Thread: Dining plan...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Dining plan...

I've heard SO many people on here raving about the dining plan, that I am almost talked into getting it on our next trip. we will be taking our time more on the next trip, so, I really want to try some sit down places. A call to the dining number did not help at all with my main question, and I can't find anything on the website...so, I turn to ya'll. (probably should have done that first)...here we go. Is there any list anywhere of what restaurants participate in the plan and how many meals they take for each restaurant? Does every member of your family HAVE to participate? It'snot really wrth it for our 4 year old....could she just share with us? Thanks you guys! SP

• golly gawrrsh

Re: Dining plan...

yes - always come here first - it will save you so much time and energy

here's the link for the restaurants who accept the dining plan - it's 2006 but i don't think they've changed

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/me.../MYWDining.pdf

it tells you everything you need to know - how many table services you need for each place, to what "snacks" you can have

as for the 4 year old - i may be wrong but i think everyone in the room must take the dining plan - now if you don't order dinner for her maybe you could use it for breakfast and lunch instead of lunch and dinner - but let me know if you can just do the adults with the plan and the kids without since our daughter will prob be 3 1/2 the next time we go.
    Last edited by cooknthyme; 01-17-2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: added a comment

thank you. Maybe I'm just ditsy, but, what is a signature restaurant? Is there anyway to find out what restaurants are what?

• xmanmom

Everyone in your party must be on the dining plan, however it is significantly cheaper for children. I think $12.95 per day for children under 10? You can use the two meals per day anyway you choose, breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner, breakfast and dinner. Whatever works best for your child. And you can save your child's meals up if you choose and just have them eat off your plate if they aren't very hungry. They do usually enforce that children must order off the children's menu and not off the adult menu.

Signature means that it will take 2 of your table service credits to dine at that particular location. As for identifying the Signature restaurants if you look at the link cooknthyme posted above it has a handy chart that shows which restaurants are considered "Signature". But here is the breakdown nonetheless:

Jiko - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    California Grill - Contemporary
    Flying Fish Cafe - Boardwalk & Villas
    Citricos - Grand Floridian
    Narcoosee's - Grand Floridian
    Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge
    Yachtsmen Steakhouse - Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
    The Hollywood Brown Derby - Disney MGM Studios

Not "Signature" but still uses 2 dining credits:

Hoopdeedoo Musical Revue - Fort Wilderness Campground
    Mickey's Backyard BBQ - Fort Wilderness Campground
    Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show - Polynesian
    Cinderella's Royal Table - Magic Kingdom

• golly gawrrsh

I just love this place. Seriously, I don't think we (meaning mostly me) would be planning yet another trip if it wasn't for all the friendly people and helpful advice I have found on this website. The last trip was so stressful....and I near about killed myself calling Disney and searching the interent for answers...you guys are sooooo much better. And what better place to fnd other Disney freaks? Thanks you guys. ALOT!!

• golly gawrrsh

there's just one catch to all this wonderful help - you have to TAKE US WITH YOU

ok ok so you can't pack us in your suit case but you have to give us massive trip reports on your return AND include pictures.

I gave a trip report last time, but, it was kinda rushed and I couldn't figure out how to post the pictures, so, that made it kinda boring. This time, I will take really good pictures, and make my husband show me how to post them. Sorry, I can't take you all with me.....although, it'd be fun!

The dining plan gives you a total number of credits to use during your stay, based upon how many NIGHTS you have booked in your resort. Yes, everyone on the reservation MUST be on the dining plan, or else NO ONE can be on the dining plan. But you don't all have to eat meals together, and you don't all have to use your credits at the same time.

You could gorge yourselves over 2 days and use up all your credits for the week if you really wanted to. You could eat table-service meals for breakfast, lunch AND dinner on a particular day, that just means you'll have fewer table-service credits remaining. You could go on a hunger strike for a day. You won't lose that day's food. You will still have those credits remaining in your account.

• SpitSpot!

I used this http://allearsnet.com/pl/packages07a.htm before I made my adr's. Deb has links to menus as well.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• golly gawrrsh

Actually i do have a question - what happens if you are having dinner with a couple who didn't get the dining plan - does that mean that even though you did you can't use it? or do they do seporate bills one for you on the DP and one for the others who are not on it?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    Actually i do have a question - what happens if you are having dinner with a couple who didn't get the dining plan - does that mean that even though you did you can't use it? or do they do seporate bills one for you on the DP and one for the others who are not on it?
    I traveled with a family of four who were on the Dining Plan. I was not on the Dining Plan. You tell the server at the beginning of the meal how many of you are on the plan, and how many are not. They will give you separate checks.

Blog Entries

We went in September when the Dining Plan was free and loved it! I would even pay for it. One of the best parts was that we really didn't spend that much money once we got there. We had plenty of food, almost too much and had 11 snacks left on our last day!!!