Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Banned User

Re: The Jungle Cruise from Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    On the safety side, are the jungle cruse boats on a track like Liberty bell or are they free floating? I think the later since there have been rumors of a certain skipper going off script and running screaming into the jungle at night leaving the passengers to wonder what the heck is going on...
    I believe they are not on a track, but the river does have a trough or something to keep the boat on course if needed...

i believe their are ways to dock if needed...

but i prefer to see a dead mans cruise, or speeding cruise rather than be left alone

• Basking in birthday love

They're on a track at Disneyland...

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Vehicle rotating backward

I like the WDW JC more than the DL one just because the rotating cast of college kids means more jokers who are likely to cut their career short by doing things they shouldn't.

This January we had a guy who started off very lame with the usual routine, but then started getting more into it and going into his own routine. By the time we got back to the dock, it was downright raunchy. "If you feel a slight jerk, that's just (name of female CM) doing her job."

• Attn. Space Travelers....

the CP kids always commit one of the "5 big stupids" while theyre there....thats why i hate the whole program...all these kids care about is getting a trip to florida....they arent into the job at all...and it makes me sad .... oh well, thats how they cut costs i suppose

• The Darkness to Light

Too bad the CP doesn't allow internships over at WDI. My background in design as well as my current education in the fine arts could probably be more helpful there than, say, the Disney Gallery which is where someone said I'd probably end up.

However, lately, I've been dipping my toes into the realm of performance art, so if I decided to ever do the CP before I graduate, I may end up as a parade rubberhead because "I can move well" and is part of their cheap labor force.

• Banned User

Zeek, "I can move well" won't cut it in Tokyo. Get some ballet, jazz and even modern dance classes before attempting to go to Japan. Many WDW parade performers, and even show performers do not make the cut for TDR.

• The Darkness to Light

I thought the CP didn't extend to the Japanese properties and was strictly the Florida property.

But if it does extend to TDR, I rather be part of the concept and design aspect of their live entertainment rather than THE entertainer on stage. I know I can't dance like they do. I don't have the body for it.

Wow! I road the Jungle Cruise on new years eve...and had the same [exact] experience. I was with my boyfriend and could barely wait to get off the boat before I called my mom....it was soo strange. The strangest part is I went back in March and had a different guide who did the same EXACT thing, even mocking some non-english speaking park guests. I think this is a rude/sarcastic shpill a few of the guides are doing..IMO i think its awful, kinda funny but imagine if young kids were on the ride. Im surprised theyre getting away with this

PS. Im new! lol

After seeing your experience was so similar to mine, I went on google to see if there were others...Look what I found...
    http://disneyworldtrivia.com/article...st_plain_rude/

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

^All of the jokes I read in that article I have no problem with, infact they made me crack a smile. A joke steps over the line when: its gets too scaractic and crosses the line into cinicism when refering to the ride or the park, specifically targets a speicific readliy identfiable person with a joke that the average person targeted could not laugh at (for instance a healthy person who trips coming in being called a klutz the rest of the trip-funny, a handicapped person who trips being called a klutz-not funny) is when it goes too far.

It's my guess that most of these "rude" skips' boats were ridden after 4:00pm. Truth is , the old skips have usually left by then, some, like myself, going to work the 3:00 pm parade, which starts sometime around 2:60. At this point over at the jungle you have mostly college program skips(Cp's), Ct's and Cr's. Some, but not all of these Skips can be found trying out puns or jokes which may or not be approved, therefore ya take your chances with them, some are great , others I would like to keelhaul!. I get along great with all of them, so this is quite frustrating to hear about! I really wish these skips would PLEASE!(in case one is reading this)STOP going over the top, you'll ruin it for those of us that have made this our life.. They on the other hand , will leave the Jungle to move on talking of how they were "soooooo Funny". What they fail to realize is that after they leave ,sometimes the rest of the skips left get the ole' house cleaning. Personally, I enjoy what I do, and wouldn't trade it for anything. Yes it can be grueling at times and I know the guests get upset waiting in line, especially the long ones. Therefore I, and most the other skips do our utmost to ensure you guys at least get to smile (hopefully hysterically) at the jokes and puns used. So with this in mind, Please bear with the long lines and hopefully you will get to see why the waits can be long at times. The World Famous Jungle Cruise was, afterall, One of Walt Disney's favorite atractions.
    Sincerely,
    Whining Wilderness William...aka BABS

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by "BABS" View Post
    It's my guess that most of these "rude" skips' boats were ridden after 4:00pm. Truth is , the old skips have usually left by then, some, like myself, going to work the 3:00 pm parade, which starts sometime around 2:60.
    And what is it you skippers do for the parade? Please don't tell me you are part of the parade cast.

no, no... we do parade audience control, helping keep the guests out of the parades path.
    BABS

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Cool Re: The Jungle Cruise from Hell

no, no... we do parade audience control, helping keep the guests out of the parades path.
    BABS
    HOORAY for PAC !! its the only time I can leave T-land while still in uniform!! plus, its just fun !
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Bad Puns Served Here

Sincerely,
    Whining Wilderness William...aka BABS
    Babs, you are on my top 3 list of funniest skippers ever and one of the gazillion reasons I look forward to returning to the jungle...every 6 months....for the rest of my life!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345