Advice needed: Avoiding crowds

Here's a question for the Orlando residents, or just the experts who visit regularly:

If I'm planning to visit WDW in mid-May, which days of the week are the heaviest and which are the least crowded? Or are the crowds pretty much the same?

I've heard conflicting advice; some say the weekends are the most crowded, some say Mondays are the worst because many vacationers arrive then. Any expert advice would be warmly appreciated...

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Re: Advice needed: Avoiding crowds

I can't offer help with days (as I've heard conflicting advice also), but I can offer this: Show up EARLY. You can see more before noon than the afternoon/evening hours altogether.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Couldn't agree more; I managed to ride every significant attraction in Islands of Adventure last year by 11 a.m. without a line last July. Same thing at WDW; I took advantage of the early-opening for resort guests and rode Expedition Everest at 8:10 a.m., then quickly hopped back to the Magic Kingdom before it officially opened at 9 a.m. and rode Splash and Thunder Mountain by 9:15. Thank heavens for late sleepers.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Advice needed: Avoiding crowds

One of the best ways to spend $20 before a WDW trip is a subscription at www.tourguidemike.com where all these questions will be answered in detail.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile View Post
    I can't offer help with days (as I've heard conflicting advice also), but I can offer this: Show up EARLY. You can see more before noon than the afternoon/evening hours altogether.
    This is true! However I think the opposite may be true as well when the park hours are later. My SIL was visiting around the Christmas to New Years time so it was extremely busy. At animal Kingdom once they close the side with the animals I think most people leave and you will have a very small line for Evarest.

Magic Kingdom turned out to be the same for us where at the end of the day it was certainly nt empty but the lines were much smaller and we were able to get more done.

We just started using our annual pass regularly but I think during the busy season it will be busy no matter what, ykwim? So taking advantage of the beginning and end of the day may be best. (Except with Soarin which always had a nightmare line )

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

My advice is this:

1. Never follow the crowds, there is usually another pathway open or a second line to take, like pirates.
    2. If it rains, wait 30 minutes, most will leave due to the rain and you have a slightly wet, but mostly uncrowded park to play in.
    3. The locals come out for the weekend and the Monday scenario is true. My best advice here is to check this website out.
    http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=14

The crowd calendar is the best thing I ever discovered and it has never been wrong for me. The owners of the site take a statistical approach to figuring out the heaviness of the crowds based on previous numbers and if any other factors work in like holidays etc..

**EDIT** AHH! They made it so only subscribers can see the list, bum deal. LOL It goes throughout the year though, just to bad you couldn't see the whole list.

And above all the best advice I can give you is...

Have a Magical Day.