Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• If We Can Dream It...

Angry Does anyone else have a problem with this?

This is a rant, I'm just warning you now.

I've finally managed to get another trip to WDW booked for May and while going through my Unofficial Guide (a book I need to stop buying seeing as how much I go) they discuss the technique of having part of your party wait in line and the rest of your party wandering around,hanging out,etc., and then joining you later in line (hail mary pass). I find this technique highly irritating and rude, does anyone else?

I think if your group wants to ride for instance, Winnie the Pooh, your WHOLE group should wait. On my last trip, a group of 5-6 people (all of whom had to be at least 16 yrs +) decided to cut thru Pooh's line to get to some person way up in front. If a problem occurs while waiting for a ride either A) the whole group needs to exit and line up again later or B) the person(s) with the problem need to exit and line up again later.

I appologize if this highly offends anyone but, I have a major problem with it and wish people would stop doing it. Anyone care to comment?
    - Horizonsfan

Re: Does anyone else have a problem with this?

I wouldn't like this at all. I mean if it was a group of maybe one to three people i could take it, but if there was a huge group that cut in line to get to someone they knew then i would be furious. Why should they not get to wait in line and then ride before me, who has been waiting god knows how long to ride a certain attraction.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

no, it's rude. Although, we did do something similar. Me and my toddler daughter cut in line to meet a friend waiting in line to meet Minnie Mouse. But, we actually had no intention of doing so....my friend talked us into it, cause she was to much of a wim to meet Minnie by herself. haha

• If We Can Dream It...

I'm a little bit more understanding of kids under the age of 2 but, even then I'm not wild about it. (Maybe its because it's never just a parent and a little kid, it's always a parent and a 2,5, & 10 year old trying to re-enter.)

What's even funnier is the fact that people never seem to try to be polite about it, they always seem like you're in their way.
    - Horizonsfan

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Hail Mary Pass is supposed to just be for people with small children. The CM's are obviously not always enforcing this.

Isn't it funny, how a small amount of people can spoil things for the greater amount of people.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• If We Can Dream It...

When my group had a problem with the people in line for pooh, we tried to get the attention of a CM but, they could of cared less, not quite the response my group or me wanted. It really doesn't help the situation, it just makes other people go, "well if they can do that, then I'm going to.."

I just think the practice has gotten so out of hand and misused, it should just be discontinued.
    Last edited by horizonsfan92; 01-28-2007 at 04:03 PM.
    - Horizonsfan

• Jambo!

A good example of this is, a 3 year old needs to go to the bathroom while waiting in line for Peter Pan, so while the father or mother waits, another adult goes with said child to the bathroom and returns to the person waiting in line. That is how The Hail Mary is meant to be used (if it should be used at all). But I've had large groups of teenagers push and shove their way to a sole person "holding" a place in line, which is not ok.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

yeah, ^ that's understandable.

I'm sorry I find it 100% rude it is probably the reason for 40 % or so of why lines get weird and stuck and slow at times and fast at times. Also one person was really rude and said EXCUSE ME and cut in front of us while waiting to get into DCA for no reason she did not give an explination at all only that she had a stroller!

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    A good example of this is, a 3 year old needs to go to the bathroom while waiting in line for Peter Pan, so while the father or mother waits, another adult goes with said child to the bathroom and returns to the person waiting in line. That is how The Hail Mary is meant to be used (if it should be used at all). But I've had large groups of teenagers push and shove their way to a sole person "holding" a place in line, which is not ok.
    Totally agree here, geek! Being the mother of a 6 and 2 year old I am very understanding and have let people go into the line to the other parent who is waiting with their other child or children. To me this is totally acceptable and should be to anyone who has or has had children of this tender potty age, they just can't wait. I myself have left the line to let my husband ride with one of our daughters while I take the other to the restroom and NOT gotten back in line even though he isn't at the ride yet because I feel it is rude. But I too get really irritated by others who abuse this as I saw on Small World on my last trip. There was a large group of Hispanic/Latino(no offense meant here but they do travel in large groups most of the time) extended family in front of us, then someone from outside of the line sees them and joins with even more of this family. It was 16 people! I counted them because I was so annoyed, as were the family of 6 behind us. This is a little ridiculous!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Directly directed

I'll get out of line if theres a popcorn stand nearby calling my name...but that's only if I'm not in the inside queue. Then it's just rude.

• Why can't you tune a fish

I think thats just rude. IF a person is on line, leaves shortly, and comes back I do not have a problem with that. For example an adult with childern. Heck if there are a bunch of adults in front of me, and they all have been waiting and one runs off quickly and comes back, thats fine.

You can usualy tell when a person has run off to "answer the call" as opposed to having one person wait in line while a group of 5 wanders around and then at the last minute they converge.

Even worse is when the person in front of you calls the people on his or her cell phone to let them know that its allmost time to get on the ride.

-dave

I am with you...don't be sorry for ranting...you want to ride...wait in line. Fastpass has a place...but that is annoying also. WDW should not be a place filled with hostile thought's, but I can see being a bit on edge while watching those 'skip' ahead of me while they were out and about getting there Dole-Whip on.

• I was deleted.

I've encountered that a often as well. Sadly, it happens all too much. I think the fact that it's printed in that book doesn't help much either. Know what else is in that book? How to make your kid appear taller to get them on the rides that aren't safe enough for them to ride. What parent would want to do that?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I really don't mind if its someones significant other and just one person. I do mind it if its more then that.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast