Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All-Star Music

• Circle of Ancients

All-Star Music

ok after many weeks of hopping between resorts to stay at our family finally decided on and booked a family suite at the All-Star Music

Has anyone ever stayed at one of these?

And also i would like to hear some feedback on the hotel if anyone has stayed there, and maybe some tips (for any part of WDW)

i have never been and living in Califonia makes it so i probably won't get another chance for a while

ty
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Jambo!

Re: All-Star Music

Well it's very much like any of the other value resorts. It has a theme, but not as fully immersive as the moderates. Usually a fairly large food court with decent food of every color of the rainbow. Maybe not the most central of the resorts on property, but with the bus system it hardly matters, or if you're driving you get free parking. Usually has an overpacked pool and it can get somewhat noisy if your room is close to the food court or pool.

But I have stayed at the values many a time and it may not be the prettiest Disney hotel, but it's still got Disney touches. It usually doesn't matter though because you'll be out in the parks most of the time. Overall, it's not a bad place to stay and there are many cool little details to see.

• Circle of Ancients

thank you geek good to know
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I stayed for at the All-Star Music the first week of March last year. I was solo, but am pretty sure I'd rather just spend the extra cash on the moderate. I found the place to be littered with loud, obnoxious groups of teenagers (Senior trip, chearleading competition, band,etc) with litter supervision. These kids would literally rush the Disney Transport buses with no regard for who was waiting in line before them. I guess getting around was my biggest problem. I very rarely waited the under 20 minutes Disney tries to claim as average, and the parks were not very busy. Once, I waited over an hour for a bus at Downtown Disney Westside as I watched bus after bus for Moderate and Deluxe resorts pass.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Never been at AS music - AS movies once and Pop Century 4 times

The All Star resorts are not bad. The are very bare bones. You get a much more Dinsey "feel" from a moderate. The food court is just that, a food court - think your local mall.

The bus lines can be long (and are exposed to the elements)

but, having said all those cons, you are on Disney property, the rooms are clean, and waiting for the bus aside, the time to get to the parks is not all that bad.

-dave

• I was deleted.

I've stayed at the All Star Sports a number of times. I personally didn't have to rely upon bus transportation, but when times I have done so I've been at other resorts and always seen the All Star (and often Pop too) lines to be longer than the others.

As others have said, sometimes you might hit rough crowds depending upon what sporting and school events, groups, etc. might be visiting since many of them stay at these resorts and also on group rates - which means they can stay on property for school groups.

Just be open-minded and focus your time while on vacation at the Disney parks and possibly DTD, Boardwalk, DQ, and TL/BB/mini-golf, etc. You're there to see that and the hotel is just there to sleep in. If you look at that way, you'll enjoy the money you save at a value resort.

• ISTC Instructor

I stayed at All-Star Music with some friends once. Also I've stayed at the moderate Port Orleans riverside and Carribean beach. The theming of All-star wasn't as in depth as the moderate ones as mentioned above, but I thought they were still great and knocked the socks off of any off-property-hotel!

I loved the giant guitar pool!!!

• Too far from Disney World

I've stayed at the All-Star Sports Resort before. It was pretty much like a Holiday Inn but with a Disney theme in the room. It was a decent size, the bed was comfy, the room was clean...I remember waiting for the bus in the morning for a few minutes, but nothing outrageous. We spent more time in the parks then we did in the hotel so how fancy the room was really didn't matter, we just wanted a place to shower and sleep.

I'm pretty sure you can still have the items you purchase in the parks sent directly to your rooms at the value resorts as well.

If you're traveling with kids they probably won't care what the hotel is like, they'll just be happy they're at Disney World and there's a pool!

Hope you have a great trip!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• golly gawrrsh

We stayed at the Movies - which is right beside Music. Actually our parking lot was a mix of movies and music guests.

We stayed at the end closer to Music. The Mighty ducks pool was right outside our door - which made it great when we wanted to go swimming and parking wasn't too far either. We were on the bottom floor and honestly didn't notice loud voices coming from the pool. the only time it was packed was when the main pool was closed (which was 3 days out of the 10 we were there) and still didn't notice too much noise - mind you we weren't there during the day so that might have been why we didn't hear much and the pool wasn't too crowded in the evening (well except on night when it seems like every early 20somethings wanted to act like total nimrods.

Now - as for food - it was ok we liked the choices for lunch but since we weren't there most lunches it was breakfast that had to choose from after the 2nd day we gave up on the food at the resort and headed to Mickey D's which was just outside the gates. We found the breakfasts were too expensive for what you got and the choices just weren't cutting it. you get tired of dried scrambled eggs after the second day.

we did have some problems with the room that took far to long to rectify and ended up getting a night for free.

the room was find - we had stayed at POP the year before so knew not to expect the same size as the other resorts we had stayed in. nothing much to expect other then a king bed, tv, sink and bathroom (the bathroom was the problem - mold that took 4 days to get rid of)

as for the bus - we gave up on them after the second day - too many guests (in may at least) on too few buses. each night when we left a park it took forever to get on a bus - first night was MK and second was AK. since our car was close and parking was free we drove where ever we wanted to go.

we're planning a trip in Feb next year and will be picking from Caribbean or Riverside - both places we've stayed before and both we really enjoyed. we always stay 10 days so it's worth it to us to pay the extra 300 - 400 since the resort is a big part of our vacation as we always wonder around.

i think the only value resort we'll ever stay in again is POP but we may just stick with mod and above.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can still have the items you purchase in the parks sent directly to your rooms at the value resorts as well.
    Yes, you can. And you get the other "on-property" perks as well. - Free parking, Extra Magic Hours, etc.

-dave

• New Old Member

There is a time limit on delivery to the rooms though. I believe that they have 24 hrs to delivery so if your in the parks in the afternoon or evening and checking out in the morning, its a no-go.

• and too all a good fright

I'll second Fantastic Duck's comments.

I stayed at AS Movies and it was perfect. I woke up, went to the parks, came back, went to sleep. The only time I actually saw the hotel was the walk from my room to the bus stop.

AS Music and Movies were so close that a few times I hopped the Music bus from the parks to the hotel and walked from Music to Movies (less than a 5 minute walk).

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Is it to your room now, or just the hotel gift shop.

• Too far from Disney World

I'm honestly not sure. I haven't been to a park since 2003 and then it was Animal Kingdom. I was purchasing some Duckie plates/mugs and the CM asked me if I wanted to take them with me or have them sent to my room ro the front of the park. I just had a day pass so she had them sent up to the front of the park. I found it rather cool that I didn't have to carry all of my purchases with me! I keep reading in guidebooks that they'll take them to your room for you.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• golly gawrrsh

no - purchased items get sent to the resort gift shop and you have to pick it up during their business hours.

i think they call you when it arrives and you have to bring your receipt with you to pick it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast