Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Laugh Floor preview debacle and a rude CM

We tried to see a soft opening for this last week but I got different reactions from different CM's when I asked. On Thursday of last week I asked one of the several CM's standing in front of it about a preview. She told me there would be soft openings that day but she couldn't tell me the times.

Later I asked another CM, who told me to come back at 11:45 for a 12:15 showing. He also told me there would be more shows throughout the day.

When I came back at 11:45, a different CM- a snotty little guy named Troy from Boone, OH- asked me what I was there for. I told him I was told to return for a preview and he looked at me like I was a complete idiot before telling me in the most condescending tone possible, "Um, I don't know what you're talking about. There are no shows scheduled for today, sir."

Yeah, sure. That's why there are 5 CM's standing in front of the building with people carrying clipboards coming in and out. Yeah, you're just standing there to bounce balls and scare kids with your stitch hand. Whatever.

I told Troy from Boone, OH, that I had been told to return at this time for a preview. Once again I was put in my place by this all-knowing CM- "Well this show doesn't open until spring, so I don't know who told you that."

About then I figured I had been screwed and I turned to leave- just as the same CM (Troy, Boone, OH) let in two guests who had been waiting in the same area I had been.

So what's up with these previews? Are they only supposed to take certain types of people? Are they looking for a certain demographic that I just didn't meet? Is it by higher-up invitation only? Who deserves my complaint at City Hall- the CM that told me to come or Troy from Boone, OH? Who should I be pissed at here?

Well, from what I've been reading on other boards, it's not all that great a show anyway. Memo to Troy, Boone, OH: I didn't pay a small fortune to bring my family to WDW to have my intelligence insulted and talked down to by a self-righteous geek wearing a stitch hand.

• World Traveler

Re: Laugh Floor preview debacle and a rude CM

Why didn't you confront Troy and ask him why they let other people in? I would have gone to City Hall and place a complaint about Troy.

• Fastest Man Alive

Possibly it was a CM or management level only soft opening and those folks simply flashed their IDs?

• Queen of Sarcasm

I know sometimes they have soft openings for CMs and their invited guests only. Maybe the first CM you spoke to was under the impression you knew about the soft openings because you had a CM connection and let the cat out of the bag. I am not excusing the rude CM though. He should have been nicer about the situation and did not have to have a rude tone in his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Possibly it was a CM or management level only soft opening and those folks simply flashed their IDs?
    I suppose that's possible, but the two men looked pretty touristy and had never flashed any kind of credentials. But if that was the case, I wish Troy had simply told me that. I would have been totally ok with that. But I had spent the first few hours at MK thinking I would get to see a preview. I cut my lunch at Harbor House short (threw half a cup of clam chowder away) in order to be back in front of the Laugh Floor by the appointed time.

Look, when it comes to soft openings, no Cast Member really knows if it's going to happen or not. This applies even more so to The Laugh Floor. I've been told by WDI themselves in some cases that they are not going to do anything today, only to walk in later. With this project, things are changing in there by the minute. When it happens, you'll see a bunch of diffrent Cast Members with counters come out and leave the door open. And I've done ALOT of diffrent soft openings and can't tell you how annoying it is to hear "Is this going to open today?" all day long, being asked to Cast Members who really have no idea. While I don't support what the Cast Member did, you have to know that they have no idea or choice in the matter of Soft Openings. It's all up to WDI as to when and how it happens. Having gone through this many a time, I suggest you wait from about 12 to 5. That's the times I've seen it open. But remember, even if you've spent all day in front of there, it may not happen. It's a matter of waiting quietly, and not expecting anything to happen for sure.And I always remember that this is a plus. They didn't have to do it all!
    I think I was there that day and the preview didn't happen until about 4, and I think they only did one.
    WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

• Minion

Sounds like a misunderstanding of some sort. Still, doesn't justify a CM being snotty or condescending like that. Bummer...

Thumbs down Re: Laugh Floor preview debacle and a rude CM

And of course you must think your better than him for posting his name 5 times in one post, and 1 more time in the 2nd post?

Whatever makes you happy I guess.
    -Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    And of course you must think your better than him for posting his name 5 times in one post, and 1 more time in the 2nd post?.
    Um..Actually I just think he was rude. And since I was disenfranchised I feel posting his name and town might make readers here aware of him, so they can go "Ah, that was the guy." Mind you, I did not complain about him at City Hall.

And if you've read my posts in recent years, I identify excellent cast members the same way as well, so that readers can think "hey, that's that awesome CM that micechatter was talking about." For instance, I recently missed a tram at the TTC and had a lovely conversation with one of the nicest CM's I've ever met- Carol, Jamaica. And I do think she is better than me.

So I don't think I am better than Troy, Boone, OH. But I do think I'm a better speller than Wesley815.
    Last edited by JungleBumCT; 02-06-2007 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Edited response to be less harsh, less apt to be deleted by admins

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JungleBumCT View Post

When I came back at 11:45, a different CM- a snotty little guy named Troy from Boone, OH- asked me what I was there for. I told him I was told to return for a preview and he looked at me like I was a complete idiot before telling me in the most condescending tone possible, "Um, I don't know what you're talking about. There are no shows scheduled for today, sir."

Yeah, sure. That's why there are 5 CM's standing in front of the building with people carrying clipboards coming in and out. Yeah, you're just standing there to bounce balls and scare kids with your stitch hand. Whatever.

I told Troy from Boone, OH, that I had been told to return at this time for a preview. Once again I was put in my place by this all-knowing CM- "Well this show doesn't open until spring, so I don't know who told you that."

About then I figured I had been screwed and I turned to leave- just as the same CM (Troy, Boone, OH) let in two guests who had been waiting in the same area I had been.

So what's up with these previews? Are they only supposed to take certain types of people? Are they looking for a certain demographic that I just didn't meet? Is it by higher-up invitation only? Who deserves my complaint at City Hall- the CM that told me to come or Troy from Boone, OH? Who should I be pissed at here?

Well, from what I've been reading on other boards, it's not all that great a show anyway. Memo to Troy, Boone, OH: I didn't pay a small fortune to bring my family to WDW to have my intelligence insulted and talked down to by a self-righteous geek wearing a stitch hand.
    I would file a complaint concerning Troy from Boone for being rude to a guest. We shouldn't have to tolerate rudeness like that. Help put these guys in their place or else standards will drop.

Well, from what I've been reading on other boards, it's not all that great a show anyway.
    I don't want to sound like I'm making fun because it sounds like Troy was really rude. He could've jusy said, "I'm sorry, but todays shows are only being performed for selected guests."

But from the way you stated in the quote above, it sounds like you're saying, "Well, I didn't want to see it anyway," like something I would say sarcastically to my friends when they forget to invite me to stuff, "Well, I didn't want to go anyway." It sounds like you've already passed judgement on this attraction even though it's not even open yet and you haven't seen it yourself. But, even though you've decided it's "not a great show anyway" you still showed up at 11:45am with the hopes of seeing a this show. Why get upset over a show you already have low expectations for?

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    But from the way you stated in the quote above, it sounds like you're saying, "Well, I didn't want to see it anyway," like something I would say sarcastically to my friends when they forget to invite me to stuff, "Well, I didn't want to go anyway." It sounds like you've already passed judgement on this attraction even though it's not even open yet and you haven't seen it yourself.
    Actually it was my little way of consoling myself after the disappointment of being turned away. Yes, I have only seen negative reviews so far. But I love Monsters, Inc. and I was excited to be one of the lucky few to get a sneak preview of a major MK attraction. I would have come back to Micechat with a witty review of the show that would generate many responses and result in a nice multiple-page thread.

And like I said, if Troy would have simply told me the preview was for selected guests, I would have been totally ok with that, though disappointed. I probably would have shot the breeze with him for a minute and went on my merry way. Of course, it would have been even better had the original CM said that at first. Then I could have finished my clam chowder. Instead I wasted a valuable MK hour sitting on a cold granite bench watching Troy scare kids with his stitch hand. In the end, I suppose I'm more frustrated by the utter condescension of Troy than I was at missing the show.
    Last edited by JungleBumCT; 02-06-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: html tag correction

• I am number 4 of 999

I cut my lunch at Harbor House short (threw half a cup of clam chowder away) in order to be back in front of the Laugh Floor by the appointed time.
    I don't believe Troy or any of the other Cast Members you spoke to that day forced you to cut your lunch short and throw your chowder away.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by EpcotServo View Post
    Look, when it comes to soft openings, no Cast Member really knows if it's going to happen or not. This applies even more so to The Laugh Floor. I've been told by WDI themselves in some cases that they are not going to do anything today, only to walk in later. With this project, things are changing in there by the minute. When it happens, you'll see a bunch of diffrent Cast Members with counters come out and leave the door open.
    I couldn't agree with you more EpcotServo. The Cast Members are only trying to do their best while they stand in front of these attractions and answer the questions of guests.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I don't believe Troy or any of the other Cast Members you spoke to that day forced you to cut your lunch short and throw your chowder away.
    I agree. If you were supposedly told by an unnamed Cast Member to come back at a certain time, wouldn't you of known if you had time to dine or not?

I will also have to agree with others about the issue of the certain Cast Member that was named. If you felt he was rude to you then you should've addressed it to Guest Relations or his manager in the area. Reporting it here to MiceChat really can't help the situation nor improve how Cast Members respond to guest questions regrading soft openings either. My other concern is that you didn't remember the name of the original Cast Member that told you when to return. If they were the 'helpful' one wouldn't you want to remember their name so that you could write up a good comment about them at Guest Relations as well? It appears that your main concern is surrounding the fact that the temporary soft opening that wasn't exactly announced was pushed back or cancelled. There was no guarantee that this attraction will open until the time that Troy informed you of.

I actually did remember the name of the first CM, and I actually did tell Troy that name. The reason I don't remember that name now is that I usually only remember CM names past the park exit in cases of excellent service or really bad show.

And I disagree that it doesn't do any good to drop the name here. A relative who works as a CM at Disneyland once told me City Hall complaints are essentially disregarded. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. But identifying really good or really bad CM's to thousands of readers on these boards does have an effect in my opinion. I guarantee those of you who've read this thread will notice Troy from now on- whether you agree with me or not.

I did not make a complaint at City Hall or here about that mediocre/bad CM at Animal Kingdom who told me I really didn't want to buy the AK park music soundtrack because it's just all one stupid song, and that the only reason I liked it enough to ask about it is that I'm not there listening to it every day like her. Nor did I remember her name. She wasn't rude. She was apathetic. I laughed it off (although since WDW withdrawals have kicked in, I now regret not buying the CD).

But Troy had a very special talent for making people feel like idiots, that really offended this not easily offended guy. Sometimes you can kind of infer that a CM is just having a bad day. But believe me, Troy's rudeness did not smack of "I'm having a bad day and I'm just trying to do my job." He seemed delighted to tell me off. That's worth remembering a name and dropping it the only place it will get noticed.

And no, I don't blame the TL CM's for making me cut my lunch short. I'm either not phrasing my sarcasm correctly or you are simply not getting it.

Lastly, I didn't expect the CM's to be all-knowing. I've read these boards long enough to know better. What I wanted was a little help. I wasn't asking for insider info. I had one question- what are my chances of seeing the show today. And all Troy had to do was tell me the truth. Turns out there were soft openings and he knew that very well. So just freaking tell me that, Troy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast