• Yes?

Has anyone stayed at AKL Kiliminjaro Club?

I am researching the possibility of our family going to WDW during my daughter's spring break in March. The current AP special has the following available with concierge service:
    AKL- STD Room Kiliminjaro Club
    Boardwalk Inn- STD Room Innkeepers Club
    Polynesian- Garden View Room King Kamehmeah Club

My husband is really interested in concierge level and we have never stayed at Poly or Boardwalk, but have stayed at AKL and loved it. Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms and what kind of room and experience did you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

Re: Has anyone stayed at AKL Kiliminjaro Club?

I have stayed in the Concierge level at the Boardwalk and the Polynesian, but never at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The Boardwalk Concierge was okay, as there aren't many snacks available. Plus, I don't think the staff was as attentive as it should have been. The Concierge level at the Polynesian was fantastic! Lots of food available all day long and the area where you stay for Concierge is more secluded at the Polynesian than at the Boardwalk. Plus, I think the Concierge staff at the Polynesian was more helpful/attentive.
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    The Concierge level at the Polynesian was fantastic! Lots of food available all day long and the area where you stay for Concierge is more secluded at the Polynesian than at the Boardwalk. Plus, I think the Concierge staff at the Polynesian was more helpful/attentive.
    Thanks Risa! I have heard this before about the Poly. As much as I would love to stay there, the rate at AKL is so much better. We overextended ourselves a bit at GF at Christmas...but having the monorail right there is such a plus. I have read some other comments on other sites about AKL concierge level having fantastic food in large amounts but mixed reviews on the staff. Anyone else???
    am I the burrito man?

Just one word of caution ... the AKL's fifth and sixth floors (where the concierge level is located) will soon be under construction (if it hasn't already started) for conversion to DVC units.

I might call directly to the hotel and ask to be transferred to the concierge for details prior to booking.

FWIW, I have never done concierge there, but it is one of my fave resorts. I have done it at the Poly, Dolphin and WL and would say the Poly was by far the best.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Just one word of caution ... the AKL's fifth and sixth floors (where the concierge level is located) will soon be under construction (if it hasn't already started) for conversion to DVC units.

I might call directly to the hotel and ask to be transferred to the concierge for details prior to booking.
    Thanks for the info! I will definitely call first.
    am I the burrito man?

• Minion

We have stayed there twice. It is my fav hotel & CL. I have stayed @ the Poly, YC & BC CL & like AKL the best. The food & staff are great. Plus, you get the benefit of the sunrise or sunset safari available only to CL.
    Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.

• Yes?

OK...so we went ahead and booked the Kiliminjaro Club at AKL. We did call the concierge and found out that the construction has already started, but she said that they don't begin until 9:00AM and then we'd just hear a little banging around. Actually it might help get our lazy butts out of the room faster in the mornings.
    am I the burrito man?

We have stayed multiple times at the Polynesian concierge and we tried the AKL concierge and while it was nice the staff was just ok. We asked them to check on 3 things for us and we never got an answer. The food was good but not better than the new offerings at the Polynesian.

You can see info here. http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/conciergeservice.html

Also we had a suite and our room was very far from the lounge at the AKL. We love having the room be close to the lounge at the Polynesian and we use the Polynesian lounge often to relax and watch the fireworks or just the view of the Seven Seas lagoon. Not much to see from the AKL lounge. Just for the location of the Polynesian and ease of getting to the parks I would pay the extra. With all the new things at the Polynesian and in the rooms I would say go for the Polynesian. Too bad you were not going in July-August. We have a lock on a block of rooms at a group rate that is over $100 off a night for every view category except garden concierge.

Well if you do go with the AKL it will be nice but my vote is for the Polynesian.
    DL 1975-2005 30 years of visiting
    WDW 1984-2005 Over 20 years of visiting

He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    OK...so we went ahead and booked the Kiliminjaro Club at AKL. We did call the concierge and found out that the construction has already started, but she said that they don't begin until 9:00AM and then we'd just hear a little banging around. Actually it might help get our lazy butts out of the room faster in the mornings.
    I'd ask to be as far away as possible from the work.

They usually work all hours, despite what they say.

Better to be safe then awakened to hammering at 3 a.m. (yes, it has happened to me at WDW.)