Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Your fav tips and tricks..

After a pm with another lovely Micechatter, I decided to turn this into a thread. Everyone has their favorite little tip when visiting the park or an on property hotel. Well, even though, we like to keep those tidbits to ourselves for our own secret use...let's spread the wealth of ideas with our Mice family. Any tip or trick you have, share it here...it might spark some new ideas, or just make the day or trip for a Micechatter. Here's a few of my favs...

*bring an umbrella to the park. If it's rainy, you're covered. If it doesn't it's a great shield from the sun. People have actually tried to buy ours.
    *get everyone in your family to wear the same colored shirts..that way, family members are easy to spot in a crowd.
    *we shove everything we need for a day in the park in a backpack. That way it's easy to load onto rides, and it can be shoved right under the stroller when walking. We keep a change of clothes for the little one, snacks (for the picky toddler-peanut butter crackers, beef snacks, goldfish) those little Crystal light packets for when you are sick of water, but need to stay hydrated. Make your own flavored water. And if they're too sour for you, steal a few sugar packets from a restaurant and carry those. Antibacterial wipes, you can buy the ones in the little single wipe packets now. And sunblock.
    *make sure you have a meeting spot if someone gets separated from the group. And even better, make sure the key people have cell phones. We found this was great for our last trip. Hunt people down quick. Esp. if you're standing in line and someone needs a potty break. You can let them know when you're getting close to the front.
    *and for the ladies, I fell strange without my jewelry. But, am notorious at misplacing things, so, I bought a fake diamond ring to wear in place of my wedding set for our last trip. I actually had smeone ask me and my husband if we were newlyweds cause my ring was so shiny. And to prove it works, I lost it the last day of our trip. A fake diamond is easier to replace than a real one. Cheaper too.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Your fav tips and tricks..

If you're celebrating a birthday, get a button. You never know what could happen.

• Disneyholic

Just a thought but perhaps you should break this up by categories: Dining, touring, health, etc...

Some basic ones:

• For those of us not used to the heat bring a lot of water, a camel pack (A backpack with a built in water supply you can sip though a tube) vrs a regular backpack works for me and feels less heavy than lugging bottles in with you. Bottled water is rather pricey in the park, bring your own or buy a case outside the park.
    • Break in those shoes before you come, even your favorite shoes may become your worst pair after a few days running around the parks. Pack some gel inserts and heal pads etc in case your shoes turn on you.
    • Speaking of feet, pack a small foot first aid kit containing moleskin, band aides, maybe even a dry pair of socks. Don't forget the scissors.
    • If you get ill in the parks some over the counter medication like Immodium or aspirin can be sometimes be found at guest services or information. They used to give it out for free, but I have not asked in a while.
    • If your sick, and staying on property let the hotel staff know. When my daughter was sick on a previous stay at the Polynesian the housekeeping staff arranged chicken noodle soup for free, helped us contact a drugstore to deliver medication to the hotel, and checked back with us several times throughout the day.
    • If you have a special diet due to allergies or diabetic restrictions, plan your meals ahead and let them know of your special needs when you book your priority seating. Most table service restaurants will will work with you if they know in advance, its also a great way to meet the chefs since they will often come out to discuss the menu options and alternatives with you.
    • Lost Parents - there are never lost kids at WDW only lost parents (theory is the kids will not be as upset if you tell them Mom and Dad are lost not them.) If you get separated contact any CM immediately and the word goes out over their two way radio system with a description of the child. Make sure your child has their name and contact information (your cel, the hotel you're staying at, etc) on their person. Who's Shoes is an excellent product for this - its a neon Velcro based tag that covers the shoe laces or can be worn as a bracelet. Most theme parks know of and look for devices like these when handling children who's parents have gotten lost.
    • Most importantly HAVE A PLAN! It still amazes me how many people go to WDW with no plan of what they want to see and do each day and most importantly where they will eat. With the meal plan out there you better plan ahead and book early if you want to get the most out of your trip.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I always carry a disposable camera, along with my digital one. I use the disposable one just for character photos. It is easier to just wind it, and ask someone to snap a picture of you and the character. The disposable camera also works better at character meals, then your digital camera, because other people may not know how to use yours, and therefore you end up with no picture, or a bad one. Also when I get home, all my character shots are in one place.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Pilot EdForceOne

* book your dinner reservations months in advance. Don't get upset if you can't walk up and get a table at the MK Castle! The key to WDW dining is planning!
    * don't put off food for more rides. Else you'll find yourself at 9-10pm with no much of any food options!
    * don't forget the water parks! best disney experience that has not be duplicated yet
    * Ride the resort monorail from the MK at the end of the night - it will get you to TTC just fine
    * Plan the nights you want to see fireworks or parades. Plan on staking out a seat early
    * Sit in Liberty Square to get great views of the parades in MK. Especially near the entrance to Liberty square near the hub for very close up views

• Pilot EdForceOne

* photopass is free! use it! but don't forget to take your own photos too

• May the F=ma be with you

*Wear sunscreen. Remember that you are in the Florida sun.
    *Avois the crowds and long wait for IllumiNations by standing at the top of the incline at World Show Case Plaza. Just get there 10 minutes before the show and stand directly infront of the *fake* planters.
    *After watching IllumiNations, stay at the park for a while to avoid the big rush out. If you time it just right, you will be able to watch Wishes from the Monorail on your way to the T&TC.
    *Do not forget to ride up front in the monorail. Just ask a Monorail Host and although you may miss a monorail or 2, it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    • For those of us not used to the heat bring a lot of water, a camel pack (A backpack with a built in water supply you can sip though a tube) vrs a regular backpack works for me and feels less heavy than lugging bottles in with you. Bottled water is rather pricey in the park, bring your own or buy a case outside the park.
    Camel-Bak's are God's gift to the theme park adventurer.

• Too far from Disney World

As goofy as this sounds I always bring a few extra hair bands/ties. I always wind up needing them for something or other like attaching things to my backpack, someone's breaks, holding items together, marking water bottles...I just tuck them into the pocket with bandaids and rolaids or wear them on my wrist.

Another things is pen and a small pad of paper. You never know when you might need to write something down and come back to it!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I have one tip, and I am not sure if it works because of the time of year I go (which is generally during October), but I assume it will work other times...

Whenever I enter the MK, I walk straight down Main street, and when I hit the hubs for the lands I always take a hard left to Adventure Land, and then work my around to Tomorrow land. The reason I do this is because I feel everyone in the morning heads right over to Space Mountain. So I go the other way to the lesser exciting rides, and I bang those out right away. By the time I get to Space Mountain the line is like 30-40mins.

Another tip I can offer is if you want to rent the little mini speedboats, rent them at the Polynesian hotel. I feel they are the fastest. I dont know why, but I do.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    re photopass: If you take one picture, take a hundred. One of the photopass options is a CD with all your pictures for a flat price. $99 IIRC. Thus, 3-5 photos at each location times 10 locations is the same price as 3-5 photos at 30 locations.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Monorail Racer

When it's warmer, drink plenty of water!

If you're staying at a WDW resort, try buying the souvenir mug that allows you unlimited refills during your stay at the hotel. Sodas, water, hot chocolate, coffee...it's easy to make this worth purchasing.

This is an obvious one, but it always needs to be said: Arrive early at the park!! You can get a lot of riding in the first hour or two the park is open before the lines build up in the late morning and afternoon. Beat the crowds and take a break in the afternoon if you need to rest.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Schedule your ADRs at a time you will remember, for instance we allways time it around 2 hours before a night show so that we simply eat, find a spot and enjoy the show, that way it ties in to the end of the night and you wont forget about it!

Any counter service restaurant with fountain drinks will give you a cup of ice water for free. Easier than carrying a bottle all over and nice and cold. I haven't tried this, but I read on another board that you can save money on lunches for littles ones by purchasing two pieces of bread (supposed to be $1.00 or less) and using peanut butter and jelly off the condiment bars to make a sandwich.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Aww... that's my number one tip also!!

I should have to add some more later.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast