Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pop century?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

pop century?

hello all!! Well, me and my family are planning another trip to Disney World. And this time, we'd like to stay on property. Last time, I had reservations at Movies...but, we got such a good deal for a condo through the military, we went with that. This time...we're going all out...and staying on property. But, while going all out, we would rather stick to the Value resorts, since our time will not be spent in hotel but, in the parks...we'll just be there to sleep and maybe play in the pool if the weather permits. I have heard lots of good things about Pop Century....like it has it's own bus, so, no waiting to be dropped off. I would love to hear anything else you guys have to say...including is it worth it to get a preferred room? Thanks guys. God bless, SP

• Jambo!

Re: pop century?

First off, I can never say enough how much I prefer the Pop Century to the other value resorts. The bus stop is great, though it can get a bit crowded. It has a very central location compared to the All Stars. But preferred rooms aren't anything special, they are basically standard rooms that are near the food court and pool. But if you are going value, I believe Pop is the way to go.

• Why can't you tune a fish

I have stayed at POP 4 times. Yes it has its own bus, but still expect to wait - especially at park close.

Also, just like the other value resorts, you bus stop will be all the way at the end. As you walk by the stops for all the other resorts as you are leaving the park, saying to yourself "man I wish I was going there instead"

However ... It is a room. It's clean, its comfortable, its affordable, and it is the best of the value choices.

If you have eldery or handicapped people in your party, then the preferred may be worth it (closer to the food court, buses, or pool) otherwise its just a closer room.

-dave

Since you are in the military, have you thought about staying at Shades of Green? It's like a deluxe resort at value resort prices (depending on your rank.) We've stayed there a couple of time and loved it.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    I have heard lots of good things about Pop Century
    Pop Century seems like a nice hotel to stay at, sad thing is though im an AP, but i have never been there. if u would consider this, try looking up port orleans, they have a really great deal for the incredible resort. Im not so sure about the value resorts, but from what i have seen there, they are worth the money have fun at disneyworld
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Vehicle rotating backward

Music is in the process of being refurbished. I'm hear right now and have heard talk about Jazz Inn already having finished rooms. If your trip is not in the next three months or so, I'd go with Music. After all, when you're talking about budget accomodations, new furnishings see less wear and abuse than older furnishings.

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Pop last spring and had nothing but good experiences there. The buses flowed and there were no issues getting from the Pop to any of our destinations. Our only concern was the amount of traffic returning at the end of the day.

We stayed in the 50's area. The rooms are small, but comfortable. We stayed on the outer perimeter, which basically faced the parking. I was concerned about the amount of traffic we'd hear, but there were no issues there, either.

The food was good, too. It was a trek to get to the common area.

Our last two days, we decided to rent a car (my cousin knew "people") so we can accelerate our day.

I would definitely return to Pop.

Blog Entries

I've stayed there 3 times now. Heck one of those times was a time when we weren't even going to WDW but just wanted to stay on property so we could get a little bit of the magic.

It's a fun resort. The rooms are clean, but small, and during the summer occassionally hot since the AC doesn't seem to get real cold like I like it. However the theming is nice for the price you're paying (especially at Florida discount rates). The buses were adequate and I never had any complaints. I think it will fit you nicely, but no I don't think its worth it for the preferred rooms unless you just don't want to walk at all. You don't get a better view or anything special other than just being closer to the food court and buses.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    The rooms are clean, but small, and during the summer occassionally hot since the AC doesn't seem to get real cold like I like it.
    Uhoh....seriously? A modern vacation destination like Disneyworld doesn't have fully functioning air conditioning? Usually hotels have ACs that pump out the cold air like crazy! I'm going in August, and this does not bode well for me! haha
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Blog Entries

Uhoh....seriously? A modern vacation destination like Disneyworld doesn't have fully functioning air conditioning? Usually hotels have ACs that pump out the cold air like crazy! I'm going in August, and this does not bode well for me! haha
    It's fully functioning as designed, it just won't go below around 73 degrees or something which to me is too warm. It says that its going lower, but it really doesn't. It's not so hot you're sweating, but it isn't as comfortable as I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    It's fully functioning as designed, it just won't go below around 73 degrees or something which to me is too warm. It says that its going lower, but it really doesn't. It's not so hot you're sweating, but it isn't as comfortable as I liked.
    73 degrees ! That is cold. We live in AZ and the temp in our house during the summer is a constant 78. It is perfectly comfortable, and I'm one who likes it cool. If it were 73 I would definitely need a blanket. So I guess for the OP, the temp is relative. It sounds like it cools the room just fine, but not to the point that you are cold.

Blog Entries

I just found that after a long day that the only way I could get cool was to take a cold shower. Otherwise I was still warm. I'll also say I normally keep my house at 73 and that temperature didn't feel like 73 to me, more like 78 which is too warm for me.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Music is in the process of being refurbished. I'm hear right now and have heard talk about Jazz Inn already having finished rooms. If your trip is not in the next three months or so, I'd go with Music. After all, when you're talking about budget accomodations, new furnishings see less wear and abuse than older furnishings.
    I've continually heard that Pop Century has slightly better rooms, location, and bus service than the All-Star Resorts.

• SpitSpot!

We stayed at Pop over Christmas break and have nothing but good things to say. The staff was fabulous, the rooms were clean, buses were great. We stayed in the 70's building. Apart from the garish colour, the location couldn't be beat. No noise from the pool, close to the main building, close to buses. Don't spend the extra dough on a prefered room. It just isn't special enough.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Disappearing/Reappearing

so, can you request to stay in specifc places? Are they broken up by genre? Sounds SO cute!!! Are the rooms decorated to go with the year you staying in or are they all the same?

ragrobyn---do you suggest staying in the 70's? We're looking to be close to the buses and semi close to the food area.

Since you are in the military, have you thought about staying at Shades of Green?
    nope. Not really wanting to stay there. See, we're not looking for luxury or anything like that. Me and my husband are big kids. We want color, themes, fun stuff. That's why the value resorts really fit us. I wouldn't mind spending a little more if we wanted luxury or something...but, the Value resorts just look like such fun! Fits us perfectly. Plus, with a toddler...just seems right. If I'm gonna stay on Disney property, I want it to be fun, I wanna feel the magic all the time. and I don't think Hawaiin themes, or Grandiose would do that for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast