Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pop century?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: pop century?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    so, can you request to stay in specifc places? Are they broken up by genre? Sounds SO cute!!! Are the rooms decorated to go with the year you staying in or are they all the same?
    You can ask, and if a room is available the CM's will move you. As far as I know, the rooms are all the same as far as decor goes. Maybe that picture they have hanging up is different, I can't reacall. The oustide theming is different. There are big "objects" from each eara (cell phone, rubiks cube, etc) and various sayings across the top of each building.

-dave

• Jambo!

[quote=Stitchy-poo;1346979]so, can you request to stay in specifc places? Are they broken up by genre? Sounds SO cute!!! Are the rooms decorated to go with the year you staying in or are they all the same?
    quote]

Yea it's basically a couple pictures that distinguish the rooms from one another. They all have the same comforter and curtains and what not. It's most the outside with the giant objects that makes it each decade.

Blog Entries

you can request a certain location when you make your reservations. All the rooms are exactly the same on the inside except for the pictures which go along with the decade you're staying in. The outsides are themed however. The 80's has large rubix cubes, the 70's has large 8 track tapes, the 90's cell phones, etc...

There isn't really a place I could recommend, we never found the walk too much to spend the extra money on a preferred room. Let me do some searching and if I can find a map of the property I'll post it for you.

*snip*

Found it.

Last edited by kcnole; 01-30-2007 at 05:12 AM. Reason: added map

• Why can't you tune a fish

I noticed the OP said "his family" is going. I don't know if he has kids or how old there are. But, the two small pools (computer pool and bowling pool) are "regular" pools - 4 to 5 feet deep.

That little blue circle on the map just *below* (there is no compass rose on the map - wonderful) the Hippy-Dippy pool is a kiddie wading pool.

Also, over on the "left" of building A in the 70's is a water play area. Fountains shoot up out of the ground (padded pool deck type ground) at random times.

Just some more info in case you have small kids who want to swim when you get back to the room at midnight (been there - done that). You may want to try and locate your room accordingly,

-dave

Oh, and that blue square that is "above" and to the "left" of the Hippy-Dippy pool is the outside bar (adult beverages and football on TV if you need a break from the magic)

Its also a guest laundry facility, if that sort of thing matters

-dave

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I've continually heard that Pop Century has slightly better rooms, location, and bus service than the All-Star Resorts.
    That's because the Music refurbishments have only just gotten started and a lot of people haven't heard about them.

Plus the OP is interested mostly about MK and Epcot, and at the MK bus station I can tell you with factual certainty that seperate busses arrive for each of the three All-Stars.

• SpitSpot!

ragrobyn---do you suggest staying in the 70's? We're looking to be close to the buses and semi close to the food area.

I do recomend the 70's building. Close to everything, yet far enough away from the pools to be quiet. With your wish list, I would say the 70's are for you. We stayed in the Big Wheel building. That is the one closest to the buses.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Disappearing/Reappearing

you guys are SO great. Seriously...rep for all!!! Thank you SO very very much. Without Micechat, planning this vacation would be as much of a headache as the last one. Thank s again.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    It's fully functioning as designed, it just won't go below around 73 degrees or something which to me is too warm. It says that its going lower, but it really doesn't. It's not so hot you're sweating, but it isn't as comfortable as I liked.
    Try Living in florida, it gets warm here. hence the name rainy... oh wait, that's just hurricane season. where is the general nickname... oh here it is... sunshine state. IT GETS WARM IN FLORIDA, one reason it is not crowded in florida during the summer, dang northern tourists, gettin' too hot for them... i love ya!
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Nutty about Disney parks

Are they still gonna build the Legendary Years area of Pop Century?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Are they still gonna build the Legendary Years area of Pop Century?
    There is ongoing debate. The current rumor is that the rest will be completed as the new family suites, but when the demand warrants it.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Blog Entries

Try Living in florida
    I do.

• Banned User

we stayed at pop century once in the 50's section and for a hotel it was nice. but I got the feeling I was staying at an old howard johnson or one of those motor lodges. We had three people with us and the room was cramped. but that was just me. If I were staying for a couple of nights, I would stay at a value resort more than that I would stay at a moderate.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I just booked Pop Century for the first week in March. It will be my first time in anything but a deluxe :o

Lowest I've stayed in is Shades of Green, which is probably a respectable moderate.

So we'll see what its like. I travel for business a ton, so I have some relative experience. At only $119/night for the 'preferred room' which means closest buildings to pool/lobby its not that bad a price. It's only 3 nights

• Pilot EdForceOne

nope. Not really wanting to stay there. See, we're not looking for luxury or anything like that. Me and my husband are big kids. We want color, themes, fun stuff. That's why the value resorts really fit us. I wouldn't mind spending a little more if we wanted luxury or something...but, the Value resorts just look like such fun!
    I would really consider Shades of Green! It's very convient and a very respectable setup. It is not disney-ish everywhere, but compariable to a nice Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn Select. I think we paid $109/night last year.

If you don't stay there, at least buy your park tickets from the military rates. You can buy them right there in the hotel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12