Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Guy's, I need to ask for some advice.

I'm an older person, who is a bit timid when it comes to the characters. The first time I had a picture with Goofy, I was pushed into it by a friend at TDL. I want to ask, what it the best way to go about getting photos with characters, especialy when one is older, timid and alone? (And what to do when there are children about?)
    Just queue up bbehind the others who are waiting, and have your camera ready to take a picture - show the CM who's "handling" the character how to point & take the picture and then get your picture taken. No sweat.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Zurg blaster

Don't be afraid

I'm a 35 year old male. On my last trip to Disneyland, I was by myself and stood in line to get pictures with Sleeping Beauty and Ariel :devil: Plus the usual characters. Sure, some people laughed at me for doing this, but I get a kick out of seeing my pictures.

• Banned User

I do TDR and WDW by myself all of the time. You can do whatever you want without being at the merci of someone who really do not appreciate or love the place as much as those of us geeks do. Go solo!!!!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I saw Friar Tuck, Prince John & Maleficent (face character) . Not sure if those are normal characters at WDW, but we do not have those characters at DL.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

• Having a Grand Day!

Thanks for the help. This time round I do want to go solo and not be pushed around with a group (I have always snuck away from the others at some point during the day when I cannot take it anymore... And they know to find me in the Five and Dime. I only ever went with friends because of the whole foriegn country thing but I'm over that now.), the last straw was the same colleague tricking me to go onto Space Mountain. This also means being a bit more courageous... Beating the packs of roaming stroller-equipped parents!

• Fastpass Hater

I saw Launchpad on Main Street and Chip and Dale in their Rescue Rangers costumes on May 7th. I didn't even know kids still knew who these characters were....

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

Re: What Characters have been seen at WDW, since May 5th?

I've found Stitch in Tomorrowland but where the heck is Lilo?

Quote Originally Posted by StitchIsKing
    I've found Stitch in Tomorrowland but where the heck is Lilo?
    I've seen her with Stitch in MGM near the BAH on the last few trips. Also in AK in Camp Minnie Mickey.

A new one for me was the Walrus from Alice in Wonderland. I got to see him at MNSSHP.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

I had a picture taken with Lilo and Stitch at the Animal Kingdom. I have also seen the two of them together in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom, but that was before Stitch's Great Escape opened. Now I see just Stitch in Tomorrowland. With Lilo in Adventureland makes sense with the south seas theme and all. I have also seen on occasion both Lilo and Stitch at the Polynesian Resort, but only for special occasions. I don't know if they are normally there at the character meals, would make sense though.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr
    I had a picture taken with Lilo and Stitch at the Animal Kingdom. I have also seen the two of them together in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom, but that was before Stitch's Great Escape opened. Now I see just Stitch in Tomorrowland. With Lilo in Adventureland makes sense with the south seas theme and all. I have also seen on occasion both Lilo and Stitch at the Polynesian Resort, but only for special occasions. I don't know if they are normally there at the character meals, would make sense though.
    They have their own Breakfast now at 'Ohana.

There is a character breakfast at 'Ohana. Not sure though if Lilo and Stitch appear there or not. Like I said it would make sense if they did. I was working some overtime there one day and they were in the lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr
    There is a character breakfast at 'Ohana. Not sure though if Lilo and Stitch appear there or not. Like I said it would make sense if they did. I was working some overtime there one day and they were in the lobby.
    They were added to the 'Ohana breakfast in October.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Guy's, I need to ask for some advice.

I'm an older person, who is a bit timid when it comes to the characters. The first time I had a picture with Goofy, I was pushed into it by a friend at TDL. I want to ask, what it the best way to go about getting photos with characters, especialy when one is older, timid and alone? (And what to do when there are children about?)
    Hello, fellow older alone person. My experience from rare visits (once every 3-5 years) of DL:

Characters tend to be mobbed. If you have a shirt or hat that prominently features a favorite character, try visiting that character wearing it and they may take notice and come to you instead. I once managed to draw a Goofy out of a virtual ocean of children that way.

Don't be afraid if you look a little less than stuffy in the photo. It's WDW, nobody knows anybody, so if you're goofing around with a pair of five foot tall chipmunks or dancing with Minnie in the middle of a dining room (actually done this, watch out for the big shoes) nobody really gives you a second look.

I don't know how long you're staying but considering the distance if you want to think about the character meals. Go for dinner because breakfast in my experience has more out of control kids. My only dining res for my trip is Chef Mickey's and I have no idea what I'm in for but I saw the dinner menu online and it looks good and the characters are bonus.

• Having a Grand Day!

Wow... I remeber posting that!

I'm leaving for DL (WDW's coming soon, I promise!) on 15th and staying 5 days, and I have two character meals booked (1 BF, 1 Dinner. The original plan was to book them all, but I had a reality check when I got a horrible telephone operator while calling at 5 am AEST) . The shirt idea might work for Goofy (and Max), but I would have to book some quality time with WoD seing the only wearable Disney Shirt I have is a Mickey shirt from London. Maybe carring a small plush and jumping on 1 leg shouting the characters full name? (HEY DONALD FAULTENROY DUCK, DR. CRANE IS OVER HERE!!!!!! )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12