Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Best Moderate Resort????

Alright, I'm planning out a trip to WDW in September (after Labor Day) and I'm wondering what is the best "moderate" resort to stay in on property. I'm right now I'm torn between Carribean Beach and Coronado Springs, but I am willing to hear opinions on Riverside or Frenchquarter. And also which one is good for a group of people all in their mid to late twenties?

• The one, the only...

Re: Best Moderate Resort????

I have stayed at both Riverside and the French Quarter. Both were fun and well themed. I feel that the French Quarter was quieter, if you are trying to stay away from kids. The moderates are your best value, IMHO. I think the selection could also depend on what kind of theme is appealing to you. If you like the beach, then Caribbean Beach is a nice setting. Coronado Springs is a Spanish style. In So. Cal, you get a lot of that already so you might enjoy a theme that is more different like the French Quarter or Caribbean.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Blog Entries

Between the two you have listed I would say that Coronado Springs would win hands down, however I think its a tie between the French Quarter and Coronado Springs. Both are excellent hotels.

• Minion

For moderates, I've stayed at Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach. Between the two, I liked CS a bit better. Don't get me wrong, CB was nice, just not, IMHO, as nice as CS.

Whichever way you go, have a great time!
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-30-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Fix the link to Allearsnet.com

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

The answer to which moderate is the best is - all of them! You can't go wrong - they're all very nice properties. Don't let location come into play. With Disney transportation (or if you drive yourself to the parks) they're all within 10-15 minutes of the parks.

So it comes down to theme. My personal favorite is the Coronado Springs. I even like it over most premium resorts. It's a beautiful property, with the rooms surrounding the 15 acre Lago Dorado Lagoon. The food court is excellent. This is a convention hotel, but the convention facilities are on the opposite side of the central area, and don't impact the regular guest much.

Any choice you make is going to be a good one - enjoy!

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I have stayed at the carib resort and I like it alot... the grounds are nice, and the rooms are very nice as well...

• 1stOfficial Rider on Nemo

The Riverside is my favorite moderate resort because of the peaceful grounds around the river. I also enjoy the dining area and shop much more than those of Caribbean and the Coronado.

Blog Entries

I loved my stay at the French Quarter. The grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere is peaceful. It is also in a great location and not too big.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We've stayed at Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs. In 03' we stayed at CBR and I LOVED it, I really like the beach theming and the staff was great. This past Aug. we stayed at CR, after a few intial bumps we had a pleasant stay(in a gorgeous suite! ) but I prefer the theming of CBR. Also, I know a lot of people like the Pepper Market at CR but I was not impressed with it at all. When even your 8 year complains the food is bland that's bad Just our opinon though!

I don't think you'll wrong with either, it just boils down to personal preference.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-30-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Former CM

I've stayed at CS, POFQ and CBR. Next year when I go back the plan is to stay at POFQ due to it's small size and how quiet it is. You can also walk over to Riverside in just a few minutes from there. My second choice would then be CS as it's very nice. Plus if you're on the dining plan it's the only place I can think of where you can get a steak (cooke dto order) as a counter service meal.

I agree with danyoung -- you can't go wrong, and it pretty much just comes down to what theming you like the best.

I've been to CBR and POFQ. Love them both, but I prefer POFQ due to its compact size. Nothing at POFQ is a long walk. At CBR, you could be placed in a room that's a 10-15 minute walk from the food court and main pool and shops (a complex called Old Port Royale). It's a beautiful and tranquil walk along a 45 acre lake, but it's still a sizable walk from the farthest reaches of the resort.

Even though I truly love CBR, I try to warn people that they shouldn't expect a true "beach" experience. I love the beach. I moved 500 miles away to live at the beach. CBR's "beaches" are cosmetic only, they are not functional beaches. To me, in my saltwater-addled brain, a beach is (1) an endless horizon; (2) fresh salt air breezes; and (3) the calming sound of the pulsating surf. CBR has none of these. It has pleasant patches of sand on a still lake, a lake that you are not permitted to swim in. Don't get me wrong, they're pretty, I'll even go so far as to call them adorable, and they're neat places to let the kids dig in the sand (some of the kids meals come served in a bucket and come with a shovel) while you lay on a hammock. but if you are expecting a 'real beach" you will be disappointed.

I actually like the large size of CBR because it makes everything feel spread out and tranquil and quiet. But I also like POFQ's smaller size just for the sake of easier walks. You don't exactly feel crowded in, but it's not serene and spread out like CBR.

POFQ and POR offer a boat ride to and from Downtown Disney, which is a pleasant touch. If you stay at POFQ, you can walk over to POR to use the fishin' hole, if that's your idea of a good time.

CBR's rooms are 340 square feet, and all the other moderates' rooms are 314 square feet, the difference being about the size of a double bed.

You have a wonderful decision on your hands. Gather your info, but please don;t stress over your decision because you can't make a bad one!

i liked PO Riverside but when we wanted to go to the foodcourt or pick something up at the front desk it took forever to walk all the way there. We were close to a bus stop and a seperate pool that was more quiet.

• insufferable know-it-all

We really enjoyed the Carribbean Beach on the Micechat trip. Try to stay in Aruba, as it's just across the bridge from "Centretown", where the food court is. And be sure to invest in one of those refillable soda mugs, we used those things like crazy!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• secure all cargo

Stayed at both CB and CS, and while I liked both, I'd say CS edged out CB. We particularly liked the Casitas section of CS. I don't think one resort was better than the other in terms of quality or service. I really think most of it was just our preference for the theming and look of the CS Casitas. Oh, and we also really liked Panchito's Store and the look of the main lobby. Here's a link to a great CS fansite with a ton of good quality pictures.

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB View Post
    And also which one is good for a group of people all in their mid to late twenties?
    The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando. Hands Down. Skip WDW's overly done and tacky cheaper properties.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast