Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Laugh Floor Question

Wasn't there supposed to be some initial showings of Laugh Floor Comedy Club late January? Did this in fact take place? Does anyone have pics? Thanks in advance!

• Banned User

Re: Laugh Floor Question

The reception by the test crowds before Xmas was not good. The show designers went back to the drawing boards to improve the quality of the script for the show, therefore the opening and subsequent previews were further delayed until spring I believe.

• Minion

^^ Thanks for the info. Bummer though, I was thinking of a trip this March and hoping to check it out then. But sounds like it won't be up and running.

• time to go

Team Pixar was there last week, during the mediafest. And there were previews, which some posters on other sites reported on. The Hysterical Location web site had a 'live' photo in front of Laugh Floor, with Pete Docter, Lee Unkrich, and Bob Peterson in the background.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Banned User

Everything for the media. The paying guests be dammed.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The reception by the test crowds before Xmas was not good. The show designers went back to the drawing boards to improve the quality of the script for the show, therefore the opening and subsequent previews were further delayed until spring I believe.
    Was it not funny or did people get grossed out by Disney's resorting to Nickelodian-style fart jokes like they've been doing with Stitch and Pumbaa?

• Banned User

For what I understand, the jokes were not as funny as show writers had hoped... so probably now they will upgrade the show with sick jokes such as those you mentioned... (just kidding)

• I was deleted.

But I'm sure most "average guests" wouldn't want to share the show with the media, their equipment, and possible flash photography along with the Q & A that most likely followed.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    But I'm sure most "average guests" wouldn't want to share the show with the media, their equipment, and possible flash photography along with the Q & A that most likely followed.
    True, but management sure was interested in their initial reaction, and quite disturbed by the feedback they got. You see? When the media comes into town, management goes into butt-kissing mode.. trying to buy the media's opinion. Nothing beats a good old fashioned average guest test show to get the real feedback on things.

• Crazy Furry

It's pretty interesting hearing reports from the recent previews where they hoped to fix things. I have been hearing reports that they did fix the humor to be actually funny, yet I'm still hearing reports that the animation still needs work (Matching the movement's of the mouth with the voice) as well as the rest of the show.

Though I'm quite afraid about one thing about this attraction. Their using live comedy yet not much improv is involved so it's pretty much scripted.
    Unless they add more improv stuff I have a bad feeling this will get old real fast.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

tasman, previews have apparently continued so you may be able to view the show. My understanding is the script has been improved to a degree. The desire to create unique experiences each show has caused the entire attraction to be very hit or miss with the preview audiences.

• Banned User

I am so totally NOT excited about this new attraction.. The concept just reeks in cheapness and the does not call my attention in the very least. But I would pay to see Surly pull a Richards improv stunt.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Though I'm quite afraid about one thing about this attraction. Their using live comedy yet not much improv is involved so it's pretty much scripted.
    Unless they add more improv stuff I have a bad feeling this will get old real fast.
    There's always the rare chance that they will rotate jokes that are no longer funny with new ones. But that would mean they would have to actually pay to keep writers on staff year round.

I don't think the attraction "reeks in cheapness", I just don't think it was such a great idea from the start. We already have Turtle Talk which seems to be somewhat similar. I was looking forward to an actual Monters Inc. attraction that like, moves? hah

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I am so totally NOT excited about this new attraction.. The concept just reeks in cheapness and the does not call my attention in the very least. But I would pay to see Surly pull a Richards improv stunt.
    If I want comedy, I go see a REAL comedian.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast