Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Port Orleans French Quarters Resort or Caribbean Beach??

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    If you are going soon, don't you think you should make reservations soon, too? Or is it not too busy this time of year?
    We're going around the same time and I only made reservations for a character breakfast because I know those are always busy. I might try and make a dinner early in the day if I can at some point, but we don't like too much structure.

I asked around here and supposedly since there's no free dining plan and it's an off-season you can get away with doing such things.

• Former CM

Some of the more popular resturants still fill up in the off season so you may want to try to make a resveration or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    I would certainly go with CBR. But beware of the small room size.
    "Small room size" is relative. CBR's rooms, at 340 square feet, are the largest of the moderates. ALL of the other 3 moderates' rooms are 314 square feet. The difference is about the size of a double bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxdanielle5xo View Post
    I have been to both and I like Port Orleans better. First of all at Carribean Beach if you are hungry or want to go to the pool you have to drive to them since it is so big and at Port Orleans its right outside.
    I SOOOO disagree with both things you said.

You don;t have to drive to the food court or pool at CBR. The resort is spread out, yes, but not all of the rooms are that far away. And even if some rooms are up to a 10 minute walk, we all walk a lot at WDW anyway. Most people don't have cars with them at WDW, yet still like CBR and enjoy walking around the beautifully landscaped grounds.

Also, each village has its own pool, so no one is far from a pool.

"At Port Orleans it's right outside"??? Huh? What do you mean? The pool? The food court? Well, maybe if the one time you were at POFQ the pool was "right outside" it was because you had a water view room overlooking the pool. Not everyone has a pool view. In fact, very few of the rooms at POFQ do. Same with the food court. It's by no means far, but it's not "right outside" everyone's door.

The only 2 WDW resorts I've stayed at are CBR (twice, 1990 and 2005)and POFQ (2 months ago). I still love CBR, but I prefer POFQ. I think you'll be thrilled to be at either one.

POFQ has more "whimsical" touches, especially in the pool area and the main path leading to the pool area. And it's just lovely and charming. But CBR is just so BEAUTIFUL. CBR's food court is larger and has a bigger food selection, but POFQ's was just fine. CBR has an outdoor bar, POFQ has an outdoor bar as well as an indoor lounge, often with live music. POFQ has the boat to DTD, a pleasant touch.

You can't go wrong either way.

• Basking in birthday love

Sadako and I just got back from a stay at French Quarter, and it was quite lovely. The room wasn't huge, but it was very pretty and comfortable, and we were pretty close to the food court and gift shop. We didn't really spend much time at the hotel, so I can't really speak to its amenities.

Though I will say that we had a terrible time getting a bus back from the parks at night. We had to wait 45 minutes for a bus back from Epcot. Next time we go, we're renting a car.

• Banned User

bus service to all the moderate resorts can be bad at times. even the slow times. it's the one drawback staying at any of the moderate resorts. size wise the french quarter is the smallest in area and the theming is quaint and reminds me of new orleans french quarter before katrina. I haven't stayed there for a couple of years but I remember the room was comfortable for three people but if you have more than that it will be crowded but then so will carribean beach. Luckily you won't be spending alot of time at your hotel. My personal favorite moderate is riverside just because I love the pool area and I also love to stay in a mansion. basically all the rooms in the mods are set up the same. Now figment's favorite is carribean beach as well as eeyore's number1 fan because they had a "private" pool practically right outside their door and they didn't have to fight with alot of kids at the main pool. the drawback to the carribean is that it is spread out and the food court and gift shop is in the center of the resort and that can mean a long walk from some of the outlying buildings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12