best places to find info. for a wdw vacation

Hi Everyone! I am going to WDW this oct. and was wondering if anyone could direct me to some great web sites or good books that would help me on my trip. I have already booked my trip (staying in the port orleans - riverside) and would love to know how to plan my days and nights! any help would be appreciated. (also, I left a thread about transportation from the hotels to the parks a while ago and got some wonderful (and helpful) responses - just wanted to say "thanks!")

• Banned User

wdwmagic.com

Here... Here.. and Here...

That first one is also good..

what a great site, thank you! (and, yes, I know, I posted my thread on one of the best sites out there!)

• Merry 2014!

i hear passporter is a good book/planner. very detailed. ooooo. i have never been to wdw. i am just a little excited for you! ok, a lot excited!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    I visit 2 websites each day. I am presently planning a Disneyland trip and for that I have MiceChat.

I am also going to WDW in 22 days and the best website that I have found for that is wdwinfo. There isn't a better site. They cover all topics. You can ask any question and get a speedy answer.

My 2 daily stops are MiceChat and wdwinfo.

• Loves a tea party!

I've always loved The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and other Unofficial Guide books. They have detailed descriptions of each attraction along with ratings from surveyed guests grouped into age ranges.
    I think some people hate this book because of the commando-style touring it promotes, but I guess I am the type-A tourist when it comes to Disney and it helps me feel organized.
    I'd recommend it for the attraction descriptions and restaurant ratings even without the touring plans, though!

Forget the guidebooks, most are very overrated and contain inaccuracies due to their production schedule. Visit www.wdwig.com for up-to-date info on all aspects of WDW. Great site.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Two sites that I found invaluble while first researching Disney World trip were www.allearsnet.com and www.mouseplanet.com

AllEarsNet is quite comprehensive with WDW resort reveiws and trip reports of just about every single thing available to do or hotel to stay at on the property. MousePlanet is more of a news and columns site, but has a good trip planning section.

Have fun in October! You'll be there to experience Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival, which can be a lot of fun!

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

thanks for all the great options!

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Forget the guidebooks, most are very overrated and contain inaccuracies due to their production schedule. Visit www.wdwig.com for up-to-date info on all aspects of WDW. Great site.

I'm with 74 - almost ALL you EVER wanted to know about WDW can be found via WDWIG - which is also allearsnet.com. Anything not covered THERE you can find answers to by asking places like the board here, or the WDW: General or WDW: Trip planning areas of LaughingPlace.com
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Gay Man

www.mousesavers.com

Great site to get the skinny on the latest deals.

• I am Tron!

I would also recommend the "Unofficial Guide to WDW", especially for park visiting strategies. I do not agree with everything they say to the minutest detail, but it gives some indispensible general advice about how not to waste time waiting on line. It can save tons of time.

Their web site can be found at: http://www.touringplans.com/UG/