Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• The Darkness to Light

Re: Laugh Floor Question

You're three-years-too-old from their target audiance.

I was at the press event and saw the show. All I can say is....I REALLY like Turtle Talk with Crush.

• The Darkness to Light

Chances are you'd probably like Stitch Encounter if they ever clone that clone here (which they should).

All I can say, and my report will be up in the next few days on Miceage, is Comedy is a very subjective art, and it does not always translate well to folks from different cultures.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Suede View Post
    I was at the press event and saw the show. All I can say is....I REALLY like Turtle Talk with Crush.
    There seem to be mumblings here and there that Laugh Floor might not open at all. (One poster on the Hysterical Location discussion boards pretty much confirmed that this is being discussed.)

If the show doesn't improve in the next few weeks, I'm betting it'll quietly disappear for another LCI show utilizing characters from a different Pixar property. Hmm... didn't Lasseter express interest at last year's shareholder meeting, in having a film-based attraction open around the same time as the film's theatrical release?

Why couldn't they replace Laugh Floor with a non-interactive LCI show involving the robots from WALL*E? Maybe even have the robots themselves doing meet-n-greet with the guests outside the attraction a la Muppet Mobile Labs? That would be far more interesting to me than monsters cracking bad jokes.

Yeah... too bad I didn't think of it first.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Here's an odd question:
    Many have said Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. Does anyone think it could have been better suited for Epcot at the Universe of Energy (not as a replacement for Ellen's show, but a smaller side attraction)? It is all about the generation of energy.

Also having read reviews of previews of Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club, I wonder if it has any of the charm of the movie. It sounds like there is no Boo, no Scully and a non-Billy Crystal voiced Mike. The whole idea sounds a little half-baked. What I would rather see is something more like "It's Tough to Be a Bug". Mike would open a comedy club to generate laughs/energy for Monstropolis. Comics would come out and interact with guest/tell jokes. (Same as the actual attraction). However, midway through the show, Randall would show up and hijack the show, saying that scream power is more effective (especially since Mike's comics are bombing). He and his cronies would try and make the audience scream (via in theater effects and on-screen antics). Scully could show up, scare off Randall, let Mike finish his show and send the audience laughing on their way. At least there would be more of a story to follow, so that the show doesn't succeed or fail based upon the jokes that are being used. So it would be more of a Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor/Scare Floor. Sure, it's fairly similar to It's Tough to Be a Bug, but seems more fun to me. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by zuulrules View Post

Also having read reviews of previews of Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club, I wonder if it has any of the charm of the movie.
    The waiting area has much of the charm the movie has. From the jazzy music, and view of the monster world outside, and the very funny comments on the review board.
    WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

Thumbs down Re: Laugh Floor Question

I attended a 'preview' of Laugh Floor just last week. I found the waiting areas boring and for some reason they kept all us in the waiting areas faaarrrr to long - standing in a room with little to see or do is not a good introduction to the show. And then the show was terrible! The jokes were bad, the timing was bad and they just didn't pull it off. It was obvious that the operators weren't totally proficient with the computer generated images and they never used any potential ensemble jokes. Some of the jokes are created by showing people in the audience (spot lights and video cameras pick out people in the audience). That worked sometimes, but being chosen as "that guy" for several of the jokes seemed repetitious.
    I would never go into this attraction again. Now ask me how I really fell about it.

• The Darkness to Light

Here's an odd question:
    Many have said Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. Does anyone think it could have been better suited for Epcot at the Universe of Energy (not as a replacement for Ellen's show, but a smaller side attraction)? It is all about the generation of energy.

Also having read reviews of previews of Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club, I wonder if it has any of the charm of the movie. It sounds like there is no Boo, no Scully and a non-Billy Crystal voiced Mike. The whole idea sounds a little half-baked. What I would rather see is something more like "It's Tough to Be a Bug". Mike would open a comedy club to generate laughs/energy for Monstropolis. Comics would come out and interact with guest/tell jokes. (Same as the actual attraction). However, midway through the show, Randall would show up and hijack the show, saying that scream power is more effective (especially since Mike's comics are bombing). He and his cronies would try and make the audience scream (via in theater effects and on-screen antics). Scully could show up, scare off Randall, let Mike finish his show and send the audience laughing on their way. At least there would be more of a story to follow, so that the show doesn't succeed or fail based upon the jokes that are being used. So it would be more of a Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor/Scare Floor. Sure, it's fairly similar to It's Tough to Be a Bug, but seems more fun to me. What do you think?
    Both ideas work in my book, more so the Epcot Energy one than the plot one.

I honestly don't see how they can make this attraction succeed without a constaint rewriting of the script. At least with the more "plot" based idea you posted, there's a reason to do a repeat at least once a month or so.

• Beware of Mutant Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by Misterblue View Post
    I attended a 'preview' of Laugh Floor just last week. I found the waiting areas boring and for some reason they kept all us in the waiting areas faaarrrr to long - standing in a room with little to see or do is not a good introduction to the show. And then the show was terrible! The jokes were bad, the timing was bad and they just didn't pull it off. It was obvious that the operators weren't totally proficient with the computer generated images and they never used any potential ensemble jokes. Some of the jokes are created by showing people in the audience (spot lights and video cameras pick out people in the audience). That worked sometimes, but being chosen as "that guy" for several of the jokes seemed repetitious.
    I would never go into this attraction again. Now ask me how I really fell about it.
    Hey, I think we might have been at the same show, (did Marty Wasoski's mic not work at first?) Were you "that guy"?
    I think it was a bad show, but I tried to imagine seeing it a little more finely tuned. If you get the delivery and timing down, the jokes aren't all that bad. In fact, I think "that guy" is a great joke, providing it is timed and delivered properly, which I agree it was not.

Before we all rush to judgment on this show, remember, it's not open yet, and it will not be for several months. Does anyone know if there were previews of Turtle Talk? Were they any good?

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Post Re: Laugh Floor Question

Quote Originally Posted by Misterblue View Post
    I attended a 'preview' of Laugh Floor just last week. I found the waiting areas boring and for some reason they kept all us in the waiting areas faaarrrr to long - standing in a room with little to see or do is not a good introduction to the show.
    Did you read both bulliten boards? Read the blueprint for how the show works? How about look at the window into the Monster world? Or notice the Trash Compactor from the film? How about read all of the funny names on the candy bars in the vending machine? I know they played at least two diffrent videos on the monitors, or three depending on what they did. There was lots to see in the waiting area, but like every queue and pre-show, you have to take the time to look.
    WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123