Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Santa Barbara, CA

Philharmagic is underated.

No one ever talks about this AMAZING film. I saw it for the first time this week and was blown away. It is probably the BEST 3D thing the company has done. The Peter Pan sequence alone is awesome. Am I the only one that thinks it's great. Why don't they slap this into Anaheim?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Philharmagic is underated.

We loved Philharmagic when we were in FL.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• e komo mai

Being a Donald fan, I really really need to see it.
    They should bring it to Anaheim and evict HISTA.

(Yes, yes, it's not Tomorrowlandish but what the heck...)

I first saw it at Hong Kong Disneyland (don't hit Magic Kingdom a whole lot when I'm at WDW). But just 2 weeks ago I did finally see it in Florida.

I agree that it's a great film. Really almost too short. One of those attractions that you don't want to end.

Some of the computer animation on a few of the human characters is a bit painful to see...but that's a minor complaint.

It's all great and it's hard to pick a favorite scene. I too like the Peter Pan segment very much. But I also think the graphics in the Lion King segment are particularly stunning. A lot of good Donald gags going on there.

I couldn't agree more. There are few attractions that I can honestly remember wiping tears from my eyes when I exit them, this is the top of the list. Philharmagic is some of the best work to come to a Disney theme park in a long time. I am very suprised it hasn't made it's way to California yet.

Upon first experiencing it, it became my favorite attraction in Fantasyland, and one of my top five at the Magic Kingdom!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I would so like to have this in Anaheim, very underrated.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

In other threads, I've suggested putting Philharmagic in what is now the Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland.

To my way of thinking, films, such as Philharmagic, could make greater use of Disney's live-entertainment venues, which sit empty during most of the day.

Philharmagic has the potential to connect all the disparate elements in that part of Disneyland together, as I explained in this thread: Fantasia Promenade. And, the former Fantasyland Theatre could still be used by the Entertainment department for its productions, as well.

Films are really the only kind of attraction that I do not mind seeing duplicated around the world.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 02-02-2007 at 01:25 AM.

• Basking in birthday love

I felt that just about everything in WDW was overrated... except Philharmagic. (Well, and the Finding Nemo musical, but that's a different thread.) At the end of the day at MK, having done everything in the park, that was the only thing I had any desire to do again. I would be happy to see it come to California.

I was really blown away by the animation, especially when it got to the Little Mermaid bit. I thought that the Kingdom Hearts games had good animation, but this was simply unreal.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Some of the computer animation on a few of the human characters is a bit painful to see...but that's a minor complaint.
    I really liked the film, but that was my major complaint. I hate the look of the new computer animated characters. They just don't look right. In particular, I remember Ariel and a few of the other characters looking particularly wrong.

Loved the ending of the film!

Thumbs up Re: Philharmagic is underated.

As with everyone else, I absolutely love this attraction!!! My favorite part of "Phil" is the incredible sound and orchestrations (I'm a music teacher) and the special effects (floral scents, squirting water, etc). But I also love to stand in the "lobby" of the music hall waiting to enter the auditorium and listening to the voices coming over the PA, and once seated in the auditorium listening to Goofy running around backstage. Disney Details!!!! Also, who doesn't get a small chill when Mickey conducts the entire orchestra in a dramatic conclusion with the MMC theme song?!
    Everyone who mentioned this previously is also correct: more of these type of movie attractions should be put into underused areas. Guests love to sit and cool off in an air conditioned theatre and watch an entertaining movie for a few minutes. As a child I remember watching, hmmm was it called Magic Journeys? in Tomorrowland and getting the sensation of traveling up into the sky looking down on the kite. I loved it!! Anyone else remember that film? It was in the early 70's!
    Bravo to Philharmagic!!!

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyJack65 View Post
    As a child I remember watching, hmmm was it called Magic Journeys? in Tomorrowland and getting the sensation of traveling up into the sky looking down on the kite. I loved it!! Anyone else remember that film? It was in the early 70's!
    "Magic Journeys" was a film that played in the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot when it first opened. When "Captain EO" opened at Epcot , it moved to the Magic Kingdom where Philharmagic is now playing.

Oh, and I also get goosebumps when I watch "Philharmagic."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    Being a Donald fan, I really really need to see it.
    They should bring it to Anaheim and evict HISTA.

(Yes, yes, it's not Tomorrowlandish but what the heck...)
    They should bring it here, somewhere. I guess we have to see that 50th Anniversary movie to get our Donald fix for now.

• Feeling LOVED

This is one of the main reasons we go to MK. We love this soooo much. It is finally nice to see Donald get something of his own. I really agree with everyone else that they should somehow bring it here.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    No one ever talks about this AMAZING film. I saw it for the first time this week and was blown away. It is probably the BEST 3D thing the company has done. The Peter Pan sequence alone is awesome. Am I the only one that thinks it's great. Why don't they slap this into Anaheim?
    Uhmmmmm

a) people talk about it all the time (it was definitely in EVERYONE'S "Must See" list in the MiceChat Florida Invasion). It just hasn't been making the "news" for any reason as of late.

b) Al's already talked about Philharmagic going in where Muppets 3-D is. Granted, he hasn't talked about that in the last update, but he didn't say it was back to the drawing board either...
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I was just hearing it was overrated from someone, so I wasn't sure we would try to do it on our trip next week. But thanks to this thread we definitely will! Thanks cuz!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast