Night Entertainment and Restaurant Reservation Questions!!!

Hey everyone. In a couple of weeks now, I'll be making reservations for restaurants for my FIRST trip to Disneyworld ever. I was wondering if I could ask you guys for some help with booking the best times.

For Epcot, we'll be eating at the Canada Steakhouse and I was wondering, how early should we make the reservation so that we can still get a good spot after in order to see Illuminations?

Also for Illuminations, how much time should I plan on waiting for a decent seat and where are the best places to watch the show?

At the Magic Kingdom, how long should I expect to wait for Wishes? I'll be eating at the Liberty Tree Tavern so I'm not sure exactly how early I need to make those reservations. Keep in mind also all this is happening in August. August 5 - 11 to be exact.

Also, how long does it take to get from Animal Kingdom to AK Lodge?

You guys have already been SO helpful to me. Thanks SOO MUCH =D
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Re: Night Entertainment and Restaurant Reservation Questions!!!

In Epcot I would say eat no later then 7, 6 if you want the "prime spots" up against the rail by the fountains, but if you dont mind being a row or two back 7.

MK-Depends on weither or not there is a earlier Spectro, if there is people will litterally just pivot after the parade is done in the hub into the good spots, also if you are at LTT realize that is on the parade route and by the time the parade clears there people would have allready steaked out the good spots.

AKL to AK-no idea.

• xmanmom

I am unsure of the dining times but to get to AKL from AK, depending on when you are able to catch the bus, it could take as little as 10 minutes if there is a bus waiting when you exit the park and as much as 20 if you have to wait for the next bus to come around.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    In Epcot I would say eat no later then 7, 6 if you want the "prime spots" up against the rail by the fountains, but if you dont mind being a row or two back 7.

MK-Depends on weither or not there is a earlier Spectro, if there is people will litterally just pivot after the parade is done in the hub into the good spots, also if you are at LTT realize that is on the parade route and by the time the parade clears there people would have allready steaked out the good spots.

AKL to AK-no idea.

This time of the year - I would say 6 is too early. I have been at the rail as late as an hour before the show.

Heck, when I was down in October during Food and Wine we had rail spots right by the entrance to the World Showcase and we got them 90 minutes before the show.

There is no really "bad" spot to see the show. Just check to make sure trees are not in your way. I like Norway myself, and if you can get into the Rose and Crown at the right time, well thats just choice.

Italy is good too.

-dave