Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• The Darkness to Light

Re: Epcot Chief says No 25th Anniversary Celebration

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Guh! That stuff is awful!
    What's awful? Hopefully not the merchindise, because of of the stuff is actually pretty unique.

*eyes the Cinderellabration show-globe that looks like one of the many statues around the hub*

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    "Million Dreams" is a big huge bribe to fool guests to come visit the "Disney Parks". It's like inviting people to go shop at their nearest WalMart...because the prices are lower... but are they???
    I still don't see people's beef with YoaMD when in fact it offers just as much, if not more, than HCoE. We have brand new rides (The Seas, LFCC, Subs), retrofitted rides & parade (Rockin' Both Parks, DDcTP), brand new shows (DAwM (which brought in talking character heads & new face characters) & Nemo Musical), a whole handfull of smaller entertainment features (Woody's Cowboy Camp, Main Street Family Fun Day Parade, High School Musical Pep Rally & Royal Court Academy) along with a million dreams being given away (and all you have to do is be in the park) including nights in the castle (which was brand new for the celebration), trip giveaways among many other prizes. All WDW got out HCoE was an AA that stood for a few months, an import show from WDSP which isn't nearly as loved as Disney's other entertainment offerings, an import show from TDL which wasn't nearlly as good as CSC (or the current DAwM) & an import attraction from DCA (which is very popular). We also got EE, but that didn't open until nearly a year into the celebration (when most other celebrations would be nearing to a close). Okay, so we essentially got 2 clones and a bona-fide E-Ticket. Did anyone really expect another mega-E-Ticket attraction within the next year? Just opinion though.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Pilot EdForceOne

Never attest rides to marketing campaigns unless they are themes set out years in advance. Something like YoMD can only be attested to 'time overlap' for ride openings. But that never stops a company from claiming their tie-ins anyways.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    I still don't see people's beef with YoaMD when in fact it offers just as much, if not more, than HCoE.
    It's unwarrented. That's my beef with it. The 50th was a celebration worth celebrating. Walt's 100th birthday was a celebration worth celebrating. Even the Millienium Celebration was worth doing!!

This isn't.

All WDW got out HCoE was ... an import show from TDL which wasn't nearlly as good as CSC (or the current DAwM)...
    I also have beef with MK's version of Cinderellabration. They took all the romance and magic out of it upon importing it! Hell, they took out KING MICKEY AND QUEEN MINNIE!! They got a new stage out of it, but no fiber optic lights on the rising platform? No grand entrance from the floor level to the stage with a train that's longer than logic should allow? No evoking the feeling that this is a real corination from a fairy tale land?

It's criminal what they did with the show! Criminal!!

And don't get me started about Dream Along. Just because they got new heads doesn't make the show that much better, especially given how many peices of that soundtrack they took from Tokyo.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Guh! That stuff is awful!
    That's stuff is not mean for military macho men like you. This TDL event is strictly for the little girls and the little girls in some of us. ..and you should see the cute "Princess Days" fannypack adorned with rhinestones and pearls...

I goof on the whole million dreams thing. An epcot celebration would have been, IMHO, the way to go. A million dreams...no...rather the million lights that light this beauty up every night.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet Schmalzbach View Post
    I goof on the whole million dreams thing. An epcot celebration would have been, IMHO, the way to go. A million dreams...no...rather the million lights that light this beauty up every night.
    YOU goofed??? SHAME ON YOU!!! You should have known better!!! We wanted a real anniversary!! NOT BRIBES!!!

• Banned User

It's probably too much effort for the lazy Florida executives. And they probably spent all their money on Year of A Million Dreams banners and comemrcial spots.

• Inappropriate

That's stuff is not mean for military macho men like you. This TDL event is strictly for the little girls and the little girls in some of us. ..and you should see the cute "Princess Days" fannypack adorned with rhinestones and pearls...
    Haha! Touche' on the fanny pack Sorry, i'm on to camera bags now.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Hello? Did I hear the word "bribe?" I'm right here.

• Why can't you tune a fish

While I cant read Japanese, I am having flashes of Sanrio Gift Gate (aka Hello Kitty) here.

Looks like Disney is cheaping out here. Take some characters and slap them on a $2.00 vinyl pencil box and sell it for $10.

Whats next "Bad Bell-Maru"?

-dave

• The Darkness to Light

It never seases to amaze me how many people compare TDL's merch to the stuff from Sanrio.

Then again, cultural aesthetics is one of the things that make this world unique from region to region. I can only wonder what the Japanese thing about our products like A&F.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    While I cant read Japanese, I am having flashes of Sanrio Gift Gate (aka Hello Kitty) here.
    -dave
    You know, the sad part is... some of the stuff they sell at WDW of late can also be found at Universal and Sea World with their characters/logos on, simply because some of the merchandise is licensed and produced by outside vendors who happen to have contracts with the different theme park companies.. Why do you think Universal, Disney, and Busch now have the same teamsters-approved stroller for rent?? As for TDR... well, I can only assume some japanese companies may also follow the same practices. And yes, you do have a point in regards to stuff that compares to Kello Kitty and other stuff, but that is the type of stuff that sells in Japan...cell straps, mini plushes, souvenir cups, etc. But I am here to tell you that even the Hello Kitty merchandise in Japan (which is sold practically everywhere, including Universal Japan) is of much better quality over similar items I see on sale at WDW and DL. Only my opinion based on what I see out there...

• The Darkness to Light

I just like their line of Chip and Dale plushies and mech. You don't see that much variety for what is considered a minor character here in the states except for when they were representing two different countries in Epcot. But that was a Happy Meal promotion from WAY back in the day. I only got Dale sporting an Aladdin-style outfit for Morocco (sp?).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

For the record, Chip was China.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast