New Attraction Idea (Well, sort of...)

Hey folks.

Recently I've been trying to think of new attraction ideas for a park design I've been working on. It's a ride for Tomorrowland, but could easily be adapted for Epcot as well. Its a sort of hybrid between Buzz Lightyear at MK, and Nemo at Epcot.

It's called Nemo's Undersea Journey, and basically it's an omnimover ride suspended from the ceiling on a pivot. The back story is that guests are visiting Tomorrowland's local marine observatory and they are there to test out two of the newest inventions. The first is the Bubblepod, which is the ride vehicle. The second is the hydrophone, as is currently used in Turtle Talk. However, sightseeing is not the only task, as will be explained a little later.

At this point it's much like Nemo's Undersea Adventure from Epcot, in that guests ride in an endless chain of omnimovers. However, to explain why guests seem to be in an open supply of air underwater, they first go through a Bubbler, which encases the pod in a completely invisible air bubble which is then maintained by the pod. All of this will be explained on Queue TV's and other themed story elements. Like I said, the pod is suspended like PPF, with the obligatory access path located behind the pods at all times. The pods will pivot on their axis, much like Buzz and the Haunted Mansion, except that guests will have no control over the motion, that way only one side of story elements need be built.

Here's where it goes Buzz...

Each individual pod is armed with two underwater digital cameras, or so guests think. These cameras can be aimed and shot at the different sea creatures people meet along their journey. The cameras will actually be infrared emitting devices that actually hit targets that are invisible behind the projection elements. By timing the projections exactly to where these targets are, guests can score points for the quality of picture they take. Points can range by how many fish, how many species, and what environment they take the pictures in. At the end, the guests get a total of the points they tallied up. A computer will make note of the best scoring picture from the journey and display it on an Institute Screen near the end of the attraction. This photo will be a digital rendering of the supposed picture that is determined by the code of the target that was hit.

Now this is supposed to be a new construction, but I think that Nemo at Epcot could someday be modified to use it as well. I think that instead of guns, folks should allowed to shoot with more peaceful instruments.

This is only prelim, I have a lot more figured out that I just don't have time to write now.

What do you all think?
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Re: New Attraction Idea (Well, sort of...)

That is a very clever ride. Exploration and adventure... It could even go beyond Tomorrowland or Epcot. I like it...

The part of entering the cars is where I'm confused. I've seen an endless chain of suspended omnimover (Horizons) so that's no problem. But they would have to be really big openings. But the back of the pod would approach the guest and then once entered it would turn or always be that way with the guests already facing the show scenes..

To kind of picture how it would load, just imagine the clammobiles from Nemo at Epcot, only hanging from the ceiling instead of sitting on the floor. The cars would rotate to face forward as soon as they leave the boarding area, then they would go through the Bubbler and rotate to view the various show scenes.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    What do you all think?
    ROFL very cool
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [: