Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: The Jungle Cruise from Hell

Oh high holy hell what just happened here? We have a story about one bad skipper who obviously can't be there anymore...(you cannot shoot the gun at the dock and go unscathed)...(which was a fine story to share btw)...but now it is turning into a whole "well a skipper will do this!"? I don't want to see where this thread is going...I see it being a lot of justifying bad boat behavior and a lot of "well I saw a skipper do this once!"...

...oy...

• Banned User

this skipper has got to be gone... working some un-named fast food joint not owned by a mouse....

i have never had a bad experience.. just sometimes a lame experience but their were some points...

i hope to never get a skipper that bad.

i suddenly want to go on green's cruise...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    we dont act flat out rude, its more like rude/sarcastic, EVERYONE does it.
    So, you do your job, and if you don't get the right reaction, ok, do your best with the next group. But by your logic, you should be rude, because after all, if no one finds your jokes funny, then it's the guests fault. Something tells me you shouldn't be doing a spiel attraction, but that's just me.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    So, you do your job, and if you don't get the right reaction, ok, do your best with the next group. But by your logic, you should be rude, because after all, if no one finds your jokes funny, then it's the guests fault. Something tells me you shouldn't be doing a spiel attraction, but that's just me.
    Its not just you.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

This weekend while I was on the cruise, my skipper at the end to kill time actually said, "You should attend the 3pm parade, I'll be the Goofy one."

I couldn't tell if he was serious or not but they don't sometimes work attractions and then do character stuff do they?

I hope he was joking.

• genie stole my BBQ

On this note, the best jungle cruise I have ever been on was last night. the skipper had us reallt warmed up by the back side of water.

• Disney Dreams

Goodness gracious! I hope someone reported him to the other CM's or a manager or something! That's completely INSANE - he could have gotten sued if he would have hurt you ( as the first poster said ). That's crazy! He was out of control for sure.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

There are three main reasons people don't laugh at Jungle Cruise Skipper jokes:

1. They have been on it a million times and have heard all the regular jokes 100's of times -- even some of the improvised "unofficial" ones. (This happens more at Disneyland though, where the park is visited more by locals).

2. The skipper puts the mike so close to his/her mouth and screams so loud that no one can understand a word they are saying, with all the distortion that this causes to come out of the speakers.

3. The guests are from a foriegn country and don't understand English.

If this particular skipper couldn't understand this, then he doesn't understand Disney and has no right working there.

• Disney Dreams

I don't believe that any employee has the right to act rude to a guest, no matter WHAT the circumstances. So just because a guest may be tired after walking around all day and wants to sit on a boat and just relax for a bit, that means that the employee can give them a hard time? I don't think so.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, all I gots ta say is no Jungle Cruise skipper better talk ta THIS Cauldron gal like that--er he's gonna end up bein' a Bungle Bruise Dipper when I puts a whammy on him fer actin' like such a dang idiot!! Heck, I could just as eas'ly turn him inta a frog an' gobble him up fer lunch!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

ESPECIALLY after 330, when everyones blood sugar drops to unprcendednted levels and we end up driving boats for zombies.
    Someone call Robert Goulet... STAT!

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    we dont act flat out rude, its more like rude/sarcastic, EVERYONE does it.
    oooh...everyone does it, well then its ok right? Because it's not like the guests are paid to entertain the CMs or anything. I understand that position must be very monotanous and a non-reactive "crew" would suck but guess what...sometimes being at work sucks. THAT does not mean it is ok to "insult" people. The CM is the one being paid to be entertaining, not the guest. If people choose to interact, thats great and I find it makes that particular ride much better, but if they choose not to oh well, like the rest of the work world...you just do your job and move on. "Joe" was far beyond what would be considered a normal reaction to a dead pan crowd and if you can "understand" that reaction perhaps you should join the 100% turn over rate and go find work at Walmart...see how long they tolorate you insulting "boring" costumers.

• Basking in birthday love

Saturday was one of the worst days I've ever worked at the DL Jungle Cruise. I was tired, the guests were being extremely stupid getting into the boat (suddenly not a bloody group knew how many were in their party, and that's just for starters) and completely unresponsive once on board, my lunch was late, and I was preoccupied with my car troubles. How did I work out my frustrations? By going as fast as I could through the jungle, putting my brain in auto-spiel so I didn't have to think about what I was saying, and occasionally cracking mild jokes at the difficulty of getting guests to follow directions. ("It's like herding cats," "Don't worry, we'll work on shapes and colors next time," that sort of thing.) That's it. There's a difference between making fun of someone and insulting them. If something like what happened to the OP happened at Disneyland, I can guarantee that "Joe" would have been talking to a manager and a shop steward within the hour. That is completely unacceptable.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Overreacting.. I know what the skipper meant. I've ridden where some people don't get the jokes or don't laugh so they make a few cracks. It's funny at least they usually laugh at that.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

If you know that people are going to get angry at you or vice versa. Why even show up?

We don't need one negative person, especially a CM pulling down guests to their level. It's just inappropriate.

It's one thing to joke around with people and it's another thing to act like a total a$$ and in this case... The a$$ was shown!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast