• golly gawrrsh

Another booking question

I had read somewhere that upon arrival you could request an upgrade from standard to premium and could get it at no extra cost providing the resort isn't full - is this true? has anyone done this?

• Yes?

Re: Another booking question

Yes, it's true. We asked at GF and they said that they had a room with a view of the lagoon instead of the courtyard if we wanted it but we were already staying in a room with more space and a seating area so we chose to stay where we were. The extra space was more important to us than the view on this trip. But the CM at check-in was very nice about it. Said she would check, and did check, and was more than willing to do an upgrade. It never hurts to ask!.

Are you talking about a "standard view" room versus a "premium view" room?

• golly gawrrsh

yes - the bit i read was the the girl had booked into a standard view room and when she got there asked for an up grade - apparently since it was off season they asked if she wanted a pool view or food court access room.

i can't remember which she choose but there weren't any additional charges - meaning she didn't go from standard to premium rate.

the last time we were there in January the resort was pretty dead - we never thought of asking for an upgrade but since we're thinking of a feb trip next year it might be worth asking for it.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    I had read somewhere that upon arrival you could request an upgrade from standard to premium and could get it at no extra cost providing the resort isn't full - is this true? has anyone done this?

It all depends. As far as I know (and I may be wrong) they are not obligated to do it, but they can do it if they (the CM) so wishes.

I have had CM's at check in that busted their rears for me, finding larger rooms, hadicapped accessable, adjoining, upgraded, and near the food court for me when I had a party of 6 in two room, one of whom used a wheelchair at the time. He basicly gave me a list of options and let me choose.

Other times they have given some effort. Such as - I can't upgrade you, but I can get you closer to the main building.

Other times I have asked and basicaly got a "nope sorry" allmost immediatley. They may have not looked because they did not feel like it, or perhaps they had looked eariler and knew the resort was at capacity.

-dave

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    yes - the bit i read was the the girl had booked into a standard view room and when she got there asked for an up grade - apparently since it was off season they asked if she wanted a pool view or food court access room.

i can't remember which she choose but there weren't any additional charges - meaning she didn't go from standard to premium rate.

the last time we were there in January the resort was pretty dead - we never thought of asking for an upgrade but since we're thinking of a feb trip next year it might be worth asking for it.
    This could happen at any hotel anywhere. It's not something peculiar to Disney.