Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Have you seen me on VMK?

Question Whens the best time to go to WDW?

I need some tips about WDW:
    Which hotel is the best out of moderate and values?
    When is the best time (not busy time) to travel to WDW: Spring or Summer?
    and any other tips about WDW, because my family is going there this year and we are unnsure about things.
    [IMG]http://www.*************/ikons/487/ICONATOR_395dc90a7d1818fd45d0c6a65400a219.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/724/ICONATOR_40e338bdee32880d271be226f0077e0a.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://www.*************/ikons/594/ICONATOR_ba0cd76f5078332c46324120fffa4408.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/908/ICONATOR_94dcfc6ee873cd0b1927bd1690b69cf6.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://www.*************/ikons/842/ICONATOR_54d9920e462ce7dec4400b91c70e62f3.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://icons.*************/520/ICONATOR_2434f40251e6fb6ffff957b5922c52a4.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/913/ICONATOR_dcbd396f8cdc74da5f9ae15d35683851.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/221/ICONATOR_b98b9e83ad22f3d9acc3d0cd492a88b9.gif[/IMG]
    iPod iStar
    !!GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!
    VMK: MissStarzgirl
    Mule: Lady_StarPawz

• Jambo!

Re: Whens the best time to go to WDW?

Quote Originally Posted by MissStarzgirl View Post
    I need some tips about WDW:
    Which hotel is the best out of moderate and values?
    and any other tips about WDW, because my family is going there this year and we are unnsure about things.
    Well the best time of the years are second week in January through about Mid March or post Labor Day through the week before Thanksgiving. Also most of December is pretty good time to go (except the week before Christmas). But if you had to choose between Spring or Summer, I would go with Spring, maybe late March through the week before Easter. June is ok but as with all the summer monthes, it can get quite crowded and July is pretty much the busiest month of the year.

Most of my experience is with value resorts so I shall help as best I can. I personally like the Pop Century Resort over the other three All Stars, but they are almost equal. The Pop is closer to Epcot while All Stars are closer to Animal Kingdom, but both have decent accomadations, a food court, pools, and the bus service. But if you have a little extra money, I would just go with the moderate resorts as they seem to be a better value and usually less noisy and crowded than the value resorts (which attracts a lot of families because of its lower prices).

Also I would advise to go for at least 6 days if you can to really get a feel for everything. At least 4 days for parks, maybe 1 or 2 days for the water parks/ golf/ Downtown Disney/etc. There is just so much to see and do, that longer trips are a must. Also there are many types of tickets available and you should look and understand which would be the best value.

I believe that is all I have to add...

the second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

i just returned from WDW and what ever you do dont go during new years and the weeks after it is SOO!!! crowded. my family have stayed at the contemporary, poly, and the port orleans. i dont remeber the contemp but i ate there and chef mickeys is a great buffet. the polynesion is my fav so far. Magnificent themeing, restraunts and the hotel is HUGE. you also have the monarail right there in the hotel and bus and boat access to the parks. the port orleans had good access to parks and it had nice rooms i cant really remember it too well though.

• Banned User

Neither. Summer is hot and humid and springtime is crowded with unruly spring breakers. Best time to visit WDW is definitely Oct or early December. Crowds are light and the weather is cool and enjoyable. October brings the chance to enjoy the Halloween parties at the MK and early december allows you to enjoy all of the Christmas offerings minus the horrific crowds at the end of december.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I like going between October -December (well until Christmas) and then January-April/May. Usually good weather, light to moderate crowds...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Whens the best time to go to WDW?
    every waking moment!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    every waking moment!!!
    I don't think you'd be so quick to say that if you had been at any of the WDW parks this past December 27th and 31st...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

well, no. But, a guest came through here last weekend...on their way home from New Years at Disney..said he loved it. He's a people watcher like my dad...said THAT was great fun!

Neither in my opinion. March and April I would say don't bother, it's Spring Break period and it is BUSY. May is probably the best month if you need to choose between summer and spring.

Best time to visit will be this fall with the other MC'ers on WDW Invasion II. Rates will be posted next week and travel will be October or November.

• ...TWO BITS!

I didn't like August's weather. Next time I go, I'm going winter break. Also August is close to Hurricane season and we got a couple rainstorms and threats of thunder & lighting.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• xmanmom

We went late September/early October and the crowds were okay during the week. Pretty busy on the weekend. But the worst part was that it was HOT and HUMID!! I can't imagine just how bad it would be in the summer. I would avoid summer if at all possible. Spring seems to be very busy. If I were to go back I would go mid October through mid December or January through March. Less busy and better weather.

• Former CM

Try going between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Only busy day would be Sat's at MK. All the other days are great. Plus the weather is pretty good too.

My friends and I are planning to go in August. We have no other month option. How bad are crowds? And really how bad is the weather? I'm from Socal..so do you guys think it will be horrible for me?
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    May is probably the best month if you need to choose between summer and spring.
    That's what I want to hear. As my signature suggests, I plan to be in WDW around May next year. It's a long wait, but it will be a big trip. Of course, you plan for the best, prepare for the worst most of the time.

Generally speaking, I always find May and September almost universally 'good' times to travel, being both in the shoulder season and mild-to-nice weather almost everywhere around the world. Of course, September 2005 saw us get perfect weather in Anaheim and Vegas, but avoiding New Orleans because of Katrina. Goes to show you never can tell...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast