Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• See you there!

Re: Epcot Chief says No 25th Anniversary Celebration

I guess I will be the sole dissenting voice here. I for one am tired of all the Disney celebrations. They seem to promote the heck out of them and in the end many, many more people show up expecitng something special (like the gee whiz super special 50th at DL) and it just makes for super crowds.

Disney needs to quit celebrating and quit advertising for a couple of years so the crowds can ge back to a normal level.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL View Post
    Disney needs to quit celebrating and quit advertising for a couple of years so the crowds can ge back to a normal level.
    I agree with you Andy... but what they really need to do is STOP the nonsense celebrations that are Marketing-created...such as Happiest celebration on Earth, Million Dreams, 100 yrs of Magic, Family Gatherings and such.. Those are just marketing stunts disguised as celebrations. Resort opening anniversaries should be celebrated when time is due, and only for just under a year... that way when the next big milestone comes around, it will be something special again. That was always the way it was done until they started these idiotic celebrations with the Millenium one at EPCOT... since then...it's been constant celebration assault on every sense. Way too much crap, not enough substance.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL View Post
    I guess I will be the sole dissenting voice here. I for one am tired of all the Disney celebrations. They seem to promote the heck out of them and in the end many, many more people show up expecitng something special (like the gee whiz super special 50th at DL) and it just makes for super crowds.

Andy
    Well, Million Dreams campaign seems to be accomplishing just that so far. It ain't no 50th, that's for sure. Thanx Jay!
    Last edited by Wally; 02-03-2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: to be meaner

• Banned User

"Million Dreams" is a big huge bribe to fool guests to come visit the "Disney Parks". It's like inviting people to go shop at their nearest WalMart...because the prices are lower... but are they???

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

100 years of magic was to celebrate Walt's 100th birthday technically. Although the product may not have been as good as promoting that as it could have been, I call that a worthy celebration. And, we did get Walt Disney: One Man's Dream from it.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    "Million Dreams" is a big huge bribe to fool guests to come visit the "Disney Parks". It's like inviting people to go shop at their nearest WalMart...because the prices are lower... but are they???
    Survey says Wal-Mart is cheaper. At least in my area.

But other than that, you would have to be an idiot to not see that the Million Dreams campaign is nothing but a farce.

I'm with Andy as well. They just need to stop celebrating. There's nothing to celebrate at WDW anymore. And don't bring up the list of attraction openings to "celebrate," because whenever a new coaster opens at Six Flags, you don't seem them promoting it in every media outlet Universal or WB or whoever owns that franchise has under their thumb. *points to his three Disney DVDs that each have an Everest ad on them*

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    100 years of magic was to celebrate Walt's 100th birthday technically. Although the product may not have been as good as promoting that as it could have been, I call that a worthy celebration. And, we did get Walt Disney: One Man's Dream from it.
    I agree about 100 yrs being worthy, but the "100 yrs" event should have been done in CA, at the park Walt built. NOT at WDW. ..and what did we really get? Certainly not the better One Man's Dream show that play to full house at TDL.... WDW should have hosted it's 30th anniversary and re-open "Walt Disney Story" as a tribute to walt's 100th birthday, but "100 yrs" was a celebration that should have happened at DL, especially after the very stale 45th anniversary offerings, compliments of Pressler and Harris.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I agree about 100 yrs being worthy, but the "100 yrs" event should have been done in CA, at the park Walt built. NOT at WDW. ..and what did we really get? Certainly not the better One Man's Dream show that play to full house at TDL.... WDW should have hosted it's 30th anniversary and re-open "Walt Disney Story" as a tribute to walt's 100th birthday, but "100 yrs" was a celebration that should have happened at DL, especially after the very stale 45th anniversary offerings, compliments of Pressler and Harris.
    True, it did infringe on the 30th, and it should have been hosted in Cali, but at least someone had the decency to throw it. I bet WDW picked up on the markerting idea, since Pressler and Harris undoubtedly would have passed.

• Shubisha

100 years of magic was ignored in anaheim because DCA was opening(and then bombing and so forth). Their budget was used.

• golly gawrrsh

what's DCA?
    șoș Sometimes Patrick, sometimes Karen.
    We'll let you decided who types what șoș

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    what's DCA?
    Disney's California Pixar Adventure.

• Pilot EdForceOne

What you need to stop is the internal desire for a overall theme they must apply every 12-18 months. Its this desire for a tie-in campaign for all activities that drives this demand to 'come up with a reason'.

They can't come up with a tag line that is effective enough to stick on their own. Instead they need to tie it to some 'celebration'.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    What you need to stop is the internal desire for a overall theme they must apply every 12-18 months.
    And their bullying of the other parks to join in when they don't want to.

I read on another site that DLR's new CS uniforms are identical to the ones at WDW, but horribly tailored because they assume that, like Florida, everyone working at DLR is fat. I just don't like the color scheme they picked, as it is too hard on the eyes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    They can't come up with a tag line that is effective enough to stick on their own. Instead they need to tie it to some 'celebration'.
    Or, they need to let the parks rely on their own merits, and not link them to the others, as in "if you liked this park, you might also like...hey, we're celebrating too!"

• Inappropriate

Sorry PigletF.. that's also more Tokyo's style... like the current special merchandise for Princess Days... take a look at a small sampling...
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...7/goods01.html
    Guh! That stuff is awful!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast