Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• I miss those 4 trees!

What should be done with the old 20K space?

Just for fun, unfortunatly, ...
    What do you think should be done with the space where the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction once sat? It is a pretty big space!
    You can see how big by clicking this link, and scrolling down to the aerial picture of Fantasyland: http://www.wdwmagic.com/aerialphotos.htm

Feel free to voice what you've "heard" is being considered for this space, but most importantly, what would you personally like to see there.

Me? I've always thought we should get a Matterhorn there!!! I know...wishful thinking. By the way, I',m not a fan of that Pooh play area. I can take my kid to McDonald's and get the same experience. Yes, it is designed well...but it is not appropriate for the Magic Kingdom at all....they could have been a lot more creative in my opinion. Disneyland's Fantasyland has less space and more attractions. WDW's Magic Kingdom is the most visited park in the world and we don't have the best Fantasyland. What's up with that, I ask!?

• Jambo!

Re: What should be done with the old 20K space?

Though Matterhorn might be a good idea in theory, but we already have a Yeti filled mountain at Animal Kingdom, so we don't need another. That is a huge chunk of very empty space of which I would have rather seen it lay empty like Disneyland's so it could someday become Nemo Submarine Voyage as well, instead of using only a tenth of it for a Pooh Playground.

I would personally like to see one of the many Villains concepts be put there.

And as of the most visited place not having the best Fantasyland... WDW pretty much doesn't the best anything. I love it with all my heart but most of the attractions are subpar copies of Disneyland originals or have been copied and done better at other parks (Space Mountain was technically ours first), except for maybe Everest, Mission: Space, and Test Track. I would rather see a major overhaul on Fantasyland facades to update it from that Renaissance Fair style that Disneyland once had than a new E, D, or even C ticket attraction in the old Lagoon.

• Disney Memory Maker

No doubt it is a very large chunk of land. Looking by this photo, it appears to be roughly twice the size of Toontown Fair.
    Things I would like to see:
    • A kick-*** E-Ticket (worthy of calling itself E-Ticket) attraction and maybe two smaller attractions (or a small attraction and food/merchandise locations).
    • I would not mind if it involved characters from older Disney pics (up to the 90s movies) just because it would fit in with the rest of Fantasyland.
    • A villain-themed attraction would be fun (who says all fantasies are of the non-evil type). Perhaps some sort of weird combination between Fantasmic, The Great Movie Ride and EE)
    • Perhaps an extension of Fantasyland based around Narnia. The land of Narnia is already quite fantasy-like in itself. If an attraction was based off of Narnia (the land) and not just off the plot of any of the individual stories, I think it would work quite well.
    Things I don't want to see
    • No interactive video game crap like Toy Story Mania
    • No Pixar-related attractions.
    • The Matterhorn (or any other clone for that sake)
    • An extension of Toontown
    • Not something too vertically big, unless it doesn't detract from the skyline of Main Street
    If it is something that is detailed, themed and big (not in height but in magnitude), I'll be more than happy. Until then, there is a lot of open space for the imagineers to go crazy with their ideas.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

what about Alice in wonderland or Pinocchio(not both)... then an original attraction that shall not be sent to Anaheim but to Paris and Tokyo...

Blog Entries

I know it can't be done due to contracts but I'd love to see the 20k ride from TDS there.

• World Traveler

Maybe they can put in the Little Mermaid Ride that was designed but never built.

I personally would like to see a whole new land put back there. I know from first hand experience the cast and operational infrastructure that is back there, but I know from a design stand point that it could be moved. I would like to see a "Villain Alley/Shadowland" put back there with the headliner attraction being the E ticket Villain Mountain.

I think it would go great with "where dreams come true" because it could be the place where even bad dreams come true!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Jambo!

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post

I think it would go great with "where dreams come true" because it could be the place where even bad dreams come true!
    You mean like, "Where Nightmares Come True?"

Anywho, if they are to do a whole land, I don't want it to be a halfway done one like Toontown Fair

• Banned User

I want to see Alice's Curious Labyrinth (hedge maze) a la the one in Fantasyland at Disneyland Paris.

What I don't want to see:

Any "Villain" concept. So boring, so lacking in creativity.
    Anything with the word "Mountain" in the name. I'm sick of that.

P.S. OH YES, and they should MOVE the Teacups further away from Tomorrowland!!!
    Last edited by NickCharles; 02-05-2007 at 01:13 PM.

• and too all a good fright

I would love to see a large scale boat ride through the world of Fantasia.

And for however "boring and lacking in creativity" it may be, I do love the villains and think a dedicated villains ride could be very cool.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

A villians ride would be very cool. I'm all for a Mary Poppins ride too.

I think that they should take out toontown and make a good land by combining that with the free space. I'm not sure what kind of land, but it would be good, let me tell you

• Banned User

would like to see a ride that combines mr toad and roger rabbit cartoon spin. then theme it to chasing stitch throughout hawaii and finally catching him in the end. now before I hear not another stitch attraction.... I would also then like to take stitch out of tommorrowland and either go back to alien encounter or bring some kind of non pixar attraction to the convention center area.

i say a very large gift shop @_@ no im kidding i say a large scale Pinocchio or Alice in Wonderland roller coster!! or a bigger version of Its A small world to make it outdoors like DLR and make more of the ride so its more of the lovely song and then take the old Small world and than the half close to the pinocchio restraunt make pinocchios daring journey and then make the other half alice in wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Any "Villain" concept. So boring, so lacking in creativity.
    Anything with the word "Mountain" in the name. I'm sick of that.
    Amen. The Villains concept might sound nice but I doubt they could actually execute it and it is such a generic idea in my opinion to begin with. I also agree, not another mountain type ride.

Maybe they could add more Fantasyland dark rides that they should have had when the park first opened.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast