Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Rixter and MickeyMaxx 1/8/07 WDW Trip Report

Excellent stuff again. I enjoyed the story. Love the pics.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Disney: A Way of Life

i look forward to seeing more pix a reading more of your magical adventures
    "Beware of hitchhiking ghosts"

• Feeling LOVED

YAY!!! I love it...my favorite float....I love Ursula..she is sooo evil!!!
    HEARTS CLUB !!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    I absolutely love-love-love this picture of you guys. You both look very cool but not cold and unapproachable cool -- just like -- hmm, the kind of people you want to hang around with all day long. Great picture. Very striking.

I am so sorry to laugh, but it's easy for me to find it funny in California. I hope Rosemary's Baby settles down tonight.
    Now you've got me laughing. Cool . . . yeah, that's us. As to Rosemary's baby, it went until after 1:00 am last night and started again early this morning. We spent the first two hours of the day arranging to get the front desk to change our room assignment and then to move all our junk to the new room. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Awesome pics you guys. Were jealous were not there to spend it with you this time.

Have a great trip ...
    You know we love to travel with the Clinks. Hey, we're here until next Thursday, you could always call in sick. We'll even baby sit one night so you two can have a date night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    Im sooo jealous..we just had to cancel our trip for Feb.. I sooo miss WDW...keep them coming!!
    Oh, I hate that you had to cancel your trip. Hope you can manage to reschedule it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    Great pictures. AK was the Wolfpacks favorite park when we went in October. Wwent twice during those six days. Have fun and keep us updated.

P.S. it pays to take your travel agent with you, guarantees good weather
    Tim, I meant to mention that you booked this for us. Folks, call Disney and try to get a rate under a hundred bucks. When they stop laughing at you, give Craig's Travel a call. These rooms are beautiful, minutes from everything, and we couldn't come close to Tim's pricing. He booked our air fare and rental car, too.

You know, Tim, there were a couple of sprinkles tonight. We'll keep you posted. Kidding. We're way pleased and we didn't have to sweat any of the details. Ad over.

Lu and Rick

"Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

•     
    • Orbital Pluto

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I don't think Expedition Everest beats out Tower of Terror, Journey to the Center of the Earth (E-ticket at Tokyo DisneySea), or Indiana Jones Adventure when it comes to theming or backstory, but it's pretty well themed for a roller coaster. Definitely the most themed roller coaster in the world!
    I should have said that we only have been to the domestic parks. Rick's brother lived in Japan for nine years and he loved TDS most of all the Disney parks and he's as much a Disney nut as we are. We hope to visit the Tokyo and Paris parks in the next year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL View Post
    Great pictures and a great report! My you both look dashing

Glad you are having such a great trip.
    Yikes . . . dashing. Thanks Patty. Now shouldn't you start packing for your trip at the end of the month? Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Excellent stuff again. I enjoyed the story. Love the pics.
    Thanks, Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by wdw or bust View Post
    i look forward to seeing more pix a reading more of your magical adventures
    Magical, indeed. We're having a great trip so far. Should be lots more pics by the weekend after we take care of some business responsibilities here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post

YAY!!! I love it...my favorite float....I love Ursula..she is sooo evil!!!
    Ursula is evil, but she is also quite a woman. As a kid, I loved Pat Carrol (sp) who voiced her in the movie, so I have a special affinity for her, too. Glad I got a shot of her for you.

Lu and Rick

Ernest Thompson Seton

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Lu what a wonderful trip report You and Rick look as handsome as always
    I love the shots of Animal Kingdom and Main Street, makes me want to go back to WDW!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• All you need is LOVE

Wow what a report thanks for sharing

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
    You know we love to travel with the Clinks. Hey, we're here until next Thursday, you could always call in sick. We'll even baby sit one night so you two can have a date night.
    As tempting as that is ... and it's VERY tempting ... We'll catch you guys the next time.

Actually, we are looking into going sometime in April.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Glad you're having a great time at WDW!

Thanks for sharing your trip report. It's always nice to gain other people's perspectives. I feel much the same way about Animal Kingdom as you do.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

How did I miss this thread of two of my favorite people visiting my favorite place?

First off, b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l pictures! I'm so envious of your being there again so wish I was there with you! I'm glad you got the chance to spend some time at the MK and everything looked new and sparkling for you. They even brought out the dignitaries for you. And, by the way $4 for the fudge is worth every bite <yum>.

Have a great time at the show and look forward to seeing and hearing more about your trip!

•     
    • Orbital Pluto

Day 3 (In the Parks)

We spent the last two days at Surf Expo at the Orange County Convention Center. It was a huge show, taking up both the North and South Halls. We don't even want to think about how much money we spent on merchandise for the summer season, but we were excited to make so many new contacts and we were able to buy cutting edge merchandise that should help us move our store substantially upscale this season. We'll have exclusives, no one else in town has and we're anxious to get busy refurbishing the store to help us best maximize sales. We make all our profits in the summer months, so these efforts are very important to our success.

Today, Saturday, we went to the Disney-MGM Studios. It was planned to be a day of visiting. Rick's brother and his wife were meeting us there, as was Robert (Witches of Morva) who we met last October here and who came to Southern California recently with two of his friends. One of those friends, Jason, works weekends as a waiter at the Prime Time Cafe in this park and our plan was to have lunch there and get to visit with him a bit, too.

The two of us, just after entering the park.

Robert showed up shortly after we got there. It is always great to see him. He has been in the Orlando parks so many times, he was like having our own Disney guide.

Tim and Annette showed up next and the adventure began. We were pleased that they got along great with Robert and seemed to enjoy talking with him about the parks, too.

The Studios park is a beautifully detailed representation of Los Angeles of a bygone era. The building facades and the themes are authentic looking and full of clever details. That, we love. Over by the 50's Prime Time restaurant, you can stand in the street and look at the building details and you keep finding more and more layers of detail. First, there is the restaurant. Then to the side is a separate entrance to the cocktail lounge section, as was the tradition in the past. An adjacent staircase leads to an apartment building . . . and on, and on. The down side of this park is that there is not a lot to do if you are a big attractions person. Today, the Indiana Jones Stunt show was closed for a high school dance competition. Rockin' Rollercoaster was closed for refurb. That left even less than usual to do. Tower of Terror was a hit, of course, as was Lights, Motors, Action. We went on the Great Hollywood Movie Ride, which I think is a yawn fest, but seems to have a pretty big following. There was a significant wait at this one, with areas of the que we have never seen filled up. Once inside the theater where they show the old movie trailers, the ride broke down. They assured us it would be back up soon and after maybe 10-15 minutes, the doors opened and they moved the crowd quickly.

Next, we took in the sights, had a fun lunch with "Cousin" Jason as our waiter and saw Fantasmic again so we could reassure ourselves that the Anaheim version is vastly superior.

Random shots of scenes we like in this park.

Lunch at the Prime Time was a riot. After we got seated, that is. We threw a wrench in the works by asking for a particular waiter, so it was around 35 minutes after our priority seating time. Once seated, we were afforded the same customary abuse from our dear water, Jason, as all other customers enjoy. There are rules you must abide by, or punishments are handed out. Keep your elbows off the table, eat all your vegetables, ask permission to go to the restroom and wash your hands before returning.

Jason, our cousin in the restaurant business.

Lu, Robert, Jason and Rick.

Annette being fed the rest of her meal via Jason's flying airplane fork.

The whole cast at this restaurant was in character the entire time. We felt welcomed, part of the family, and, like any family event, we felt more than a little scared. Jason played his roll to a tee, charming every table in his section. Thanks, Cuz!

We found these folks imprisoned on the Back Lot Tour tram. Just say no. They are not having a good time by any stretch of the imagination.

Lights, Motors, Action is an amazing display of driving ability. Maybe a lot more so the first time you see it. This was our second time. Not likely to be a third.

The one thing you see from nearly every part of the park, the Tower of Terror.

On to the last event, Fantasmic.

Seats, actual seats. Actual seats for actual humans.

That was our day. We had a great time, thanks again largely to enthusiastic CMs. This is an attractive park, which was exceptionally clean, but there is not a lot to do, which is sad, because it offers some of the most charming theming and some really decent restaurants. From our perspective, maintenance was better than last year with the exception of neon signs. There were numerous ones that were in need of repair. BUT . . . we had a very good time.

Tomorrow is a morning at Universal and an afternoon of football at Tim and Annette's.

Lu and Rick

Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 01-13-2007 at 10:01 PM.

Ernest Thompson Seton

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Oh Lu I'm so glad that you're having such a great trip! I'm looking forward to your Universal pictures! Give Rixter a hug from me and then have him give you one from me

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•     
    • Orbital Pluto

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    Wow what a report thanks for sharing
    Thanks, we are having a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    As tempting as that is ... and it's VERY tempting ... We'll catch you guys the next time.

Actually, we are looking into going sometime in April.
    I know you'll have a great time. Maybe it's because we are here at a little slower time of the year, but the CM's in every department have been just wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036 View Post
    Glad you're having a great time at WDW!

Thanks for sharing your trip report. It's always nice to gain other people's perspectives. I feel much the same way about Animal Kingdom as you do.
    Thanks, Ron. Hope we get to see you again soon!

Lu and Rick

Ernest Thompson Seton

•     
    • Orbital Pluto

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Oh Lu I'm so glad that you're having such a great trip! I'm looking forward to your Universal pictures! Give Rixter a hug from me and then have him give you one from me
    Thanks, Tina. And thanks for an excuse to give and get hugs. Can't wait to see you end of the month!

Lu and Rick

Ernest Thompson Seton

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Count me in too! Hugs all around!

You're making me want to make the trek east. I havn't been to WDW since 2004 - I'm getting itchy.

And wow! You and Rick both look great. 2007 is agreeing with you

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast