Thread: Pin Trading

• Theme song guy

Pin Trading

I am going to Walt Disney World next week with some friends, and I was wondering where the best places to pin trade are. I know at Disneyland they have pin trading hours at certain locations, does WDW have anything like that?
    It's like i'm talking to a monkey, a really really big stupid monkey named Kronk.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Pin Trading

The best place for pin trading in by the pin Traders shop at Downtown Disney. In the evening there are usually pin traders there to show off their collections and to make trades. In the parks, cast members have lanyards that they will be willing to trade pins off of, and I beleive they have on select nigghts pin trading at certain hotels on property. They stopped this for a while but I beleive it recently has started again at Pop Century. Perhaps someone who lives near WDW can confirm, but definitely the Downtown Disney area and the cast members would be the first 2 places to go for pins. Also, in the Central Plaza at EPCOT, there is a pin station that has tables to trade. I don't know how often it is used nowadays, but there is another option. Essentially, any park has one central pin store, which is the best place to look for traders. Magic Kingdom is in the Exhibition Hall on Main Street or in Frontierland, EPCOT has the plaza store, The Studios has the hat, and Animal Kingdom has the main store on the left (not sure of the name.) These are your best bets, but it never hurts to ask a cast member either.

Hope this helps a little. Happy trading!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I personally have always found the Frontierland Trading Post to be the best. I don't know why, but they just always seemed to have the neatest and/or most unusual pins, aka...the ones I want!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I agree. And I think it is because no one knows it is there. I also have had luck with the cart in the Animal Kingdom.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm not into pin trading, but I have to share this story...

A couple weekends ago, my folks & I were at DTD. My dad & I went to Goofy's Candy Co (I had a mad craving for their licorice wheels) while my mom had to find a bathroom & said she'd meet us there. When she came wandering up she told me when she came out of the bathroom & went by the pin store, a guy waved her over. He noticed the sparkly rhinestone Mickey ears pin she had on her jacket and asked if she wanted to trade. He was willing to give her any pin(s) she wanted in the book he had. She turned him down flat. So he asked where she got the pin and she told him, "At the Disney Store about 15-20 years ago."

I have a pin just like hers... I should wear it to the parks sometime and see what happens.

http://www.dizpins.com has a lot of info on pin trading. They have WDW scheduled pin trading information on there, info on new pin releases, and a lottttt more!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    I personally have always found the Frontierland Trading Post to be the best. I don't know why, but they just always seemed to have the neatest and/or most unusual pins, aka...the ones I want!

Cute story time ...

My kids and I were down in WDW and my 5 year old tripped over a curb. She fell flat on her knees and hands, so since she did not slide, she did not get scraped up. She claimed that because it was "the magic of Dinsey" she did not get scraped up.

Flash foward about 5 hours - in fact it was in the middle of MNSSHP now that I think about it, and we had stopped in the Frontierland Trading Post to look at pins. The place was pretty empty, so we started talking to the CMs. So my 5 year old relates this story and how "the magic of Disney healed her". one of the CM's was actualy in tears. The two CM's decided that a story that good deserved a pin, so they gave her one for free from behind the register.

It's a little Minnie Mouse one that she says she is never going to trade because it was given to her by "Disney people"

-dave

• For You!

Oh my goodness talk about the cutest thing ever! That is disney magic!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That's a cute story! I still have the pin a CM gave me several years ago as well. It was at Epcot and I was looking at the Mickey Ears of all the international flags. a CM came up and we started talking and all of a sudden he pulled a Union Jack Mickey ears pin out of his pocket (I mentioned it was my fave) and said I could have it!