Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Something my husband and I commented on when we were their last, we thought that another African country should be represented as Morocco doesn't seem to wholly represent the continent. The World Showcase has always been the best part of my visits to WDW.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    If my memory serves me right.. This was long before Sony had movie rights..... they were talking with the original Japan owners....

(Never happened due to money... sponsors not found... and the fact at one time it was going to be Mt. Fugi... and Fugi film wanted to sponsor it.. and kodak said "hell No")
    Sony only has distribution rights to every Godzilla film made after 1992(totaling around 11) and some of the 60's and 70's films. Miramax owns Godzilla vs. Biollante(where the monster king fights a giant plant monster created with his DNA combined with the soul of the scientist's daughter that died in an accident and a rosebush.)
    Classic Media owns some more of the older films of the 60's and Universal has Kong VS Godzilla. The other ones are up in the air.
    Toho completely owns Godzilla and the monster king is currently on hiatus after Godzilla Final Wars was made.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44
    Something my husband and I commented on when we were their last, we thought that another African country should be represented as Morocco doesn't seem to wholly represent the continent. The World Showcase has always been the best part of my visits to WDW.
    I think that Australia and South America would have more to complain about there then Africa
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

i agree that world showcase is wonderful and peaceful to see and visit, but i think it is so important to see it in the first day or two of your visit to WDW. if you wait till the end your so run down and tired from the other three parks, plus the other part of epcot, that you run through it and don't get the true passion it can give off!
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by disney24/7
    i agree that world showcase is wonderful and peaceful to see and visit, but i think it is so important to see it in the first day or two of your visit to WDW. if you wait till the end your so run down and tired from the other three parks, plus the other part of epcot, that you run through it and don't get the true passion it can give off!
    I totally agree. Especially if you are traveling with children.

I reccomend:

Day 1---World Showcase
    Day 2---Disney Studios
    Day 3---Future World/ World Showcase review
    Day 4---Magic Kingdom
    Day 5---Animal Kingdom
    Day 6---Magic Kingdom review/Studios review

Sprinkle in DTD and waterparks and other recreation to flavor the above.

thats pretty close to what i do but when we go for christmas we try to go to mickey's merry christmas night on the first night after illuminations , its open much later.
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• Banned User

I would love to see Austrailia... (South America could be spakled into AK as a continent... such as how Afirca is..)

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I would love to see Austrailia... (South America could be spakled into AK as a continent... such as how Afirca is..)
    You know, I think Australia would make a great land in AK. Kangaroos, Dingos, et al.....maybe even a Great Barrier Reef Submarine Voyage.

• Minion

When I was in Epcot in 1992, they were actively marketing three new pavillions. I remember seeing the t-shirts and everything for Russia, Spain and I forget the third one. Not sure why they didn't happen, but there is obviously space for at least 3 more. New countries would be a great asset to the park. Still, I'm looking forward to the (rumored) flume ride in Canada and the new movie for Soarin' (for Epcot's 25th anniversary).

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    If my memory serves me right.. This was long before Sony had movie rights..... they were talking with the original Japan owners....

(Never happened due to money... sponsors not found... and the fact at one time it was going to be Mt. Fugi... and Fugi film wanted to sponsor it.. and kodak said "hell No")
    He is correct. In the middle of this trip you'd encounter Godzilla.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    I think that Australia and South America would have more to complain about there then Africa

Didn't think abou that...South America would be so cool!

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    He is correct. In the middle of this trip you'd encounter Godzilla.

Wow! I stand corrected!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

There's actually pads for five potential new World Showcase additions. Those have been there from Day 1. Conceivably they could figure a way to add more. At one point (many, many years ago) there was talk of a second ring of countries, but I believe the Epcot Resort area and the building of Buena Vista Drive have made that impossible.

But since nothing has been added since 1988, I wouldn't worry about them running out of space.

BTW, just for discussion purposes WDI has in the past designed pavilions for Costa Rica, Equitorial Africa, Iran (yes, this was in the late 70s before the Shah was deposed), Israel, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and Venezuela. I think there may be 1-2 others I'm leaving out, but those are the ones I know of off the top of my head.

• Uber Disney freak! ºOº

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    Yes, Mt Fuji(which is now being built with some changes as Expedition Everest), was thought to be built at the Japan Pavillion in World Showcase. The problem was that Japan was not too keen on having their sacred Mt. being used as a American Tourist Attraction and the only company that was willing to sponsor it was Fuji Film---and that would have made for an interesting Kodak Photo Spot ...
    The thing I find funny is that using Mt. Fuji in a theme park would be disrespectful, yet having Fuji FILM is a-ok. ugh - I just don't get it.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast