Cars Characters and Dino Ride

Ok- another couple questions for y'all: My 3 year old absolutely loves Cars and is hoping to see scale models of the characters. I know this may be a stupid question, but do they have those at WDW? If so, which park and any suggestions on the best way to see them?

And...Can anybody tell me the height requirements for the Dinosaur ride?

Re: Cars Characters and Dino Ride

Quote Originally Posted by JungleBumCT View Post
    Ok- another couple questions for y'all: My 3 year old absolutely loves Cars and is hoping to see scale models of the characters. I know this may be a stupid question, but do they have those at WDW? If so, which park and any suggestions on the best way to see them?

Lightning McQueen and Mater are part of Disney-MGM Studios' parade each afternoon. They also make sporadic appearances at that park (just like some other characters do).

Dinosaur! at Animal Kingdom has a 40" minimum height requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleBumCT View Post

Lightning McQueen and Mater make appearances at Disney-MGM Studios and also are the leads in the Stars and Motorcars Parade also at Disney-MGM Studios. There is also a full size cut out of Lightning McQueen with a Radiator Springs backdrop in the Animation Building at Disney-MGM Studios.

In regards to the Dinosaur Ride, I believe the height requirement is 48 inches.

Dinosaur! is absolutely definitely a 40" minimum ride. Check out all of the height requirements at http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/rr.htm

• Sock Puppet

i saw lightening mcqueen and mater outside of the drew cary sounds dangerous show at mgm. that was in november so i dont know if that is still where they are.

• Jambo!

Lightning McQueen and Mater tend to appear either near Lights, Motors, Action! or near Star Tours and ride over towards Sounds Dangerous where you can take pictures with them. As said, they also appear in the Stars and Motorcars Parade.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

here's a stupid question to add on to the above's....with height requirements...do they make the kids take off their shoes? My daughter is 4 and right under 39 inches. (hopefully, she'll have another growth spurt before our trip in Sept)..but, if I buy her shoes to give her added height..will they make her take them off? I don't want to sneak her on everything, just BTM and Dino. She would LOVE Dino. And I don't know when we'll make it back to DW..so, I really want her to ride.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    here's a stupid question to add on to the above's....with height requirements...do they make the kids take off their shoes? My daughter is 4 and right under 39 inches. (hopefully, she'll have another growth spurt before our trip in Sept)..but, if I buy her shoes to give her added height..will they make her take them off? I don't want to sneak her on everything, just BTM and Dino. She would LOVE Dino. And I don't know when we'll make it back to DW..so, I really want her to ride.
    No they don't have to remove their shoes. But the only advice I have for you as the mother of 2 girls...the height requirements are there for their safety. My 5 year old daughter is just tall enought for BTM but I still keep a death grip on the poor girl since I feel she could just slide right under that lap bar. She has never ridden Dinosaur though.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

yeah, I'm kinda iffy on BTM, But, Dinosaur wasn't really too bad...and she LOVEs Dinosaurs. I think she'd like it. Thanks though.

• Jambo!

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    No they don't have to remove their shoes. But the only advice I have for you as the mother of 2 girls...the height requirements are there for their safety. My 5 year old daughter is just tall enought for BTM but I still keep a death grip on the poor girl since I feel she could just slide right under that lap bar. She has never ridden Dinosaur though.
    Heck, I worry about myself flying out of BTM, but Dinosaur is usually pretty tame when it comes to hang time. It's mostly side to side shaking and a lot of darkness.

• Yes?

yeah, I'm kinda iffy on BTM, But, Dinosaur wasn't really too bad...and she LOVEs Dinosaurs. I think she'd like it. Thanks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    Heck, I worry about myself flying out of BTM, but Dinosaur is usually pretty tame when it comes to hang time. It's mostly side to side shaking and a lot of darkness.
    Geek is right about the hang time here. Dinosaur is just really shaky/jerky, loud and dark...that's why my daughter has not ridden it. She has just chosen not to, I haven't kept her from it. She loves the outside rides like BTM and Test Track. You know what's best for your own child in the long run of it...Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Last year my youngest daughter (then 4) was JUST at the height requirement.

She got onto Space Mountain, Dinosaur, Test Track, Mission Space: Orange, BTM, Splash Mountain, and Tower of Terror, but they would not let her on Everest.

When your kid is that close to the requirement, it depends on the CM checking the height.

I think I am a pretty responsible parent, and have no problem with letting her ride these rides. A lot of it also depends on the kids. My older daughter (now 8) does not like some of them. I have to bribe her to go on ToT (my youngest will go 5 times in a row). I don't pressure them if they do not want to go, and luckly they like most rides.

Oh, and when we went back in October, being tall enough to ride Everest was all my yougest would talk about on the plane down.

-dave