Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Dream Along With Mickey- Animated Character Heads- Pictures/Video?

That was so cool! Why cant they have that here at DL? It almost looked like an animation! That is AWESOME!

• ISTC Instructor

Re: Articulated Character Heads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    That must be a joy to wear. In addition to the armature, hot costume, and overweighted head, now you get to enjoy servo motor whine. (and carry around a battery pack)

But it is pretty sweet

-dave
    Yeah, that may be uncomfortable for the performer to wear! I can imagine it getting pretty hot!

I guess I'm going to have to do yet another college program so I can get up close to those things!
    Always follow your dreams...

• Man of Logic and Reason

Re: Dream Along With Mickey- Animated Character Heads- Pictures/Video?

If someone can get a full video I would be very much appreciative. I just really want to see it in its entirety. Thanks. Also the tech is amazing. I thought I would hate it, but it is so fluid and clean. Just took my breath away. Gives the characters new life.

Re: Dream Along With Mickey- Animated Character Heads- Pictures/Video? (Merged)

That looks like it has a lot of potential. I always thought it was weird when the Parade heads weren't like this.

Re: Articulated Character Heads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    The performers control it themselves heh. It's in their fingers
    Would you look at their hands go! It seems to be in their pointer fingers... so they don't always have to move their whole hands.
    Good lord, that's a lot to keep track of. I hope they're well paid!

• Senior Minion

The animated heads are awesome and they can only get better. This is wonderful!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I don't know, I really don't like it. When Mickey and Minnie have their mouths closed they look extremely strange. I still think it's going to cost Disney extreme amounts of money to keep up the maintenance on the heads. I'm glad I never had to experience them firsthand.

Wow, we've been asking for this for so many years, but in my wildest imagination I would never have believed that they could make something so convincing, especially in its first incarnation. Mickey and the gang truly look alive.

Donald is especially expressive. But the others are amazing, too. I noticed that Mickey and Minnie are still shaking their heads when they speak, so I have a feeling the performers still have yet to break their habit of moving their heads when they talk. And, it seems like Goofy's ears could be used to help hide where his upper and lower jaws meet. But, it's an impressive accomplishment, nonetheless.

Don't you want to just hug one of them right about now?

• Quality Assured

The Sesame Street characters in the stage shows and parades at Sesame Place in PA utilize a system also built into their pointer fingers to operate the mouth part of their costumes. If Busch Gardens Inc had this technolgy, it's about time Disney fully starts using it as well.

the first Animated Character Head that i've seen was at Disneyland Paris at the Legend of the Lion King were Tmon got an Animated Head .

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gp_PjrDhFys"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/gp_PjrDhFys"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gp_PjrDhFys" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    HKDL : Done !!!

Soon to Come Hopefully...Characters that can BLINK and TALK? kinda...

I was just looking at some pics over at laughingplace and it seems like WDW has characters in shows now that have the capability to BLINK and OPEN AND CLOSE THEIR MOUTHS! I think this is REALLY cool and can add a new component to shows!

Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• "714"

Re: Soon to Come Hopefully...Characters that can BLINK and TALK? kinda...

omg! how neat! that would be nce to have at DL.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Thanks for the video Dlrp_bobazot, when did they start having Timon's face move? I don't remember if it did that or not when I saw this show in Nov 04.

I will have to check my videos now when I get home.

• in technicolor!

As if I weren't scared enough of the things already...*shudders*

I must admit that is kind of cool. The wide-eyed character that doesn't blink does sound scarier than that. Haha.

• Banned User

And that's gonna really scare little kids now.

But it's kinda cool. Kinda weird.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast