Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Does anyone else have a problem with this?

You want to ride, you wait in line...period. SomeONE has to go to the bathroom and leaves their friend/family member/husband/wife in line for a few minutes...or a little one has to run to the bathroom with mom or dad and then comes back...hey, fine by me. I absolutely despise the "one person waits in line while 10 others comfortably wait in an air-conditioned shop and then get called over to get 'back' in line". *grumble* *grrrr*
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    You want to ride, you wait in line...period. SomeONE has to go to the bathroom and leaves their friend/family member/husband/wife in line for a few minutes...or a little one has to run to the bathroom with mom or dad and then comes back...hey, fine by me. I absolutely despise the "one person waits in line while 10 others comfortably wait in an air-conditioned shop and then get called over to get 'back' in line". *grumble* *grrrr*
    I also despise the "one person waits in line while 10 others comfortably wait in an air-conditioned shop and then get called over to get 'back' in line".

I do not, however, have a problem with the "one person joins 2 or more who are already in line" after going to a shop, the bathroom, whatever. If that one person also has a child, I'm ok it with.
    Fight On! Beat the Cardinal!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The only thing we have to shame is ... shame itself!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yes well if you are lucky they are in a place where they cannot get to the rest of the party and if you are lucky they get caught by a caring CM.

• A Ghost at Disneyland

I find I have to throw my Mickey Ears into the ring on this subject and agree with the other posters. 1 person waits in line, then 10 others join them! How would they like it if someone else did it to them? Where is their common courtesy? Where is their sense of compassion?

What is it going to take to enforce social courtesy? Will the people who were waiting patiently in line, only to be cut in front of be required to gang up on the line cutters and beat them bloody and senseless before these rude individuals learn to be polite? Maybe spray them with pepper spray? I could always scratch their ankles with my wheel chair... but that would just trigger them to have an attack of extreeme flatulance.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Im gonna have to agree with everyone else here. Last NY day my bf and I were waiting in line for Space Mtn and there was a group of college students in front of us. Just before we went into the building, another group (no exaggeration) of no less than 10 people joined them. Needless to say, a CM saw them and told them they needed to wait in line like everyone else. I loved him.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• A Ghost at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Im gonna have to agree with everyone else here. Last NY day my bf and I were waiting in line for Space Mtn and there was a group of college students in front of us. Just before we went into the building, another group (no exaggeration) of no less than 10 people joined them. Needless to say, a CM saw them and told them they needed to wait in line like everyone else. I loved him.
    Isn't that just the sweetest justice when that happens!!!! I'm so glad you shared that!!!

I hate that so bad. I always get people trying to cut infront of me to get to their group. I never let them pass. My wife and I will stand directly in the way when we see them coming and look away... The only way I would let them back in is if I saw them leaving the line for a second, go to the restroom kind of thing.

This is kind of harsh so if you don't like it don't read.

I gotten in arguments with a few hispanics before while the whole family of 20 people cut in line. I never saw them even meet up with another family member or friend when they cut, they just kept going till they got to the ride operator and got on... I really wish I could cuss in the parks. I would have so more to say to em. Shisssh like that should be IMMEDIATE evacuation from the park and a revoke of their ticket. If one person screws up, they screw the whole group.
    My 2 cents

• Monorail Racer

I hate when this happens. Highly annoying. Like most others, I can understand when it's one person or a small child is involved. When there are seven of your friends running up to join you at the front of the line, that's crossing the line.

Don't be too hard on the CMs though. Sometimes it can be terribly frustrating trying to enforce rules when you know you'll probably be undercut by a manager. Let's say the CM tells the group to leave the line. Then they go and complain and throw a fit about how they had this problem or that problem, some other CMs TOLD them they could do it, etc. The sup puts them right back at the front of the line, gives them a stack of FastPasses, free character breakfast, etc. So you've gotten into a confrontation and the rude people were rewarded and you were made to look a fool.

I can't tell you how many times I would try to enforce a safety issue working Monorails and somebody would throw a fit and refuse to comply. Here comes the sup to let them do the thing they're not supposed to be doing. It's easier to let them go and be happy. So when this kind of stuff happens a few times, you don't necessarily want to put so much effort into enforcing the policy.

Another example is the list of "scammers" that we had - guests who complained vehemently every time they showed up at WDW. Mostly just knowing that if they bitched enough, they'd get hotel rooms comped, tickets comped or comped character meals, etc. They had a list of the worst offenders in this category. As in, they weren't supposed to be comped anything. Yet, one of them would show up and pull some story that you knew was BS, but a sup would just want them to go away (and go away without making the sup a part of their complaint), so he'd comp it anyway.

Undercutting CMs trying to enforce rules and policies can be terribly frustrating to the front-line CMs and when that happens enough, you're going to have days where you just can't deal with getting into another confrontation with somebody over the whole line issue. Doesn't make it right. Just that sometimes there are reasons behind some of these things besides just complete apathy (though there are those people as well).
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

If you get out of line for any reason, you should be made to wait in line again. Once you remove yourself from the line, you are lose yyour place. I don't care if it's an adult child or whatever.

fast Pass also needs to go away. You go to a theme park, you have to wait in line. Period.

A person that skips in line is just that...a person who does not respect those who wait for a turn. Please let us not generalize because of race. Also...I feel for the CM's that have to make judgement calls as to what is right or wrong. It can not be easy in a situation when you have no idea how those being ruled are going to react. Plus...what protection do they have if the situation turns ugly on them? I find it difficult to remain calm sometimes, but in the situation of being in a family setting...it may be simply easier to let it go...then start something hostile that one would find on the 'street.'

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster View Post
    Another example is the list of "scammers" that we had - guests who complained vehemently every time they showed up at WDW. Mostly just knowing that if they bitched enough, they'd get hotel rooms comped, tickets comped or comped character meals, etc. They had a list of the worst offenders in this category. As in, they weren't supposed to be comped anything. Yet, one of them would show up and pull some story that you knew was BS, but a sup would just want them to go away (and go away without making the sup a part of their complaint), so he'd comp it anyway.
    Of course, sometimes, if the offense is bad enough, bitching just a tiny bit is good for cool comps. When we checked into our room at the Polynesian last year, we found a room that had not yet been cleaned since the last guest left. There were dirty trashcans, unkempt beds, used towels, etc. We called immediately and asked to be taken to another room and they made us trek down to the front desk to find another room. We bitched, not so much about the room, but about the fact that we had to drag all our crap back to the front desk rather than having them just send someone up to show us to a clean room. We'd gotten up at 4 am to get there, and we were ready to do a face plant into the bed even though it was about 3 pm. We got super park hoppers for one day for the whole family. That was even better than getting a night comped.
    Fight On! Beat the Cardinal!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The only thing we have to shame is ... shame itself!

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Guy in line trying to shove forward through the BTMRR line - "Excuse me!"
    My buddy Jeff - "Why? Did YOU FART?"
    Guy in line trying to shove forward "I'm trying to get up there" (pointing up the stairs)
    Jeff - "So are we, and so are all the people you just shoved past"

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    Guy in line trying to shove forward through the BTMRR line - "Excuse me!"
    My buddy Jeff - "Why? Did YOU FART?"
    Guy in line trying to shove forward "I'm trying to get up there" (pointing up the stairs)
    Jeff - "So are we, and so are all the people you just shoved past"
    Jeff's are so funny
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Of course, sometimes, if the offense is bad enough, bitching just a tiny bit is good for cool comps.

You said the key point right there. This advice applies just about everywhere.

1) If something is wrong, let someone know.

2) Let them know you are upset.

3) Do it nicely - don't insult the person - very often they are not the one who caused your problem in the first place, they are the one who is trying to fix it.

Very often you well get some sort of "compensation" for your troubles, Be civil and you may get some nice comps. Scream and yell and you well get a free room next to the generator shed.

-dave

• KING OF CABMF'S

I just hate ppl skipping us altogether. sometimes ppl skip others and just stop behind a group that they dont know and everyone else who that group pretends to be with is like what are u doing?? and they are like we were here before. I hate ppl like that! i hope they get caught and are thrown out forever!!!!
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast