Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Lightbulb A World Showcase Never Built...

I was reading on various websites that there had been plans for pavillions for Spain, Switzerland, Equatorial Africa, Palestine(Israel), Russia and Venezuela. Etc.

What I don't understand is why some of these countries where not added as they would have been popular additions. The pavillions that I personally would like to see is Spain and two additions never thought of would be Australia and Greece.

Spain - They already have such a presence in the society of world. Heck if weren't for them, Florida would not have been discovered and that would equal no Disney World. I could see there being restaurants serving Tapas, paella, wines all while watching Flamenco shows. SHop selling Lladro porcleain and other Spanish things. There could be a new Circle-Vision show viewing the various areas of Spain (Valencia, Basque Nation, Andalucia, Madrid, etc) hosted by someone famous (Penélope Cruz, Antonio Banderas, Pedro Almodóvar, etc..). There could be some small festival at the pavillion like a tunning of the bulls or tomato festival...I know crazy.

Australia - Have the surf culture being seen to the guests who don't know it all. Shops selling surf items and sections of the pavillion dedicated to the Aboriginal areas. Didgreedoos and Boomerangs. Heck, Epcot could finally get a 'Matterhorn' style ride based on Ayres Rock and it changes color at night.

Greece - You could have a replica of the Parthenon, and the dancing and food. Etc.

Any suggestion, comments? Maybe you want a country represented discussed or not discussed.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood

Spain - They already have such a presence in the society of world. Heck if weren't for them, Florida would not have been discovered and that would equal no Disney World.
    Are you suggesting that this swamp-like penisula materialized just because the Spanish came?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

i think new countries would be great but i wonder if they will have to remove any pre existing countries or if they can fit then in somewhere.
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• Mostly Harmless.

OK seriously there are spots for Spain and one more country I believe. From what I have been told is that they require a grant or something from the country that is being represented.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

• Banned User

Where that Railroad model thing in Germany is would be removed to give room for a new country if i remember... or build it where Africa was suppose to go.. where the outpost is.. (No Matterhorn type ride.. Everest took care of it..)

I would like to see the 2 rides come to Epcot that never came.. Meet the world (Japan.) & that Rhine River Ride in Germany (the Fest house is the queue.. behind is the show building..)

Then see new counties.. or new countries then those rides... World showcase needs more.. (heck.. the last two visits i never went into world showcase.. which is kind of sad.)

(They require a sponsor.. either a country or a cooperation from the country..)

• Mostly Harmless.

Sponser thats the word I was searching for!

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    .. Meet the world (Japan.)

I think that is a good idea, and I am sure that the designers and management at Tokyo Disneyland still have all the ride components, because I doubt they would be wasteful to throw such a ride away, because it was always somewhat popular to the Japanese, but it's like the Carousel of Progress. Americans aren't that interested in going to watch a show about American life told by audio-animatronics, and I'm sure that Japanese people saw it the same way too. Not that I'm trying to say I hate Japan or America, but I'm wondering if people would want to see it.
    Last edited by pancakesaregood; 05-28-2005 at 08:14 PM. Reason: forgot the other quote

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I've read for a few years now that if Spain were to happen it would be in the lot inbetween Japan and Morocco. Adding to that speculation is that it is the area where Spain has set up its Food and Wine exhibit at the Festival the past couple of years.

• Minion

Also in consideration for the Japan pavillion at one time was a Godzilla thrill ride. Now that would be frickin' awesome!
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

They do need to add more countries or add to the countries that they already have. Another possiblity is adding more countries to the side or behind the world showcase if room permits. For example, they have the side entrance into the world showcase. They continue that river into another lake and build more countries around that lake. The same can happen on the other side of the park. Then they can connect the two side lakes by a river and another lake behind the park, where they once again can create more countries. Also if they make more lakes the pavillions can be much bigger. The countries that I think they should add are Spain, Greece, Australia, Russia, and India.

• Minion

ORDDU: What they ALSO need to add--are attractions for each country--something that was also in the original plans. But I think we all know by now, ducklings, that current management simply doesn't want to spend the money the way they should. They keep hoping for the best and--as long as the general population keeps returning for new things, such as SOARIN', there won't be any reason for management to feel the need to do anything truly spectacular. It's a shame.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi
    Also in consideration for the Japan pavillion at one time was a Godzilla thrill ride. Now that would be frickin' awesome!
    If memory serves, Godzilla belongs to Sony. So..... there's a flag on the play! 5 YARD PENALTY FOR MISINFORMATION. SECOND DOWN.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox
    If memory serves, Godzilla belongs to Sony. So..... there's a flag on the play! 5 YARD PENALTY FOR MISINFORMATION. SECOND DOWN.
    If my memory serves me right.. This was long before Sony had movie rights..... they were talking with the original Japan owners....

(Never happened due to money... sponsors not found... and the fact at one time it was going to be Mt. Fugi... and Fugi film wanted to sponsor it.. and kodak said "hell No")

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986

(Never happened due to money... sponsors not found... and the fact at one time it was going to be Mt. Fugi... and Fugi film wanted to sponsor it.. and kodak said "hell No")
    Yes, Mt Fuji(which is now being built with some changes as Expedition Everest), was thought to be built at the Japan Pavillion in World Showcase. The problem was that Japan was not too keen on having their sacred Mt. being used as a American Tourist Attraction and the only company that was willing to sponsor it was Fuji Film---and that would have made for an interesting Kodak Photo Spot ...
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

you know another problem with adding a new world is the length of time it already takes to see all of epcot is so great, that even one more attraction would really make epcot much more exhausting. imo
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast