Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Laugh Floor Question

Quote Originally Posted by ieffectfor_disney View Post
    I don't think the attraction "reeks in cheapness", I just don't think it was such a great idea from the start. We already have Turtle Talk which seems to be somewhat similar. I was looking forward to an actual Monters Inc. attraction that like, moves? hah
    For such a ride...you have to go to DCA or visit TDL next year when they open their "Monsters Inc Hide and Seek" ride. At WDW? we are not worthy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

What about an attraction that fits in the Tomorrowland theme? That alone is one of the main reasons I am not excited about this attraction.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• In Technicolor!

Good point, Yoyo. What would you want to see, though? A movie-themed attraction? Big ticket ride? Entertainment?

Ward muses on themes:

- Rolie Polie Olie (what else in Tomorrowland is for young kids? Astro Obiter, maybe. Not the Indy Speedway - parents have to drive at that age...)

- Treasure Planet (so-so movie, but could be a good attraction, if done right.)

- Stitch (the "thing" currently in Tomorrowland is not an attraction)

- The Incredibles (a stretch - I'd rather see them in the Studios)
    These are the games that never end.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I'd be happy with the return of the Timekeeper.

But I am all for a new circlevision, if done right. So many possiblities. Or, as the current trend is, replace it with a new attraction (ride through) However, I don't need another major thrill ride. Just a high quality C or D ticket dark ride would make me happy.

And Ward, I actually am one of the few people who enjoyed Treasure Planet, I think it is vastly underrated, as is Atlantis. I know it's against the grain of most other people, but to each his or her own.

• In Technicolor!

I also enjoyed Treasure Planet. I called it so-so per its lack of mainstream popularity.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I also enjoyed Treasure Planet. I called it so-so per its lack of mainstream popularity.
    agreed. That Long John Silver is one of the best characters to come from Disney in a while. And, the Costumed Ben that walked the parks was one of teh best looking I have seen. Really cool.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    the Costumed Ben that walked the parks was one of teh best looking I have seen. Really cool.
    Ben's in the parks?!? Is he still there, or was he only there around the time the movie came out?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I saw him when the movie came out. Haven't seen him since. He and Jim Hawkins were both there, signing autographs and posing for pictures behind the Buzz Lightyear Fastpass machines.

• The Darkness to Light

Remind me, who was Ben again? I only remember seeing a picture of the short-lived Jim CM standing next to his sand surfer.

And yoyo, NO MORE STITCH IN TOMORROWLAND unless they can make a decent attraction out of him. I'm still pissed off that he replaced AE because the original was "too scary for young kids" leaving only the roller coasters for the teenage audiance to enjoy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Remind me, who was Ben again? I only remember seeing a picture of the short-lived Jim CM standing next to his sand surfer.

And yoyo, NO MORE STITCH IN TOMORROWLAND unless they can make a decent attraction out of him. I'm still pissed off that he replaced AE because the original was "too scary for young kids" leaving only the roller coasters for the teenage audiance to enjoy.
    Umm...I never said I wanted Stitch back.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider
    Remind me, who was Ben again?
    Spoiler
    Ben was the robot that helped Jim find the treasure.

Voiced by Martin Short.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider
    And yoyo, NO MORE STITCH IN TOMORROWLAND unless they can make a decent attraction out of him.
    I was suggesting Stitch for Tomorrowland, since he's an alien from outer space.

• Banned User

ok treasure planet was as good a movie as home on the range and atlantis. To say it needed work would be a compliment. I wouldn't want to see any attraction based on such a bad movie. Timekeeper really didn't fit the theme either. it was about the past not the future. they got away with it because of the robot. I frankly never liked time keeper or the 36o idea because you have to stand through the entire movie. also they still have two of them at epcot. the problem with something like laugh floor is the old addage" you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time." so they have to go with what works most of the time. Will everyone like it? probably not but it's still testing and thank heavens WDI is testing and getting reactions. lets just wait and see what the final outcome is before we make a judgement. of course there are those of you here that won't like it no matter how good it is.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    lets just wait and see what the final outcome is before we make a judgement. of course there are those of you here that won't like it no matter how good it is.
    Sorry, but isn't that what Test and Focus groups are for? To find out what the potential final outcome is?

And if the focus groups didn't like it, what makes you think Disney thinks that the other part they didn't poll will?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Sorry, but isn't that what Test and Focus groups are for? To find out what the potential final outcome is?

And if the focus groups didn't like it, what makes you think Disney thinks that the other part they didn't poll will?
    For your information, recent guest reactions have been very good. Most guests in the theatre are now giving it a "very good" or "great" response. (opposed to mostly "fair" during the first few shows.) When I first saw the show, I thought they just had a nice little attraction. But after seeing recent shows, I think WDI has a made a great attraction that guests really love. If WDI keeps on track like they have been, The Laugh Floor Comedy Club will be a "must-see attraction"! One of the real highlights of a day at the Magic Kingdom. That's what it looked like from watching guest reactions for the last few shows.
    WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

• Disney Dreams

When I first heard about this, I thought it might be something similar to the ride at DL - but then I find out it has NOTHING to do with a ride, and it's just a show. I figured, how great can it be? But from what I just read in the last post by EpcotServo, it seems pretty awesome. I'm gonna try to check it out this weekend when I go, and let people know what I think. They can get a kid's opinion, seeing as I am 13 .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast