Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: The Jungle Cruise from Hell

I wonder if JC's "Joe" is the same "Joe" who verbally assaulted me while in line for the Cheap Adventures of Winnie the Pooh a couple of years ago...

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

I really hope Joe was reprimanded for his actions. I can't believe he actually did all that stuff to the passengers!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• Banned User

It could have been worst. "Joe" could have driven the boat into an iceberg, or have his own Poseidon Adventure in the backside of water or horrors! End up in Amityville Bay down the street at Universal-O.

• Mile High Member

We rode the JC in May 06. The "skipper" would have been fine if he were on stage at a comedy club on amateur night. What he was saying was totally distracting to what the ride was supposed to be. If Disney thinks that the only was to make the ride "fun" and "interesting" is for the CM to do 8 minutes of standup, then it's time to dismantle the ride and put something else in. Our next trip (it'll be the first for our youngest) will be last trip on the JC for me.

• The Ghost Poster.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    It could have been worst. "Joe" could have driven the boat into an iceberg, or have his own Poseidon Adventure in the backside of water or horrors! End up in Amityville Bay down the street at Universal-O.

Or even worse, He drives you into DCA! Now THAT would be scary!

" Doombuggies: The scariest transportation around! "

• She was sweet as a peach

I couldn't help but laugh at your story. It is one of those "it is so bad-it's funny" stories.
    We went on the Jungle Cruise back in January and had a girl skipper. The jokes were so corny (and I had heard most of them several times before) but she was just so funny. She was very upbeat and I was laughing minutes after I had left the boat.
    My only regret was not getting her name to make a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMouse View Post
    We rode the JC in May 06. The "skipper" would have been fine if he were on stage at a comedy club on amateur night. What he was saying was totally distracting to what the ride was supposed to be. If Disney thinks that the only was to make the ride "fun" and "interesting" is for the CM to do 8 minutes of standup, then it's time to dismantle the ride and put something else in. Our next trip (it'll be the first for our youngest) will be last trip on the JC for me.

This is not like the OPs awful experience at all I don't think. This is what JC is about, enjoy scenery, and enjoy the horrbily corny jokes. It sounds like the ride just isn't for you.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMouse View Post
    Was he telling inappropriate jokes, or jokes that didn't tie into the show scenes? Because if he was sticking to the script and telling the approved jokes about the jungle, well, I hate to break it to you, but that's what the Jungle Cruise has been about since the '60s.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• The Picture Guy

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    i can understand "Joes" plight. you see being a skipper is NOT as great as it once was. The guests just plain SUCK. The guest dynamic had changed so much in the past 10 years that cruises are no longer fun. They either dont get it, arent into it, or sleep. ESPECIALLY after 330, when everyones blood sugar drops to unprcendednted levels and we end up driving boats for zombies. After 330 no matter WHAT you do its IMPOSSIBLE to get a raction from a boat. So i can understand. If we see a boat that is OBVIOSULY full of dead weight and dosent want to be there, then we WILL make fun of you, insult, and do the most annyoing cruise ever.
    Then I think it is time to replace the skippers with audio animatronics or pre-recorded audios like in The Land Pavilion.

All the animals at Jungle Cruise are robots anyway, why not a robotic Skipper. I bet WDI will make the robot seem more human than a real human. A win-win situation for both guests and skippers.
    I am the picture guy---A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Then I think it is time to replace the skippers with audio animatronics or pre-recorded audios like in The Land Pavilion.

All the animals at Jungle Cruise are robots anyway, why not a robotic Skipper. I bet WDI will make the robot seem more human than a real human. A win-win situation for both guests and skippers.
    Or with us Dream Job applicants!

I do remember a horrid guide, he didn't tell the spiel, or even jokes. He basically used the microphone as an opportunity to vent his various career options (his brother works mall security, that's his dream job).

The jokes he told either had the wrong punchline or no punchline at all:
    Schweitzer Falls named after famed explorer Albert Schweitzer
    It inspires you to go deeper and deeper into the jungle (no pause)

You know things like that where you get the impression that a cast member doesn't want to be there is very annoying, especially in an attraction like the Jungle Cruise where the cast members are so important.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

• Future Indy Castmember

I can't believe a CM would do something so rude and unusual. I hope he gets fired.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Attn. Space Travelers....

wow....no matter how stressful Space Mtn become I never lose my cool with the guests, and i get to deal with alot of BS....this guy would be dumb for "Trying to get fired" because getting canned by Disney can ruin you....literally! I understand his job can be boring, but why did he get SO offended that people didnt respond to the lame Spiel ?! At Space, if people ignore me, its actually a problem because most of the time, theyre ignoring safety instructions and this usually causes us to break down....STILL, even with all that in mind i NEVER lose my cool with a guest.....its not the Disney way!! if we need to vent, we go to the breakroom and rant....not on stage ..... Joe should be fired...he ruined the show and thats, dare i say, sacreligious! :'-(

Smile Re: The Jungle Cruise from Hell

Howdy all,
    First post here..new to boards but definitly not new to skipping! lol Wow! good thing I'm off Tuesdays! I'd have had major issue with that skip!perhaps a jungle dipping ! I enjoy working with all the skips at the Jungle, but not gonna let something like that go un noticed. For the record, I would never ever do anything like that. Jungle is my home and has been since 96. Even on bad days(very few and far between), I still try to have fun with all of the guests! I've seen lots of skips come and go, and a few bad seeds aren't gonna ruin it for us "Lifer's" Anyway, very sorry to hear about your trip there with "Joe" don't let that stop any of you from visiting us, can't count us all out because of a bad incident like that.
    "BABS"
    Ps...................... yeah every FL Skip knows me
    Last edited by "BABS"; 03-25-2007 at 05:37 AM.

• Shubisha

Do I know you?:P

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Shellyfish View Post
    I would estimate at least 80% of our boat did not speak English. It was the United Nations boat. We had Venezuelans, Mexicans, Cubans, Japanese, Koreans, Germans, et al. on board. 80% might be a low number. Joe should have realized that - it wasn't that difficult to figure out. Perhaps he did and didn't care.

The most shocking part for me was when he unleashed on the little Venezuelan girl. At that moment I felt he was being cruel and it really pissed me off. I guess the gun firing over and over was pretty shocking too.

Oh boy not only did he have a meltdown but caused an International incident! That is just completely unacceptable, If I was his manager I would recast him as shrunken head Ned as an example to the other skippers... After all the chief is offering a two for one deal he would come out ahead....

On the safety side, are the jungle cruse boats on a track like Liberty bell or are they free floating? I think the later since there have been rumors of a certain skipper going off script and running screaming into the jungle at night leaving the passengers to wonder what the heck is going on...

Seriously though if a skipper really lost it and crashed the boat someone could be injured... Does Disney screen CM's for psychological problems, have counseling and such or is the turnover too high?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast