Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The Mickey Follower

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    How cool would that be... Disney-LucasFilm Studios.
    there ya go.... How about The Jedi Mind Trick: The Ride. Or lightsaber rides (kinda like the VR ride at DisneyQuest). Good one!!!

• Uber Disney freak! šOš

How cool would that be... Disney-LucasFilm Studios.
    Why am I suddenly drooling profusely?

Better yet, combine with Cousin Orville's idea - LucasFilm-Pixar Studios, a Disney Theme Park.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Self Congratulative

Isn't it ironic that the Disney studios have become a facade, a front of a working studio who really doesn't do any filming anymore.

Irony comes in the part that the gimmick of most attractions at Disney Studios use facades to bring in the viewer into simmulated reality(IE Catastrophe Canyon, the City facades, etc.). Now the Disney Studios try to portray the look of an actual working studio, when they are hardly anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee
    Nope, no word, official or otherwise, has filtered down to my ear. I'm operating for the moment under the assumption that the MGM moniker probably will leave the park this year.
    That's an assumption that's been going on at least as far back as 1995-96.

I still think Disney will pony up and pay to keep the name.

They'd be better to spend some money on fixing that place up, starting with removing that hat. Maybe they can ebay it. If John Stamos has any $$$ left after his divorce, I bet he'd be interested.

• Uber Disney freak! šOš

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    If John Stamos has any $$$ left after his divorce, I bet he'd be interested.
    Seems to me his wife would have more $$ than him at this point...
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Self Congratulative

Uncle Jessie!!!

• Banned User

I would figure that soon the State of FLA will be changing the Interstate signs and sigsn they own on other roads... (Disney will spend a fortune on their signs... but it aint hard to remove it.. look at river country.. just peel it off overnight... then hope no one wants to go untill a few days later...)

• Banned User

Disney is responsible for a lot of the I-4 Construction on Disney Property. The whole US 192 & I-4 Intersection should take about 1/3 of the time than say, the new bridges that were built in Lakeland. The reason for this is that Disney requires most construction projects to be completed under a certain time limit. Now, I know some you will say that I don't know what I'm talking about, but when you live near WDW or visit often, you learn to become amazed at how quickly new bridges and roads are built on Disney Property. And when you tie that into the record time on how quickly the place was built, it shows you that your normal state tax funded construction crew works slower than molasses. (No offense if you're a state funded road construction worker) Disney gets things done much more quickly. And all this about the signage changes... it's not as big as everyone thinks. The park's signs are what will take a long time, not the road signs. The road signs property wide can be done in about a week. I remember when they added Blizzard Beach to all the signs. It doesn't take long at all.

• Banned User

Disney is responsible for a lot of the I-4 Construction on Disney Property. The whole US 192 & I-4 Intersection should take about 1/3 of the time than say, the new bridges that were built in Lakeland. The reason for this is that Disney requires most construction projects to be completed under a certain time limit. Now, I know some you will say that I don't know what I'm talking about, but when you live near WDW or visit often, you learn to become amazed at how quickly new bridges and roads are built on Disney Property. And when you tie that into the record time on how quickly the place was built, it shows you that your normal state tax funded construction crew works slower than molasses. (No offense if you're a state funded road construction worker) Disney gets things done much more quickly. And all this about the signage changes... it's not as big as everyone thinks. The park's signs are what will take a long time, not the road signs. The road signs property wide can be done in about a week. I remember when they added Blizzard Beach to all the signs. It doesn't take long at all.

Hmm.... So what you say is that the I-4 construction in lakeland moving faster than in Tampa is due to disney... (I still dont remember a time when I-4 wasn't under construction....)

• Banned User

No, I-4 Construction in Disney moved faster than in Lakeland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12