• Minion

Baldy & the Beast

ORDDU: Well, I must say!! When a witch goes to a Disney theme park, ducklings, she never knows just what she'll see!! Case in point, this past Saturday--on Memorial Day Weekend--my sisters and I went to Disney M-G-M Studios and dropped in to watch yet another showing of BEAUTY & THE BEAST.

ORWEN: Everything was going along just fine--until Belle lost her HAIR of all things--toward the end of her performance on stage!!!

ORGOCH: Serves her right fer bein' a phony an' wearin' a wig in the first place! What's wrong with her OWN dang hair?

ORWEN: Well, I felt sorry for the girl, myself. There she was--dancing with the Prince--right after he'd left his beastly self behind. Then--during one quick turn--Belle's lovely locks went soaring through the air, only to fall flat on the stage.

ORDDU: Fortunately, one of the male dancers came up behind her and quickly snatched up the wig--before wrapping both Belle and her prince up in that table cloth they always wrap them in, and then rushing the couple up the stairs and off stage--where they become quick change artists into their royal garb.

ORWEN: The audience was well-aware of what was going on, of course, and laughed uproariously at poor Belle's predicament. Since she was wearing a hooded cape, at the time, she quickly lifted it to cover--not only her baldness--but her entire FACE!!

ORDDU: And when she finanally came back on stage--in her gold gown--one could tell she was fighting embarassment. The poor dear.

ORGOCH: Next time she oughtta use SUPER glue ta keep her hair in place! That, er start usin' her OWN dang do fer a change!!

ORWEN: (sigh) I guess even fairy tale personalities have their embarrassing moments.

ORDDU: I wonder if anyone was filming what happened so that it will eventually end up on AMERICA's FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS???????

• Former Epcot CM

Wow!

My nan usually cries her heart out at the show, that would have lifted her up!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Never underestimate the value of a couple of hairpins...! Thanks for the laugh, Witches!

I heard the same thing happened to Michael Eisner a few years ago (seriously).
    Maybe that's why he dropped the rug!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    I heard the same thing happened to Michael Eisner a few years ago (seriously).
    Maybe that's why he dropped the rug!

• Minion

ORWEN: Hmmm...I never knew Mr. Eisner tried to play the part of Belle before. But, then, he was always such a 'drag', don't you think?

I'm not sure he ever tried to play the part of Belle, but considering his micro-managing it's possible.

In all seriousness, he was giving a speech somewhere in the late 90s when the 'hair today, in the air tomorrow' deal hit. The rug flew off, like well ... a witch on her broomstick, and soon after ME went with the natural look. 100 percent true!