have done all four parks in one day, u just got to get there early but i didn't get to ride everything i wanted to, but two days should be almost enough time if u use the time wisely
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Well, I would have to say definetly do Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I was kinda disappointed with MGM, but definetly do their Tower(so much better than DCA!) My favorite park was AK, then MK, then Epcot, then MGM. I would say go to MK just to see the differences and how much more room they have! So sorry that you only have two days. If it were me, I would say just let me off and I will be fine for a week, or two, or three!

Day 1:
    Animal Kingdom 9-1
    MGM Studios 1-8 (or whenever Fantasmic ends)
    Day 2:
    Epcot 9-1
    Magic Kingdom 1-9

Quote Originally Posted by sillybrownie View Post
    Day 1:
    Animal Kingdom 9-1
    MGM Studios 1-8 (or whenever Fantasmic ends)
    Day 2:
    Epcot 9-1
    Magic Kingdom 1-9
    That is a good plan but I'd spend more time at Epcot and less time at the Magic Kingdom if you have been to Disneyland many times. Epcot is like two parks in one.
    Disneyland Passholder Since The Dawn of Annual Passes.
    SHRIMPBOATCAPTAIN on vmk

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I wouldn't think of going to WDW, and not go to Magic Kingdom. I know there's the temptation to compare it to Disneyland, but it has a lot to offer. First of all, it's a treat to see the castle, and ride the monorail. Magic Kingdom has the Tommorowland Transit Authority, and Carousel of Progress. I love their Fantasyland, and they have Mickey's Philharmagic. Also, Splash Mountain is much better at WDW. The fireworks at Magic Kingdom are wonderful, and the parade is always a lot of fun.

It is very hard to see all of WDW in just 2 days. A lot depends on where you are staying.

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

My first thoughts to you are what rides do you want to ride and when are you going? Also are you staying on property and can therefore use EMH?

If I was you I would do this if it was peak season or youre staying onsite (and the MK was open late

Day 1:Epcot/MK (if its open till Midnight or later and has a late Spectro parade) Open and close Epcot seeing Illuminations, then catch the monorail over to the MK just intime to see the 11:00 Spectro and see Philharmagic and your favorite classic Disney rides.

Day 2: AK/MGM With most of your day at AK because it has more unique attractions to Florida then MGM. While at MGM though do not miss ToT, RRC, Fantasmic, and the GMR.

If you are going in the off season:

Day 1: Epcot
    Day 2: AK/MGM or MK, I couldnt pick between the two since you are a West Coaster (for me it would be MK because I dont get to a Castle Park on a regualr basis.)

Quote Originally Posted by 20YearAPH View Post
    That is a good plan but I'd spend more time at Epcot and less time at the Magic Kingdom if you have been to Disneyland many times. Epcot is like two parks in one.
    True, DL and MK are similar, so I guess I wouldn't spend more than 4 or so hours there since you have a time limit. BUT I personally prefer MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom over Epcot. I really don't like some of the educational aspects of it, not because I don't want to learn on vacation, but because it didn't impress me that much and I can see more interesting exhibits & such at museums right here! And I know it was Walt Disney's dream and everything, but it's easily the least Disney of the parks (speaking of the films, at least). So, I guess it depends on what you prefer. Also, be prepared to walk a lot at Epcot. Make you sure that, whatever you decide to do, see Mickey's Philharmagic! It's one of my favorite attractions at any of the parks. Other attractions you shouldn't miss are Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Tower of Terror, Lights Motors Action! (really wowed me), the HUGE aquarium at The Living Seas, and Rock N Rollercoaster.
    Last edited by sillybrownie; 01-24-2007 at 09:06 PM.

It would, naturally, depend on the days you're planning on going and the hours (also would you be staying on-site to take advantage of EMH's?).

But, that said, as a WDW, DL and DLP AP holder and a WDW regular for three decades, I would absolutely skip the MK entirely at present. Same with the Studios (unless you can skip over for a few hours from Epcot).

I'd spend as much time as possible at Epcot and DAK because they are the absolute best of what WDW has to offer. There's no way a DL regular won't be depressed and unimpressed by the current state of the MK and there's not enough there that's unique (HoP, CoP, PhilharMagic ... and even the peoplemover) to justify your time.

And the Studios, while having the much better version of ToT, the way overrated RnRC, two mediocre stunt shows and one great AA extravaganza in Great Movie Ride etc ... doesn't have enough to warrant a day or even half a day.

Let us know when you're going and that would help us give you good advice on how to maximize what little time you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast